Missing Ticket - Stalemate between RM and See

theciderviking

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I bought myself and two friends our stones tickets and they were all digital and the options to share were greyed out on the app to prevent touting 👍

there we go...the tech is in place, I don't understand why it isn't being implemented.

48 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

How long ago was your friends ticket despatched? 

If you have a see tickets account, after around two weeks a link appears in the see tickets order tracker to automatically cancel and reissue the tickets for collection at the box office.

Edit, randomly I’ve just checked on my mobile and that link no longer shows, wondering if it’s gone gone or just doesn’t show on mobile phones.

Have just checked on my PC, and the option has genuinely been removed!!!

Why would they have the system in place to deal with things like this, and 'choose' not to use it?

This is what it 'did' look like for anybody who didn't see it. 

See2.jpg

7 minutes ago, serendipitous said:

As an update (same group) we've already contacted Guardian Consumer Affairs column as they're a media partner. Going to get him to hit up some others later in the week if no dice.

Fingers crossed.

Good job but I'd also not limit to the Guardian. Given they've a working relationship with Glastonbury, they may not want to get involved and choose to avoid.

I'd be thinking about all those click bate media outlets who love to scrape content from social too.

I've only just realised a similar thing. I changed my address to my parent's before moving country and before I paid the remainder of my deposit (early April).

SeeTickets sent it to my old address mid May and RM have returned to sender according to the tracking link. I have emailed SeeTickets and am praying that they can sort this out. I should have checked the tracking link earlier, but also I don't understand why they would send it to an old address.

Definitely go after See, they're the only people that can fix this if the tickets are lost. Perhaps, quote the consumer rights act to them..

Keep bugging RM, they must be able to contact the postie and asked what he/she did

It’s terrible and my heart goes out to the unlucky ticket buyer.  I had mine delivered to my work and even though my company is very small (20 employees) I made sure I was there to get tickets.  They should have been signed for but we’re just chucked in with the rest of our companies mail.  I checked tracker and all they had was a signature of x,y and z scribbled down.  God knows what would have happened if I hadn’t been there to collect them.

When it looked like my friends ticket was lost by Royal Mail - misdelivered like this case - RM said if it couldn’t be found they’d issue a lost letter confirmation which could then be used as proof to See Tickets. Then they should be duty bound to act and replace. There are cases in previous years when with persistence a replacement ticket is issued by the festival site ticket office. Good luck

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

When it looked like my friends ticket was lost by Royal Mail - misdelivered like this case - RM said if it couldn’t be found they’d issue a lost letter confirmation which could then be used as proof to See Tickets. Then they should be duty bound to act and replace. There are cases in previous years when with persistence a replacement ticket is issued by the festival site ticket office. Good luck

Royal Mail first told us that the ticket was signed for at the address, which is impossible. He was then told that their GPS tracker showed the ticket was delivered 39 yards from the correct address. When he asked for that in writing to send to See they reverted to it was delivered to the correct address, they say the postman signed for it in line with COVID rules. Trouble is their own website says those rules expired a full month before it was delivered.

God this is a nightmare situation. My heart goes out to the guy. I’d take the position that the purchase was with you and See. Who See use to deliver tickets isn’t your concern/problem, it’s theirs.

Although you’d obviously chase RM directly, the onus should be on See to do that on your behalf as ticket provider. At the very least I’d be expecting them to look into this and offer solutions…not fobbing you off and passing the buck.

I’d try and get See to acknowledge their screw up and then ask them to ensure a rep at the GF box office has a replacement ticket there with his name on it. I think replacements used to exist, but we’re just left blank (long time, bad memory).

I would have thought that it is more likely to have been signed for by a business/work-place? They are more likely to have someone sign for post in bulk whilst not paying too much attention to the name/address. They would also be more likely to leave it lying around for a while. 

You would hope that an individual would not haven taken it!

1 hour ago, theciderviking said:

That's got to be the last resort, and I really hope that the box office would help particularly given the weight of evidence he has and the lengths he's gone to trying to resolve in advance, but I can't imagine how horrible it would be to do that and still get turned away. 😞

Digital ticketing has to be the way forward. 

They won't let you in without a ticket. In 2013, my friend lost her ticket and showed her print out confirmations, bank statement and all that jazz to the people at the box office & each of the gates but they were firm they wouldn't let her in. Hope you get it sorted! I would probably keep on at Royal Mail and if your mate sees their postie maybe they should ask if they remember delivering a Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm letter on the day it was 'signed' and where? 

It’s been covered already but when I’ve had to escalate serious complaints and issues in the past (Notably Southern Rail..) I have:

1. Found the email format of the company online (firstname.lastname@seetickets.com).

2. Find various employee names on LinkedIn - particularly customer service and make sure you include heads of customer service and tbh anyone senior across all areas including CEO and PA’s and EA’s. Email them all with desperate plea. 

3. Don’t limit this to see tickets. Take this approach with Royal Mail and Glastonbury.

4. Use your work email, if you can. Professional emails with signatures and a title will help.

Seems excessive but sometimes it’s the only way to get in contact with the people who can actually help and prioritise your friends case. 

Good luck - please keep us updated!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, shiveruk said:

I've only just realised a similar thing. I changed my address to my parent's before moving country and before I paid the remainder of my deposit (early April).

SeeTickets sent it to my old address mid May and RM have returned to sender according to the tracking link. I have emailed SeeTickets and am praying that they can sort this out. I should have checked the tracking link earlier, but also I don't understand why they would send it to an old address.

They’ve done this with mine previously! My original address on my reg was my parents address as they’d be in during the day. Have changed it multiple times for different orders over the years and they still send them to my mam and dad’s house! System is a bit of a joke to be honest. So long as they can rectify mistakes at the box office, you’d put up with it to a degree, but when they are wiping their hands on reissuing tickets, then a bigger fuss needs to be made.