Snacks

benc

I only take very little snacks to make sure nobody gets hangry. Some sweet things vegan jellies and Werthers originals and some graze flapjacks and some graze bbq mix for salty snacks. Will have couple of packets of crisps back in the caravan as well. 

Obligatory stroopwaffel mention 

dry roasted peanuts, snickers bars, fizzy cola bottles, lollies and great big piles of fruit for me - and peach iced tea. Bloody love the stuff, could drink pints of it quite happily. 

44 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Family camping. They’ll never suspect a thing. 

Think of the children!  

Imagine them running round your tent at 6 in the morning after emptying your shaker on their shreddies. 

12 hours ago, benc said:

I need to do my food shop soon which got me thinking about what snacks to take, what are your go to snacks? 

Rice crispie squares - great for a sugar hit when you wake up and sustenance until I hit somewhere for breakfast. There is is a salted caramel flavour as well now.

salted nuts and  original Pringles - for when I get back to camp for my pre sleep feast  

Haribo maoam   for on the go sugar

Protein > Sugar! 

Pepperami & jerky, 

Cereal bars for carbs/sugar 

Ah just the thread I needed! Some very good ideas in here which I shall be exploring.

Wanted more ideas beyond the biscuits, maltloaf (soreen) and haribo I usually take. I don't take too much as prefer to eat what is on offer but a few things for the campsite are always needed - much like the boxed cider we take too.

40 minutes ago, benc said:

ooh, that has my interest.. will it be ok left out of the fridge for a few days? it's I think it would be..?

Yeah they rarely refrigerated in supermarkets. Pretty sure I’ve taken them to every G I’ve been too.