Missing Ticket - Stalemate between RM and See

theciderviking

9 hours ago, august1 said:

we've just moved and my new postie asked for my full name before handing over the ticket to see if it matched, we were out when he tried to deliver my gf's so he left a note saying i've got your glasto ticket and i'll come back at 1pm to attempt another delivery.

Shows the difference in service.

This IS good service but highlights that individuals are well aware that these could be Glastonbury tickets  and therein lies the problem. It is untenable now that they are delivered this way when the replacement policy is so strict.

1 minute ago, serendipitous said:

For those keeping track of this saga, Royal Mail have today accepted that the fault lies with them and the ticket was likely not delivered to the correct address.

Now just to get past See.

It sounds like that’s the most difficult part, getting them to admit fault. Fingers crossed when you send that over to See they’ll get it sorted.

Have RM agreed to send some kind of confirmation they messed up the delivery?

3 minutes ago, serendipitous said:

For those keeping track of this saga, Royal Mail have today accepted that the fault lies with them and the ticket was likely not delivered to the correct address.

This is progress. See should cancel the tickets and send replacements to the Gate A box office for collection now. What a nightmare. I hope See Tickets will now sort you out.

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m trying to track down the ceos email via Twitter … will post if I get a response to someone else’s tweet 

rob.wilmshurst@seetickets.com

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Heartbreaking for the person left without their ticket. Surely the Royal Mail must know the identity of the post person who was meant to deliver it to the recipient named on the envelope? He/she must remember who accepted the letter so needs to be interviewed by the RM supervisor and the police as someone is telling lies or covering up. Far too many stories of posties  just signing it themselves and putting it through the letter box. Thought the procedure was the red card and return it to sorting office? Seems to have got a bit lax this year.

Red carding is absolutely the correct procedure and this is where I’ve got them I think.

This thread is about me. I’m gonna update once I’ve read through everything. 

I’ve emailed this Rob Wilmshurst guy in the hope that See instruct Royal Mail to follow proper procedure. Because ultimately See aren’t getting what they’ve paid for from Royal Mail.

I guess most tickets have been delivered by now though.

28 minutes ago, rachel91 said:

My friend lost her ticket and didn't realise she didn't have it until we were about to set off to go to the festival... we just said print out confirmations etc to show the gate/box office. She wasn't allowed in, we walked all around the festival for hours to ask numerous staff about getting her in and no luck. We arrived at 4am and she finally got in (unofficially) after a steward heard her sob story and kindly snuck her in at 11pm. A very long day and horrible at the time but a good story to tell!

Glad your friend got in, sounds like a long day!

1 hour ago, serendipitous said:

So happy for your mate!! Fantastic news!

2 hours ago, serendipitous said:

Thank god for that. How is this so hard, surely a new ticket with a new number / QR code should have sorted this in minutes. Unbelievable.

Hope this s the end of your nightmare

Edited by ShuMart

I hope that you get the ticket now that Royal Mail have admitted fault. Please keep us updated.

Just a quick story, my ticket was attempted to be delivered when I was out so when I went to pick it up, the guy behind the counter smiled massively at me and said 'I know what this is! you must be so excited, good line up this year'. Adorable. He then closed the hatch and turned his back on me and went on a rant with his co-worker saying 'it shows you where the money is these days, some people can't afford a holiday and then you got this lot with their tickets that cost more than a trip abroad, disgusting' (I mean, he aint lying). He then re-opened the hatch, nice as anything, and said 'I hope you have the best time love, enjoy yourself!'. 

I was very bemused. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, serendipitous said:

Congratulations that your perseverance paid off 😊

Whilst it's clearly not the explanation in this case, everyone please bear in mind that posties have had a torrid couple of years too. Their work of course depends on fitness, they've been coming into contact with potentially infected people daily, there's been increased postal volumes and they have staff shortages too - in some cases the impact has been massive

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/royal-mail-covid-blacklist-late-post-b1785909.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59629707

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/letters-undelivered-royal-mail-covid-staff-shortages-b975106.html

24 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

I hope that you get the ticket now that Royal Mail have admitted fault. Please keep us updated.

Just a quick story, my ticket was attempted to be delivered when I was out so when I went to pick it up, the guy behind the counter smiled massively at me and said 'I know what this is! you must be so excited, good line up this year'. Adorable. He then closed the hatch and turned his back on me and went on a rant with his co-worker saying 'it shows you where the money is these days, some people can't afford a holiday and then you got this lot with their tickets that cost more than a trip abroad, disgusting' (I mean, he aint lying). He then re-opened the hatch, nice as anything, and said 'I hope you have the best time love, enjoy yourself!'. 

I was very bemused. 

haha, what a snide little weasel he is.

mine were delivered when i wasn't home, red card, re-arranged delivery, came at said time. My usual postie didnt deliver them, i asked him and he said he didnt deliver the first time either as he would have left with a neighbour. Must use different postie for special delivery round here.

glad OP is getting sorted, no need for that stress

Edited by Perks
forgot something

19 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Whilst it's clearly not the explanation in this case, everyone please bear in mind that posties have had a torrid couple of years too. Their work of course depends on fitness, they've been coming into contact with potentially infected people daily, there's been increased postal volumes and they have staff shortages too - in some cases the impact has been massive

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/royal-mail-covid-blacklist-late-post-b1785909.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59629707

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/letters-undelivered-royal-mail-covid-staff-shortages-b975106.html

This is true. But it’s not en excuse for postmen signing for packages themselves when signed and tracked postage has been paid for. Totally defeats the purpose of it and it results in situations like this. This isn’t over yet for the OP and I hope he gets his ticket. 

27 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

This is true. But it’s not en excuse for postmen signing for packages themselves when signed and tracked postage has been paid for. Totally defeats the purpose of it and it results in situations like this. This isn’t over yet for the OP and I hope he gets his ticket. 

You know that's exactly what they did implement in March 2020 and has been their policy for over two years? 

Whilst they issued a change in May saying they were gonna take signatures again, I can certainly see that rolling that out to staff spread nationwide including 10,000 temps all of whom work shifts would take a long time

15 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You know that's exactly what they did implement in March 2020 and has been their policy for over two years? 

Whilst they issued a change in May saying they were gonna take signatures again, I can certainly see that rolling that out to staff spread nationwide including 10,000 temps all of whom work shifts would take a long time

The new procedure wasn't simply allowing posties to sign on behalf, they still had to ensure that the package was given to the addressee. Someone from Royal Mail gave more detail on the requirements on another thread.

Theres been far too many tickets signed for and then pushed through the letter box, and in some cases, the wrong letter box.

I appreciate covid was tough but we can't excuse cutting corners either. 

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

I appreciate covid was tough but we can't excuse cutting corners either. 

In many cases corners have been cut because of covid and staffing levels - those articles referred to blackspots where some post allegedly wasn't received for a month.   I'm saying I can understand their being all sorts of issues and I'm happy to give my postie the benefit of the doubt. 

I had a situation just now where a local delivery fella older than me (I think in his 60s who caters for our whole community) nearly got exposed to my late stage omicron - he leaned in to retrieve a parcel as I went to pick it up. Angry that in the hurry to answer I forgot my mask 😠

Edited by clarkete

So I now have proof that I’ve purchased a ticket and I have proof that Royal Mail lost that ticket.

I have emailed SeeTickets on Wednesday morning. No reply yet.

Does anyone know of anyone being in this position and being able to get a ticket/entry via the box office using this evidence? 

This has happened to me for 4 tickets! SO gutted. There is a random signature that I don't recognise and doesn't match my name - the doorbell did not ring and we can't track down the tickets anywhere. Can anybody please offer any further advice? 

I'm badgering Seetickets with no luck, Royal Mail have raise a request but I am not hopeful. 😰

1 hour ago, Danamaganza said:

So I now have proof that I’ve purchased a ticket and I have proof that Royal Mail lost that ticket.

I have emailed SeeTickets on Wednesday morning. No reply yet.

Does anyone know of anyone being in this position and being able to get a ticket/entry via the box office using this evidence? 

Did you email them on glastonbury@seetickets.com?

10 minutes ago, MeganAmy93 said:

This has happened to me for 4 tickets! SO gutted. There is a random signature that I don't recognise and doesn't match my name - the doorbell did not ring and we can't track down the tickets anywhere. Can anybody please offer any further advice? 

I'm badgering Seetickets with no luck, Royal Mail have raise a request but I am not hopeful. 😰

Knock on all your neighbours' doors and see if anyone has taken it in.

OK, can peeps get this trending on Twitter please, I’m kind of getting sick of the appalling lack of customer service going on here 😵💫

Please read my reply. Can you retweet and copy in anyone and everyone you know who may have any clout with the festival to get it sorted for all whose tickets have been ‘mislaid’ by RM? Time is getting short (and even I’m stressed) 😬

• Upvote 1