Missing Ticket - Stalemate between RM and See

theciderviking

1 minute ago, MeganAmy93 said:

Have done! And left a sign and will continue to do so every day - post office say they can't track the GPS. So so gutted 😭

Any similar street names in your town worth checking? Bizarrely where I live there is another street with the same name as mine less than 3 miles away

4 minutes ago, MeganAmy93 said:

Have done! And left a sign and will continue to do so every day - post office say they can't track the GPS. So so gutted 😭

Just had this reply via Twitter from Royal Mail, not sure if it will help or it’s a generic response but try with RM again?

7 minutes ago, MeganAmy93 said:

Royal Mail need to confirm to you that they have lost the envelope. It wasn't delivered to you. Then, hopefully, See can arrange for you to collect new ones. Absolutely unacceptable that they can just deliver to the wrong address and there is no come back.

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Royal Mail need to confirm to you that they have lost the envelope. It wasn't delivered to you. Then, hopefully, See can arrange for you to collect new ones. Absolutely unacceptable that they can just deliver to the wrong address and there is no come back.

See Tix aren’t being particularly helpful either (ie. slow to respond/resolve). I appreciate they’re busy right now but surely there has to be a better system going forward 😬

18 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Hopefully, I will keep trying on this! Have DM'd Royal Mail and asked everyone and anyone for a contact at Seetickets. Thanks for suggestions. 

37 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

For me I wouldn't be bothering with Royal Mail - its seetickets who your contract is with and who ultimately hold responsibility.  Would focus on them.

I presume they aren't refusing to give you a refund ? its just the question over getting a ticket?

SeeTickets will just pawn you you off to Royal Mail first anyway. The only correspondence I’ve had with SeeTickets so far is ‘talk to royal Mail’. 

Glastonbury is even worse. They don’t help in the slightest. Not interested at all. 

22 minutes ago, Danamaganza said:

SeeTickets will just pawn you you off to Royal Mail first anyway. The only correspondence I’ve had with SeeTickets so far is ‘talk to royal Mail’. 

Glastonbury is even worse. They don’t help in the slightest. Not interested at all. 

The festival should care, it’s them you have a contract with, see are just agents, the ‘goods’ you paid money for is entrance to the festival. Trouble is they will have factored in an ‘acceptable’ loss % and below that nobody cares. A few dozen tickets go missing, nobody bats an eyelid, a few hundred and papers get interested,  the festival looks bad and do something about it.

Does anyone know what service the tickets are sent with? Might be worth looking at the T&C's. April 2022 version for Royal Mail Tracked 24/48 with signature states the following under clause 14.2:

We will use reasonable efforts to collect a signature from a person at the Intended Recipient’s address. If we are unable to collect such signature:

14.2.1 because although there is a person at the Intended Recipient’s address, that person refuses to provide a signature (and there is no other person who will provide a signature), then we will return the Item to the return sender address; or

14.2.2 for any other reason (other than where we make a Change under clause 3.17), then we will deal with that Item in accordance with clause Error! Reference source not found 

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2022-04/specific-terms-for-non-account-tracked-24-and-tracked-48-version-3-april-2022.pdf

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Them and millions of others...  Not sure what this has to do with stolen / missing tickets ?

Its like saying sorry your doctor amputated the wrong leg but they have had a hell of a time 😛 

Don't worry, your reputation as friend and supporter of the workers will remain undiminished 😂🤣

30 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Does anyone know what service the tickets are sent with? Might be worth looking at the T&C's. April 2022 version for Royal Mail Tracked 24/48 with signature states the following under clause 14.2:

We will use reasonable efforts to collect a signature from a person at the Intended Recipient’s address. If we are unable to collect such signature:

14.2.1 because although there is a person at the Intended Recipient’s address, that person refuses to provide a signature (and there is no other person who will provide a signature), then we will return the Item to the return sender address; or

14.2.2 for any other reason (other than where we make a Change under clause 3.17), then we will deal with that Item in accordance with clause Error! Reference source not found 

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2022-04/specific-terms-for-non-account-tracked-24-and-tracked-48-version-3-april-2022.pdf

Mine was sent Secure Delivery by 1pm. Signatures have been required since May 1st. If the door isn’t answered, the Mail needs to go back to depot. 

1 minute ago, UEF said:

Not sure if this has been said but the box office at pedestrian gate A should be able to sort anything like this. They've got all sorts of stuff they can look up for genuine punters. 

That's not a bad shout actually. Surely you won't be the only punter to have lost your ticket??

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Probably a silly question but is Emily tweetable? I don't use twitter so apologies if this is a silly and laughable suggestion.

She is and she’s probably been tagged in numerous tweets like this but I’ve not yet seen any response … I’d guess some conversations happening behind the scenes … they will be aware by now 

14 minutes ago, Cooter said:

That's not a bad shout actually. Surely you won't be the only punter to have lost your ticket??

Exactly. They're there to sort all kinds of things, including punters losing the tickets themselves. Obviously they don't want to shout about it, but I've heard of all sorts of things being made possible for genuine ticket buyers in need.

23 minutes ago, UEF said:

Not sure if this has been said but the box office at pedestrian gate A should be able to sort anything like this. They've got all sorts of stuff they can look up for genuine punters. 

I would be going there on Tues evening without a shadow of doubt and taking every single trace of purchase/ communication possible. 

Failing that I'd be sneaking in or sprinting past security. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I would be going there on Tues evening without a shadow of doubt and taking every single trace of purchase/ communication possible. 

Failing that I'd be sneaking in or sprinting past security. 

Exactly. All this and decent photo ID, proof of addresses, etc.

There are too many moving parts in the whole ticket process where things can go wrong.  You're relying on basically three different parties to have their shit together + for the ticket holder to not lose or destroy their ticket.  Continuing with paper tickets is absolute madness by the organisers and after this festival real pressure should be out on them to implement a different solution. 

3 hours ago, MeganAmy93 said:

Hopefully, I will keep trying on this! Have DM'd Royal Mail and asked everyone and anyone for a contact at Seetickets. Thanks for suggestions. 

Try the guy in this link...

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/240817-missing-ticket-stalemate-between-rm-and-see/?do=findComment&comment=6389017

44 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

There are too many moving parts in the whole ticket process where things can go wrong.  You're relying on basically three different parties to have their shit together + for the ticket holder to not lose or destroy their ticket.  Continuing with paper tickets is absolute madness by the organisers and after this festival real pressure should be out on them to implement a different solution. 

Reminds me of the yearly "any chance of a server that doesn't crash?" complaint

Bring Back Freya.