Where do you visit on the way to the festival?

irnkrtn

55 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I work for YHA so get free stays so usually book for nearby for the Monday (Bath this year)  then sometimes a second night too. 

YHA regular here.  I love the hostel in Street, but when I emailed them earlier this year they said they weren't planning on opening this summer.  What a pity.... Maybe that has changed.  I have booked a B&B in Glastonbury instead now.  The Bath hostel is great.

Slightly random choice but coming down from the North we visited the National Space Museum last time.  Really interesting and not a massive detour.    

it's a six or so hour drive for us so this year booked a hotel in Bristol to get most of it done the day before.

48 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

YHA regular here.  I love the hostel in Street, but when I emailed them earlier this year they said they weren't planning on opening this summer.  What a pity.... Maybe that has changed.  I have booked a B&B in Glastonbury instead now.  The Bath hostel is great.

Not sure, but I think it's only open to sole use groups this year. Could be completely closed though. Big recruitment problems, especially in the South West. 

Never actually stayed at Street before. Had booked to do so after the 2020 festival... 

2 hours ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Head down to my mates in Bristol Tuesday afternoon - few cheeky beers and some food and then get dropped off at coach station in the morning 

Any suggestions for good beers in Bristol? Will it be absolute carnage with all the festival goers?

We are campervanning this year so staying with mates that have moved to Bristol on the Monday and then heading onto site Tuesday afternoon

Always M25/M3/A303.

Usually stop at Fleet services for a cuppa, assess the weather and talk about what awaits us on the farm.

Next stop is Solstice services on the A303, kfc, yea I know its shit but heyho, it's tradition.

Love the A303, army people, little airport, stonehenge, wild pigs, has the lot!

41 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Any suggestions for good beers in Bristol? Will it be absolute carnage with all the festival goers?

We are campervanning this year so staying with mates that have moved to Bristol on the Monday and then heading onto site Tuesday afternoon

No it won’t be too busy on Tuesday afternoon - we tend to go to some of the craft beer/cider pubs, so The Apple Cider Boat, Wild Beer Co., Zero Degrees

Monday involves a mammoth pub crawl of Glastonbury Town, dodging Merlin's and random shouty sorts,  a walk up the Tor for sunset and back in the King Alfred for lasts.. love it

Edited by Jay Pee

I'll be leaving the north west on sunday morning and staying with the eldest in Yatton for a night.

A trip to the thatchers shop in bamwell for some fresh stuff then meeting up with my festival family monday night for the last supper before heading to pylle lane in convoy to campervan east on tuesday.

This time next week i'll be sitting in a camp chair drinking cider with worthy fm on the radio in the best place on earth.

And another one for Gloucester services. Driving down from Manchester, this is the first point where I tend to see others heading in the same direction, so it’s as exciting as a visit to a service station can be.

From there, it’s onto Bristol Temple Mead to pick up two of the group, and staying local to the festival Monday night, which has become another part of the ritual. 10 of us for dinner in a Somerset pub.

2 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

This was a great find in 2019. I'll defo be trying to get our gang back there again next week.

Great beer, pizza and a lovely chilled vibe sitting along the river.

https://g.page/LHGBrewpub?share

• Like 1

Another vote for Gloucester - coming down from Cheshire so a bit early in the trip but the food is so much nicer than Michaelwood which was our previous stop off.  Especially good on the way back for some healthy food (although usually end up with a fry up anyway at least the intention is there!)