Bicep vs Pet Shop Boys ?

mrfunk

Bicep vs Pet Shop Boys ?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Simple . which one? I just cant decide.. I have seen PSB, many moons ago at Glasto.. Im a true electronica Orbital/Underworld fan , but find Bicep's Isles album quite flat..

• Pet Shop Boys
    • Bicep

I have seen PSB, many moons ago at Glasto.. Im a true electronica Orbital/Underworld fan , but find Bicep's Isles album quite flat..Also balancing the fact that I'm sure we will have another horrendous collab PSB with Olly from years years (such a contrast in talent to Mr Tennant) I welcome objective thoughts... GO !

This is the biggest clash of the festival for me. I really wanted to see Bicep but The Dreamworld tour the Pet Shop Boys are bringing to Glastonbury is amazing. Hit after hit after hit. I will be watching it again. 

11 minutes ago, NickM45 said:

I'm doing half and half Other Stage to WH is not that long of a walk - Bicep first, finale with PSB.

I know a lot of people do "half sets" where there's a clash/overlap and leave one to see part or most of another but to me it feels a bit odd.  Only did it once and just I got out of earshot of the first set, my fave song came on.  Then I arrived at the next one having missed 2/3 songs at the start and was right at the back of the crowd.  Kind of felt like the worst of both worlds.

• Like 1

definately PSBS for me as my best mate is a superfan .... might not end up watching it with him though sadly as he will likely be watching it with someone who I have no desire to talk to again .... who's coming on a sunday ticket .... will enjoy it anyway ... but a slightly awkward situation 

I’ll be at Kendrick, but I’d choose PSB out of these two. Bicep will be touring anywhere and everywhere for a long time now and be at Glastonbury again in like two years probably, whereas PSB don’t tour as often and don’t have as much time left in them and this will probably be their last go at the festival, plus PSB will be an absolute bangerfest.

Pet Shop Boys. Greatest , most consistently brilliant singles band ever. This set will be a 90 minute masterclass in how to write poignant, heartbreaking, joyous songs in a magical 3 minute pop single.

Che Guevara and Debussy to a disco beat

Cannot fucking wait.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It was something I was unsure of for a bit but having looked at the set lists the PSB have been running with recently it really is a no brainier.

Bicep will be good I’m in no doubt about it but PSB will be special.

Edited by JoeyT

It's a no brainer really IMHO. PSB for the reason that many have stated. Bicep will be back again and again and again. 

It's like the choice in 2016 about going to see Underworld on West Holts. Up against Disclosure and Muse (I think). Disclosure would be back. Muse are mehhh. Would Underworld be back to headline? 

First time they had played in 17 years. It's important to work the equations when making decisions

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

It's a no brainer really IMHO. PSB for the reason that many have stated. Bicep will be back again and again and again. 

It's like the choice in 2016 about going to see Underworld on West Holts. Up against Disclosure and Muse (I think). Disclosure would be back. Muse are mehhh. Would Underworld be back to headline? 

First time they had played in 17 years. It's important to work the equations when making decisions

I think you have a point there, hence I saw Underworld, and what a gig !