Best Bars

O'Doyle Rules

Bimble has always been a favourite

I used to also love the counter in the park that sold the park T-shirts and other park stuff, they used to do "cheap" rum and cokes/dark and stormy's - only 2014-2016 I think - years since then they never served booze, I have a sneaky suspicion they were never supposed to be selling booze and the guys were operating "under the counter" drinks sales - as I recall asking in 2017 and they just laughed and said uhhhh - we aren't selling drinks this year 😄

44 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

There's a bar in Unfairground that sells those big pint cans of Arbor ales, theyve got 2 or 3 different ones (including a Gluten Free) and theyre deliciously cold and absolutely majestic. For that alone its become my favourite bar

Really that’s sounds great never found that before although to be honest I’m not normally drinking much by the time I get to those fields 

3 hours ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

Avalon Inn is my favourite by some way - can happily spend a long long time there...

also honorable mentions to Bread & Roses and the main bar in the markets that has "BAR" in big wooden letters that serves frozen margaritas

Yeah BAR is a cracking one, always good music too

20 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

At Green Man last year there was a bar doing fresh Bloody Marys - massive queue every morning but so worth it. Where am I best of looking for the same thing at Glasto next week? San Remo?

That place was amazing and certainly sorted me out a couple of times! 

I'm taking vodka and cans of tomato juice with the other ingredients in to Glastonbury.

There's definitely a place in T&C that does a phenomenonal Bloody Mary but might be a bit out of the way depending on where you are. 

25 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

At Green Man last year there was a bar doing fresh Bloody Marys - massive queue every morning but so worth it. Where am I best of looking for the same thing at Glasto next week? San Remo?

The Tree Cafe in the Park had a hatch on the side selling Bloody Marys out of it for a number of years.  But not sure if it's going to be there this year.

1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

56 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'm taking vodka and cans of tomato juice with the other ingredients in to Glastonbury.

There's definitely a place in T&C that does a phenomenonal Bloody Mary but might be a bit out of the way depending on where you are. 

I've just picked up a bottle of Cox's Bloody Mary spicer and plan on adding that (apparently only one tsp!) to tomato juice and voddy. Decided that was better than decanting a load of big tom bottles. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Tree Cafe in the Park had a hatch on the side selling Bloody Marys out of it for a number of years.  But not sure if it's going to be there this year.

Thanks and thanks. I'll keep my eyes peeled for both of these!

Did try one of those pre-mixed cans on my way to the airport recently but (obviously) it's just not the same as made fresh. If I bump into Zeppelin or Rosie I'll ask you for a fresh one too 🙂 

Don’t see the appeal of Brothers myself.... don’t they solely sell very sweet, very sickly, strong fruit ciders? Also.... whenever I’m there during the day, the place seems surrounded by loud and boisterous young lads. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s not really my vibe now, as I’ve become an old fart. If I’m in West Holts area, West Holts Bar, or the cut through to Ridge & Furrow are better options I think.

Note: West Holts Bar is a great spot to people watch the antics of said young lads at Brothers from. Whilst tutting and shaking my head.