Best Bars

O'Doyle Rules

33 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

There was a bar in The Woods up near The John Peel last time, although I dont think it showed on the map in 2019 and it certainly isn't showing this time. Does anyone know if it's likely to be there again this year? I've made it the first stop on our Thursday pub crawl, so I'm hoping it is as it's a long walk to the next bar from there!

Think it's technically a 'cafe', so might not be listed on the map for that reason https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-wood/

Edited by FLB
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Familiar2billions said:

There was a bar in The Woods up near The John Peel last time, although I dont think it showed on the map in 2019 and it certainly isn't showing this time. Does anyone know if it's likely to be there again this year? I've made it the first stop on our Thursday pub crawl, so I'm hoping it is as it's a long walk to the next bar from there!

Isn’t Tolpuddle Arms just at the John Peel? You could stop off there!

16 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Isn’t Tolpuddle Arms just at the John Peel? You could stop off there!

True, only thing I found when we did the last bar crawl was that some up on that side weren't open on the Thursday, or, opened a lot later because the John Peel and Pyramid weren't in action. We had Mandela on our route but couldn't get a beer that at midday on the Thursday. That said, you could actually go in there and it was a decent spot for shade!

1 hour ago, FLB said:

Think it's technically a 'cafe', so might not be listed on the map for that reason https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-wood/

That would make sense. As @FLB mentioned, definitely remember people getting booze there but perhaps it was cocktails. I remember my mate sparking up at that point and the next couple of hours are somewhat of a blur 😂

3 hours ago, Familiar2billions said:

There's definitely a proper bar in The Woods, been my first stop for the last two festivals.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:57 AM, O'Doyle Rules said:

What are your favourite bars at Glastonbury and why?

Near pyramid in 2019 I found a tent playing Irish music after the Cure but have no idea where exactly!

The Bar called the 'Bar' near Tony Benn Tower is my first cider  stop.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:18 AM, DareToDibble said:

Yeah I loved Kasbah too, shame it went in 2019.

Brothers Bar is always good on a Thursday night, great atmosphere there when they start blasting the music.

Avalon Inn another favourite, great place to go for a couple of drinks between acts!

“Fat Bottomed Girls” blasting out of the speakers on a Wednesday afternoon with everyone singing along in the sun is one of my clearest memories ever. Every time I hear it now I’m right back there! 

• Like 1

The Avalon Inn is awesome. I always take newbies there as there's nothing else like it at any other festival. A proper pub in a field which is essentially its own awesome mini festival.

Really looking forward to checking out The Rocket Lounge this year too. Frozen Cocktails and what looks like a great line up of acts too. Does anyone have any experiences there? Easy enough to get a drink or does it get rammed?

7 hours ago, northernringo said:

I know we obviously have no idea what the beer prices are this year, but does anyone remember what they were in 2019?

And similarly, how much was a cocktail relative to a beer?

This is a price list from one bar in 2019

menu-bar-2000x1167.jpg

• Upvote 1

After we setup we always goto brothers on the wednesday and get some of that lovely pear festival cider down us (which i think you can only get at Glastonbury now (unless thats also over)) Then goto upto the park hill and watch the sunset. Then its all go from there with no plans apart for food and chat...

With some added crazyness if it happens....well it happens. Normally it gets fuzzy at that point. But smiles all around.

There was a stall very close to Leftfield that sold ice cold Hackney Hopster Pale cans in 2019. In the boiling heat of the Saturday, and after a few days of lager or not-that-cold ale, they were amazing. One of those times when a beer lives long in the memory. Don't think Hackney Hopster is that great and I'm pretty sure I paid something outrageous for a small can, but it just arrived at the right place at the right time. 😎👌😁

Long story short... Might be worth looking out for if you're round that way this year.