Missing Ticket - Stalemate between RM and See

theciderviking

Posting this here on behalf of a member of our group, to see whether anybody has any other suggestions.

His ticket was dispatched by See, and the Royal Mail tracking shows it as "Delivered" - there's no signature, just an 'X'. When he queried with RM, they've investigated and confirmed using the GPS coordinates from the PDA that the 'signature' was recorded some distance from his delivery address, but nevertheless so far as they are concerned it was delivered and signed for, therefore they cannot help.

Seetickets have said that there's nothing they can do, it was dispatched and as far as they are concerned RM have delivered it - albeit to the wrong place, without obtaining a signature.

He's simply being passed back and too between RM and See, with neither party prepared to take any responsibility or offer him a way for ward.

He's knocked on every door within the radius given by RM, and also spoken to the postal workers in the area, but has drawn a blank at every turn.

It's been reported as a crime (theft of mail) and also to RM themselves, as well as emails and tweets being sent to just about every address at See and GLF that we can track down, all without any success.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, as we seem all out of ideas now, and he's absolutely heartbroken. 😞 

There seem to be quite a large number of similar reports on social media, but so far as I can make out nobody has had any success in reaching a resolution. Surely there must be a process and a way forward? Would totally understand if he had received and lost the ticket, but for RM to have seemingly lost it or misdelivered it, there must be a way to resolve?

2 minutes ago, august1 said:

Can the fest not step in? 

He's emailed them, and they've simply told him that all ticketing issues need to be dealt with by See. Fair enough, ticketing is outsourced to See, and it's their responsibility to ensure that tickets are delivered etc. But the issue is they're refusing to take responsibility, simply bouncing him back to RM. 😞 

I don't understand why they don't just have cancellable barcodes that get scanned on entrance so when they do get lost in the post they issue new ones, I had this for an event a few years back and exactly this happened. Surely Glastonbury have tech good enough for this now!

Unfortunately no ideas, other than if they paid for any portion of the ticket on credit card I would enact the section 75 protection now as this might get Glastonbury or See working on it if its going to cost them money.

Edited by Ashl
Added See
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ashl said:

I don't understand why they don't just have cancellable barcodes that get scanned on entrance so when they do get lost in the post they issue new ones, I had this for an event a few back and exactly this happened. Surely Glastonbury have tech good enough for this now!

Unfortunately no ideas, other than if they paid for any portion of the ticket on credit card I would enact the section 75 protection now as this might get Glastonbury working on it if its going to cost them money.

Alas I'm out of upvotes, but thank you! I hadn't even thought about potentially raising the S.75 protection issue - not sure how the tickets were paid for, but I'll mention it to him. 

And completely agree, I'm all for anti-touting measures and on the whole they're pretty damned robust and successful, but there has to be a failsafe. As you rightly say, it can be done very easily, the technology is well established. 

What would happen if he just turned up at the box office when it's quitened down, with print outs, and threw himself on their mercy? Any chance they could be flexible (in a we didn't do this, don't tell anyone sort of way).

People are probably sick of me saying it but mobile ticketing would be better, and IMO the technology exists now to make it even harder to tout than paper tickets.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

What would happen if he just turned up at the box office when it's quitened down, with print outs, and threw himself on their mercy? Any chance they could be flexible (in a we didn't do this, don't tell anyone sort of way).

People are probably sick of me saying it but mobile ticketing would be better, and IMO the technology exists now to make it even harder to tout than paper tickets.

That's got to be the last resort, and I really hope that the box office would help particularly given the weight of evidence he has and the lengths he's gone to trying to resolve in advance, but I can't imagine how horrible it would be to do that and still get turned away. 😞

Digital ticketing has to be the way forward. 

You have paid (via see) for guaranteed delivery, "Guaranteed by 1pm next working day, online tracking and signature on delivery" according to the royal mail tracker, this has clearly not happened it was "signed" away from the address by some unknown person, it clearly was not delivered as contracted, with Royal Mail, the person sending the item has to raise the complaint so Seetickets should be investigating this, I would chase them and explain again it's their responsibility to ensure their agent (Royal Mail) delivers the service paid for. Ask for a supervisor and threaten legal action if needbe.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Seetickets legally owe him a refund.

Indeed, I've thought of something else I would message every SeeTickets employee on LinkedIn (particularly senior ones) with the evidence and say regardless of what Royal Mail say your contract is with them, it is their responsibility to complete their contractual obligations, their mail provider is a 3rd party and their problem.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You have paid (via see) for guaranteed delivery, "Guaranteed by 1pm next working day, online tracking and signature on delivery" according to the royal mail tracker, this has clearly not happened it was "signed" away from the address by some unknown person, it clearly was not delivered as contracted, with Royal Mail, the person sending the item has to raise the complaint so Seetickets should be investigating this, I would chase them and explain again it's their responsibility to ensure their agent (Royal Mail) delivers the service paid for. Ask for a supervisor and threaten legal action if needbe.

And agree also continue the same tone via all SeeTickets routes.

If it was me I literally would not leave them alone in fact! Would be chasing hourly for updates given the cost of these tickets!

Edited by Ashl

How long ago was your friends ticket despatched? 

If you have a see tickets account, after around two weeks a link appears in the see tickets order tracker to automatically cancel and reissue the tickets for collection at the box office.

Edit, randomly I’ve just checked on my mobile and that link no longer shows, wondering if it’s gone gone or just doesn’t show on mobile phones.

Edited by Alvoram

These stories are really starting to piss me off.

How can someone pay £300 for a ticket and then have See Tickets, RM and in particular - Glastonbury Festival - wash their hands with it when clearly theres been breach of the terms & conditions? It's absolutely disgusting.

My heart is broken for the poor chap.

In Ireland we have this that gives free legal advise on things like this, surely the UK have something similar?

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/contact/contact-us/

• Like 1

Thanks everybody for your kind words. It really is heartbreaking, I'm absolutely furious about it, but I can only imagine how devastated I'd be if it was my ticket. 💔

I'm going to pass on all of the suggestions, and particularly like the LinkedIn idea - thanks, I hadn't thought of that! Fortunate to have quite a strong network on there, so I'm going to firstly see if I have any See connections, and if not will begin working through all of their employees, starting from the top. 

And I'll make sure he is badgering them every minute of the day, although I'm pretty sure he already is! 

I'm not going to post a link but the chap over Glasto at See Tickets is on LinkedIn, as well as Twitter.

You could also go nuclear and get in touch with one of the newspapers that is constantly pushing Glasto content.

Also has he been able to contact See over the phone or is it all via. email?

4 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

Thanks everybody for your kind words. It really is heartbreaking, I'm absolutely furious about it, but I can only imagine how devastated I'd be if it was my ticket. 💔

I'm going to pass on all of the suggestions, and particularly like the LinkedIn idea - thanks, I hadn't thought of that! Fortunate to have quite a strong network on there, so I'm going to firstly see if I have any See connections, and if not will begin working through all of their employees, starting from the top. 

And I'll make sure he is badgering them every minute of the day, although I'm pretty sure he already is! 

Yeah the LinkedIn idea worked for me on something else think it was Virgin Media where the whole area was out in late December 2020 and nobody was responding and the whole area was sad enough re Covid Christmas never mind not being able to video call.. it worked!

2 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I'm not going to post a link but the chap over Glasto at See Tickets is on LinkedIn, as well as Twitter.

You could also go nuclear and get in touch with one of the newspapers that is constantly pushing Glasto content.

Also has he been able to contact See over the phone or is it all via. email?

Tbh this is prime press fodder. Post a sad pic and say Glastonbury have been completely uncooperative and "stolen" £300 with no offer of refund or reissue of tickets.

Heartbreaking for the person left without their ticket. Surely the Royal Mail must know the identity of the post person who was meant to deliver it to the recipient named on the envelope? He/she must remember who accepted the letter so needs to be interviewed by the RM supervisor and the police as someone is telling lies or covering up. Far too many stories of posties  just signing it themselves and putting it through the letter box. Thought the procedure was the red card and return it to sorting office? Seems to have got a bit lax this year.

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Tbh this is prime press fodder. Post a sad pic and say Glastonbury have been completely uncooperative and "stolen" £300 with no offer of refund or reissue of tickets.

Definitely worth a go if no success by close of play tomorrow!

48 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Completely agree....I've been to other major events where this is in place and don't see why Glastonbury isn't following suit...not to mention the paper saved on 140,000 tickets and envelopes.

Tickets could be 'activated' the day before the festival and not given a transfer option to stop touting and each mobile ticket could have the person photo on it for checks at the gate.

Anyone who wants a souvenir ticket can order one for delivery after the festival for £10.

Done.

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Heartbreaking for the person left without their ticket. Surely the Royal Mail must know the identity of the post person who was meant to deliver it to the recipient named on the envelope? He/she must remember who accepted the letter so needs to be interviewed by the RM supervisor and the police as someone is telling lies or covering up. Far too many stories of posties  just signing it themselves and putting it through the letter box. Thought the procedure was the red card and return it to sorting office? Seems to have got a bit lax this year.

That's how it should be, and how it is still advertised but they allowed posties to sign them during covid to reduce face to face contact, should have been stopped by now imo, these problems were bound to arise.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Completely agree....I've been to other major events where this is in place and don't see why Glastonbury isn't following suit...not to mention the paper saved on 140,000 tickets and envelopes.

Tickets could be 'activated' the day before the festival and not given a transfer option to stop touting and each mobile ticket could have the person photo on it for checks at the gate.

Anyone who wants a souvenir ticket can order one for delivery after the festival for £10.

Done.

I bought myself and two friends our stones tickets and they were all digital and the options to share were greyed out on the app to prevent touting 👍

Yeah its a sickener.

Even without digital ticketing, one is left wondering why glastonbury (or anybody) uses just seetickets at all. The fee is disgraceful, the servers aren’t up to cope with the traffic on ticket day, endless stories about people not receiving tickets…

And the fact that the festival isn’t intervening is just saddening. To me, every year the festival feels a bit more geared towards $$ and thats not what its supposed to be about

Edited by mattiloy

Personally I would just keep hammering See Tickets customer support about this.  Call them up several times a day and don't leave them alone.  Out of all of the potentially culpable parties (Royal Mail, See, The Festival) they are the only one who can do anything about the situation, and are frankly most culpable.  I would be speaking to all the different support staff, asking to talk to managers, get your friends to call up.  Just throw the kitchen sink at them!

• Upvote 1