Spike Bar (and others)

anditmakesmesmile

7 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I love the Spike Bar. But it has no presence in the listings this year. Does it have a social presence?  Likewise Bimble Inn. And a few others. 

Doesn’t seem to have its own presence anywhere, no… 

Not sure if you’ve seen the updates from site photos already but looks like the Spike will be changing a bit this year with an increased bar & seating capacity but no live music or DJs.

Used to love a cocktail in the spike. Cracking little venue in the trees. Don't think I've watched much music in there though 

I've happened upon some cracking DJ sets in there and yet I don't think I've ever bought a drink there.  So I'll miss the music and am not sure I'll have a real reason to go there now.  That said, I'll probably poke my nose in to see what it's like and may be surprised!

Yes sound clash from glade lounge was always a shame when chilling at spike. I actually always wished they didn't have any music at spike as loved listening to glade lounge DJs but the clash was grim. 

The idea of listening to stuff on the new glade stage from the spike bar with no sound clash is an amazing thought. Bring it on. 

Perhaps they will have something small (in-house spike DJs) inbetween glade state sets and also late night after glade stage shuts. 

I think Spike is going to be a hangout bar / area to bridge the new Glade Dome and Classic Glade area. The disco ball needs to stay - that's a classic.

I hope the Spike DJ with the single record player still has a spot somewhere.

Edited by NickM45

5 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I love the Spike Bar. But it has no presence in the listings this year. Does it have a social presence?  Likewise Bimble Inn. And a few others. 

Some of the acts who played quite a bit in the Spike before seem to crop up in the Dome - eg Just a Couple of Mums are in there 3 times.