Best Food Stalls

11 minutes ago, m4tt said:

More important than the food is the drink.

Do you think the Danish Quarter will return?

Will there be anything other than Carleberg 🤢 & Export? I always hope they'll serve Brooklyn (also owned by Carlsberg)

Forgot we lost the Danish quarter amongst all the other changes. Again a lessening of the overall ‘festival’ experience, if a rather minor one. It did provide something different when there was nothing else you wanted to see on, if mainly for the older crowd. 

2 minutes ago, m4tt said:

The replacement beer tent was ok, but nowhere near as good.

Was that up round near the dance stage?

Forgot about that. Went there the once it was just a 10% version of what was there before, which was only really 10% of the summersby house or whatever it was back in 2015 with the second floor disco and slide back down!

image.thumb.jpeg.cdbd9f03fbe12e8497394d758c81f635.jpeg

On 6/17/2022 at 11:56 AM, m4tt said:

Someone recommended that last year (prob you) and i went hunting for it at reading but couldnt find it 😞

It probably was me, if the queue wasn’t so big at peak time I’d go twice a day!

8 hours ago, m4tt said:

More important than the food is the drink.

Do you think the Danish Quarter will return?

Will there be anything other than Carleberg 🤢 & Export? I always hope they'll serve Brooklyn (also owned by Carlsberg)

Drinks were a shambles at Leeds last year, wine sold out on day one at most bars, red bull mixers sold out early. It was basically the standard carlsberg or Somersby warm piss left from Saturday afternoon. Forgive me if I’m wrong but is there no special bars at Leeds besides the guest area?

12 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong but is there no special bars at Leeds besides the guest area?

They had a craft beer bar one year (maybe 2018), next to some street food vans, down the hill past the Leeds sign (to the left of the main stage as you look at it).  It was an easy to get a drink quickly for most of the weekend.

The year before that they had a separate serving point in the main bar that only did craft beer, and again you could pretty much walk up and get served immediately (instead of queueing for lager) for most of the weekend, until the Sunday when anything selling a drink was mobbed.

Neither of these were particularly "special" but did add to the choice slightly.

There was a hard seltzer bar last year, just as you came into the arena.

8 minutes ago, m4tt said:

You don't usually have to queue for more than a few mins at Reading. Probably because the vast majority of attendees aren't old enough to buy a drink. 

Queues were bad at Leeds until peak time, don’t remember giving it a miss due to the size of the queue all weekend luckily.

2 hours ago, WFD said:

They had a craft beer bar one year (maybe 2018), next to some street food vans, down the hill past the Leeds sign (to the left of the main stage as you look at it).  It was an easy to get a drink quickly for most of the weekend.

The year before that they had a separate serving point in the main bar that only did craft beer, and again you could pretty much walk up and get served immediately (instead of queueing for lager) for most of the weekend, until the Sunday when anything selling a drink was mobbed.

Neither of these were particularly "special" but did add to the choice slightly.

There was a hard seltzer bar last year, just as you came into the arena.

The seltzer wouldn’t be bad if it wasn’t £7 a can! Will keep an eye out for craft beer if it’s not badly priced