Never Have I Ever

maelzoid

So I have been to the festival a dozen times going back to '93. In that time I have been to so many stages and bars etc, but looking at the line-up, there are places I simply have not been to in all those festivals. 

Never have I ever been in the Rabbit Hole

Never have I ever been to Strummerville

Which surprises me. I've never been to NYC Downlow or the naked hot-tub, but those things aren't really for me (or am I mistaken?) but I have been to the secret piano bar, so it's not like I stick by the pyramid all the time either...

What are your glaring omissions?

I've never watched a film at the cinema tent

Never been in the piano bar, tried to get in one year but it was full and couldn't be bothered queuing

Never been up the ribbon tower, like with the piano bar, can't be bothered queueing so just always go for a walk up to the Glastonbury sign

3 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

I've never watched a film at the cinema tent

Never been in the piano bar, tried to get in one year but it was full and couldn't be bothered queuing

Never been up the ribbon tower, like with the piano bar, can't be bothered queueing so just always go for a walk up to the Glastonbury sign

Yep pretty much anything with a queue I won’t have done!

I've been to every one since 2009 but never have I ever...

• been up the ribbon tower.
  • been in Funkingham Palace.
  • found the underground piano bar.
  • watched a Sunday night Pyramid headliner.
  • watched a performance in T&C when not just walking through.
  • been into The Temple.
  • seen a film.

Never have I ever...

Been up the Ribbon tower.

Been thorugh the Rabbit Hole.

Found The Underground Piano Bar.

Not overly fussed about those 3.

Watched an act at The Park (several I will be watching this year).

Watched the sun come up (33 year old would have been keen, 43 me, not so much).

Man it's actually a week away, buzzing absolutely buzzing!!

Never been to strummerville.

Never been up ribbon tower (attempted once but being a bit hungover and it was windy which really made me disoriented and I had to come back down). 

Never been to Rabbit hole or piano bar (don't even know where they are).

Never found the Piano Bar, even though apparently I've been next to it many times.

Never made it to dawn at the stone circle.

Never made something in the craft field, although the dream of carving my own wooden spoon may finally be realised this year.

Done a lot of the other things people mention, mainly at times when no one else is around, e.g. instead of Dolly Parton's whole set I watched a couple of songs then wandered up to the Park and up the ribbon tower, and watched a bit of Yoko Ono screaming from up there. Fun times.

8 minutes ago, matichin said:

Never found the Piano Bar, even though apparently I've been next to it many times.

Never made it to dawn at the stone circle.

Never made something in the craft field, although the dream of carving my own wooden spoon may finally be realised this year.

Done a lot of the other things people mention, mainly at times when no one else is around, e.g. instead of Dolly Parton's whole set I watched a couple of songs then wandered up to the Park and up the ribbon tower, and watched a bit of Yoko Ono screaming from up there. Fun times.

Ha I watched that yoko ono set too...I wish I hadn't 😀 maybe it was better from up in the ribbon tower. 

6 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Ha I watched that yoko ono set too...I wish I hadn't 😀 maybe it was better from up in the ribbon tower. 

It was definitely an experience... There was also a horde of seagulls eating rubbish on the hill behind me, so felt like something vaguely apocalyptic. 

Yoko is definitely more of a "I've seen her, tick that box" acts as opposed to a "she was amazing live" acts.

interesting question to think about actually... i've never:

been to JP (to see anyone, been past it)

been to any venues in the Park except for the Rabbit Hole

been to the Glastonbury sign (although did climb up the LOVE sign that was above the stone circle for a couple of years)

made anything in the craft field (although a photo does exist of me with a hammer and chisel next to a big block of stone but i have zero memory of that ever taking place...)

seen the burning of the phoenix on weds night as by that time i've normally spent a few hours moaning about how tired i am and have gone to bed...

i'm sure there's plenty more but those spring to mind...