Best Bars

O'Doyle Rules

3 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Can those that love Avalon Inn explain the appeal pls? I've never frequented this establishment before (only been to festival once before)

I like it because it feels like a proper pub albeit one you might find in lord of the rings. Cosy and friendly atmosphere and good drinks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Can those that love Avalon Inn explain the appeal pls? I've never frequented this establishment before (only been to festival once before)

It's like a proper pub built of wood with a balcony.  Lovely.  In fact my niece decided it would be a lovely wedding venue.  She didn't even have a boyfriend at the time!

53 minutes ago, musky said:

Bugger. 

Now where am I going to get my hit of big comfy cushions!

Not at all the same, but Strummerville has comfy sofas and a lovely big fire going throughout the festival.  And a teeny weeny bar and a teeny weeny stage.  I love it up there.

2 hours ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

Avalon Inn is my favourite by some way - can happily spend a long long time there...

also honorable mentions to Bread & Roses and the main bar in the markets that has "BAR" in big wooden letters that serves frozen margaritas

Spent some happy times dancing like a tit at the Meeting Place bar (that's the one with "BAR").

Love the springy floor in the B&R, made a point of seeing Land Of The Giants when they've played in there.

There's a bar in Unfairground that sells those big pint cans of Arbor ales, theyve got 2 or 3 different ones (including a Gluten Free) and theyre deliciously cold and absolutely majestic. For that alone its become my favourite bar

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1