Queueueing

gherkin8r

Planning on arriving in car park on Tuesday night this year and entering through gate B to try and ensure we get a spot in Cockmill family camping. Anyone any idea what sort of time the queueing will start and what time Is need to be queueing to guarantee getting into family camping at cockmill?

I worked at the festival last year, arriving on Monday, and our campsite was right next to where everybody queues for Gate B. So I sort of got to see how it went down.

By around midnight, the queue was already very long. I was actually amazed at the numbers who queue overnight. But by 11am, there was already not much of a queue at all.

I think Gate B is very popular with early arrivals, due to the proximity to Cockmill and Big Ground. But a less popular gate for later arrivals. So actually, it all moves quite quickly once gates open, and everybody has a decent chance of getting their desired spot if they got into the queue in good enough time.

I think there is quite a big difference in queue position between those arriving at 9pm and those arriving at midnight on Tuesday night. But not much of a difference between arriving at midnight and 7am, as either way you behind the large number of very keen early birds.

But still, I think providing you are in the queue by 7am, you would have a decent shot at a spot.

Edited by Sku
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sku said:

I worked at the festival last year, arriving on Monday, and our campsite was right next to where everybody queues for Gate B. So I sort of got to see how it went down.

By around midnight, the queue was already very long. I was actually amazed at the numbers who queue overnight. But by 11am, there was already not much of a queue at all.

I think Gate B is very popular with early arrivals, due to the proximity to Cockmill and Big Ground. But a less popular gate for later arrivals. So actually, it all moves quite quickly once gates open, and everybody has a decent chance of getting their desired spot if they got into the queue in good enough time.

I think there is quite a big difference in queue position between those arriving at 9pm and those arriving at midnight on Tuesday night. But not much of a difference between arriving at midnight and 7am, as either way you behind the large number of very keen early birds.

But still, I think providing you are in the queue by 7am, you would have a decent shot at a spot.

That's an absolutely heroic response, cheers