Arriving via west direction if coming from London

nqinn

Hi all, apologies if this question is asked a lot, i've had a look on the forums and can't find anything. 

I'll be driving to Glastonbury (first time ever going and v excited) from London hopefully on the Tuesday and hope to park on the West side (orange or purple) as that's closest to where we hope to camp. Looking on maps it's not obvious to me the best way to do this, was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Thanks very much 

Quite a few options depending where in London you are leaving from. But generally M3>A303 is a good start, then it just depends on whether you want to go over or under the site. 

Have a look at this

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/240665-friends-driving-from-essex-were-getting-a-coach-from-bristol-aiming-to-camp-in-dairyphg-tips-on-routes-to-get-them-into-the-west-car-parks-maybe-via-midsomer-norton-wells-a39-to-glastonbury-and-follow-signs-from-there/

• Thanks 1

For the last 20 years we’ve stayed in Croscombe (north of the festival) and getting there via Shepton has always been traffic free. So if I were you I’d go: Shepton, Croscombe, Wells, Glastonbury, A361 -> Pilton. The other (much quicker) option is to cheekily ignore the ‘No access to festival’ sign at the junction of Shepton Old Rd/Old St and Old Wells Rd and head to wards The Crossways, and on til you hit the 361 at Steanbow. Ignore the stewards who never approach you and turn right - you’re heading to the East car parks now. 

55 minutes ago, Mackem said:

For the last 20 years we’ve stayed in Croscombe (north of the festival) and getting there via Shepton has always been traffic free. So if I were you I’d go: Shepton, Croscombe, Wells, Glastonbury, A361 -> Pilton. The other (much quicker) option is to cheekily ignore the ‘No access to festival’ sign at the junction of Shepton Old Rd/Old St and Old Wells Rd and head to wards The Crossways, and on til you hit the 361 at Steanbow. Ignore the stewards who never approach you and turn right - you’re heading to the East car parks now. 

You could "cheekily ignore" tbe signs but then you would be a bell end, much like the others bell ends who think its clever. The closures are there to allow the area to keep functioning and every time some complete knob in a too big camper gets wedged after moving a road closed sign.

Please use the fecking designated routes.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Quite a few options depending where in London you are leaving from. But generally M3>A303 is a good start, then it just depends on whether you want to go over or under the site. 

Have a look at this

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/240665-friends-driving-from-essex-were-getting-a-coach-from-bristol-aiming-to-camp-in-dairyphg-tips-on-routes-to-get-them-into-the-west-car-parks-maybe-via-midsomer-norton-wells-a39-to-glastonbury-and-follow-signs-from-there/

This is really appreciated thanks very much!

20 hours ago, pilton digger said:

You could "cheekily ignore" tbe signs but then you would be a bell end, much like the others bell ends who think its clever. The closures are there to allow the area to keep functioning and every time some complete knob in a too big camper gets wedged after moving a road closed sign.

Please use the fecking designated routes.

That’s campist that is, plenty of knobs in cars as well😁😁