Missing Ticket - Stalemate between RM and See

theciderviking

25 minutes ago, UEF said:

Reminds me of the yearly "any chance of a server that doesn't crash?" complaint

Bring Back Freya.

Oh the Freya link… wow that year was a nightmare.. took about 24hrs to get the tickets, only helped by the Freya server leak

On 6/14/2022 at 6:44 PM, theciderviking said:

Posting this here on behalf of a member of our group, to see whether anybody has any other suggestions.

His ticket was dispatched by See, and the Royal Mail tracking shows it as "Delivered" - there's no signature, just an 'X'. When he queried with RM, they've investigated and confirmed using the GPS coordinates from the PDA that the 'signature' was recorded some distance from his delivery address, but nevertheless so far as they are concerned it was delivered and signed for, therefore they cannot help.

Seetickets have said that there's nothing they can do, it was dispatched and as far as they are concerned RM have delivered it - albeit to the wrong place, without obtaining a signature.

He's simply being passed back and too between RM and See, with neither party prepared to take any responsibility or offer him a way for ward.

He's knocked on every door within the radius given by RM, and also spoken to the postal workers in the area, but has drawn a blank at every turn.

It's been reported as a crime (theft of mail) and also to RM themselves, as well as emails and tweets being sent to just about every address at See and GLF that we can track down, all without any success.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, as we seem all out of ideas now, and he's absolutely heartbroken. 😞 

There seem to be quite a large number of similar reports on social media, but so far as I can make out nobody has had any success in reaching a resolution. Surely there must be a process and a way forward? Would totally understand if he had received and lost the ticket, but for RM to have seemingly lost it or misdelivered it, there must be a way to resolve?

Any luck your friend's end?

13 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Any luck your friend's end?

A bit of luck so far.

I have a confession from Royal Mail that they lost my ticket. I’ve email it to SeeTickets on Wednesday morning. I’m waiting for a reply.

hopefully that will be the end of it. With any luck the reply will just say..  collect from box office. Trying very hard not to get my hopes up though. 

Edited by Danamaganza

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve lost track a little … how many people on this thread now have major issues ? 

Still me - 4 tickets. I filed a claim with Action Fraud as this is what RM suggested - the random signature doesn't match anyone from my flat or block of flats. Going to print this with bank statements, passports, debit card etc and head to the box office and hope for the best. 

Edited by MeganAmy93

4 minutes ago, Danamaganza said:

A bit of luck so far.

I have a confession from Royal Mail that they lost my ticket. I’ve email it to SeeTickets on Wednesday morning. I’m waiting for a reply.

hopefully that will be the end of it. With any luck the reply will just say..  collect from box office. Trying very hard not to get my hopes up though. 

Yeah you would hope so... if they just give a refund (which they have to now as a minimum) that is basically awful.. all anyone with tickets wants to do is go to their event. I'd love to be able to vote with my feet and boycott See going forward but with Glastonbury that is rather hard... I feel like Glastonbury are poor not sorting this out with fast answers... even Fyre Festival didn't cock this bit up!

I hope the pressure has built so much a statement or email will arrive from them it’s obviously not an insignificant number of people … there are always one or two issues … and the festival follow things like this thread fortunately there are still a few more days till gates open fingers crossed for some decent responses before that 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

As others has said a move to electronic tickets seems the most sensible.  Most major events now do this.  My world cup tickets are all electronic. 

Any system will have the odd problem, phone tickets would have lost/stolen/out of battery phones complicating things, not to mention touts selling phones with tickets on them, to combat that you would need scanning points at points of entry which then leaves you vulnerable to power outages/wifi/mobile connection problems and cyber attack. The system as it stands would have been fine if A. See had sent out tickets earlier and B. Royal Mail had done their job and got signatures from the recipient on delivery. Even then there would have been a small number of issues to deal with but it would have been manageable.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

Any system will have the odd problem, phone tickets would have lost/stolen/out of battery phones complicating things, not to mention touts selling phones with tickets on them, to combat that you would need scanning points at points of entry which then leaves you vulnerable to power outages/wifi/mobile connection problems and cyber attack. The system as it stands would have been fine if A. See had sent out tickets earlier and B. Royal Mail had done their job and got signatures from the recipient on delivery. Even then there would have been a small number of issues to deal with but it would have been manageable.

Like you just said. Why have they left it until 2/3 weeks before the event? It seem ludicrous. The Royal Mail investigation took 15 days. Why not send out tickets 2 months prior to give time for these things to be fixed. 

6 minutes ago, Danamaganza said:

Like you just said. Why have they left it until 2/3 weeks before the event? It seem ludicrous. The Royal Mail investigation took 15 days. Why not send out tickets 2 months prior to give time for these things to be fixed. 

Don't they always come this late? Felt like it did in 2019. Also isn't it a strategy to limit the scope for forgeries to be created? 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Don't they always come this late? Felt like it did in 2019. Also isn't it a strategy to limit the scope for forgeries to be created? 

That's fair enough but then surely someone from the festival should step in when these things occur with so little time to sort it out 

Has anybody had any luck? 😭

We've found out the the postie signed for the tickets, as they were allowed to do during COVID - but surely this still shouldn't be happening! The tickets have completely disappeared - I've shared this information with SeeTickets but haven't heard back. 

2 minutes ago, MeganAmy93 said:

We've found out the the postie signed for the tickets, as they were allowed to do during COVID - but surely this still shouldn't be happening! The tickets have completely disappeared - I've shared this information with SeeTickets but haven't heard back. 

I’d get in touch with the festival itself as well to let them know, time is getting short 😬

4 hours ago, Cream Soda said:

That's fair enough but then surely someone from the festival should step in when these things occur with so little time to sort it out 

Yep, any issues where people's tickets have gone missing through no fault of their own should be dealt with immediately. Whoever is in this situation has my sympathy. I appreciate in such numbers mistakes will happen which is fair enough, but it's how they respond that matters. Passing the buck and not being able to go to the event you've paid and looked forward to for months is unacceptable. I understand things need to be double or triple checked, but the festival office themselves should be resolving this to ensure these people can go.

1 hour ago, MeganAmy93 said:

The postie wasn’t allowed to. If they are saying that, they’re lying. The service requires an answered door also. 

https://www.royalmail.com/non-contract-terms-and-conditions

I finally received an answer from SeeTickets this morning saying I can collect my ticket from the box office on site.

It took 20 days in total to get it all sorted. Royal Mails investigation took 15 days. Royal Mail shouldn’t be signing since May 1st.. but that’s irrelevant because the service used requires an answered door anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 23

1 minute ago, Danamaganza said:

I finally received an answer from SeeTickets this morning saying I can collect my ticket from the box office on site.

It took 20 days in total to get it all sorted. Royal Mails investigation took 15 days. Royal Mail shouldn’t be signing since May 1st.. but that’s irrelevant because the service used requires an answered door anyway. 

Absolute nightmare but so good to hear they've recognised the issue. At least now you know you'll get through the gates

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Danamaganza said:

What a nightmare.

Once you get that ticket though 😁

Have a great festival