Where do you visit on the way to the festival?

irnkrtn

Fleet Services son the M3 on the way there

Gordano Services on the M5 for the be cast KFC ever on way home, feeling smug with all the other dirty, tanned people with wrist bands and Glasto stickers in their car windows, knowing we have all shared a weekend we will never forget and survived

... In different directions I know, but thats the way the traffic flows from Pink 54 car park on the Monday!

Nowhere in particular on the way there, but when we drive it's become tradition to grab a pizza for dinner from the Waitrose in Salisbury on the way home.

That's normally the moment when I realise just how much I smell 😂

6 hours ago, Watergirl said:

I go to Glastonbury, the town. Hang around for a few days, get in the mood and go up the Tor. Great to see the site in the distance from up there. Sometimes I stay in Glastonbury, sometimes in the village of Street. Love it and it is part of my festival experience now. When you talk to locals they refer to the festival as 'Pilton'.

First went 37 years ago with other kids who were from Strode College in Street. Everybody simply said "are you going to Pilton this year?" and nobody would dream of using the G word... as they knew it's not in Glastonbury

3 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Any suggestions for good beers in Bristol? Will it be absolute carnage with all the festival goers?

We are campervanning this year so staying with mates that have moved to Bristol on the Monday and then heading onto site Tuesday afternoon

I stayed in Bristol on the Monday night ahead of my coach to the site on Tuesday in 2019 as I was volunteering for Shelter/Avalon, you wouldn't have known the festival was on tbh, even on the Tuesday lunchtime...bar the 150 of us who were together getting the coach!

Edited by gooner1990

2 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Monday involves a mammoth pub crawl of Glastonbury Town, dodging Merlin's and random shouty sorts,  a walk up the Tor for sunset and back in the King Alfred for lasts.. love it

I’m assuming you meant the King Arthur? Unless you of course you are particularly close to royalty. 😝

4 hours ago, al_coholic said:

If the traffic looks good then Sedgemoor for me. Otherwise Michael Wood. Gloucester is lovely but too close to home to stop on the way down.

Gloucester is definitely closer to me if you're going from Telford. Don't let logic, being sensible or time keeping stop you! I figure, one hour in is exactly the right time to feel I've started making a dent, so time for a (fancy) coffee and an extra overpriced sausage roll!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

No it won’t be too busy on Tuesday afternoon - we tend to go to some of the craft beer/cider pubs, so The Apple Cider Boat, Wild Beer Co., Zero Degrees

Done some lovely pre-Glasto Tuesday afternoons in Bristol. Big vote for the Apple Cider Bus. 

15 hours ago, moogster said:

I want to stop to get groceries on the M3/A303 route, any suggestions? Any super easy to reach craft beer shop or brewery with a shop (I once made a detour to Siren but that would be a bit too much)

No idea on craft beer places but the Solstice has a really big Co-op petrol station shop that sells loads.