Jump to content

Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I know you're a fan of the festival but you're being extremely generous in this assumption. They are a multimillion euro business with profit motives: they're not purposefully doing some 4D chess move where they're setting a ticket price in order to... not sell those tickets. If they wanted rid of the headache of VIP, they'd get rid of VIP.

That's not what I am saying at all.

I am saying it might be unprofitable/low profit to sell a large number of VIP tickets as need to provide a large expensive grandstand.

But profitable to accommodate them in a smaller space and at a higher price point.

Essentially I'm suggesting that commercially there's a sweet spot of selling a smaller number of higher priced tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's not what I am saying at all.

I am saying it might be unprofitable/low profit to sell a large number of VIP tickets as need to provide a large expensive grandstand.

But profitable to accommodate them in a smaller space and at a higher price point.

Essentially I'm suggesting that commercially there's a sweet spot of selling a smaller number of higher priced tickets.

Thanks for clarifying, yes – that could be a potential reason for the hike, I guess we'll have to see how it pans out. I know for sure a lot of people who bought this year won't be doing the same with that grandstand. I'll be interested to see what happens but I think they'll have to confirm what's going on before these early birds go on sale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/

No one seemed to have mentioned , buy 2 early birds for 320 euros.

That's because 2 early birds cost exactly double 1 early bird!

That is special pricing for the (barely anyone, surely) people who are up for 7 days in Barcelona, followed immediately by 7 days in a sauna in the middle of nowhere to watch exactly the same bands only with less comfort.

Edited by xxialac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's because 2 early birds cost exactly double 1 early bird!

That is special pricing for the (barely anyone, surely) people who are up for 7 days in Barcelona, followed immediately by 7 days in a sauna in the middle of nowhere to watch exactly the same bands only with less comfort.

Yeah so it is , my bad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's because 2 early birds cost exactly double 1 early bird!

That is special pricing for the (barely anyone, surely) people who are up for 7 days in Barcelona, followed immediately by 7 days in a sauna in the middle of nowhere to watch exactly the same bands only with less comfort.

You're new job as PR for the Madrid leg is going great, so? 😂

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, pipan said:

"no tickets sale from the end of the early bird (next week) until lineup announcement"

Noone mentioned this before but this basically means no line-up before July 7!

The “early” lineup reveal was a COVID thing. I think most people here aren’t expecting the lineup to drop before November - January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the early bird price is totally OK and I also love the fact that the line-ups for Barcelona and Madrid will be almost identical, so that's all I need to know for now and on Friday we're buying two early bird tickets for Barcelona. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

The “early” lineup reveal was a COVID thing. I think most people here aren’t expecting the lineup to drop before November - January.

It was a joke, but this "no tickets before line-up" thing is completely new so I think the line-up will be released earlier, maybe early autumn?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

That's because 2 early birds cost exactly double 1 early bird!

That is special pricing for the (barely anyone, surely) people who are up for 7 days in Barcelona, followed immediately by 7 days in a sauna in the middle of nowhere to watch exactly the same bands only with less comfort.

Except there’d be water in a sauna. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pipan said:

It was a joke, but this "no tickets before line-up" thing is completely new so I think the line-up will be released earlier, maybe early autumn?

Oh hahaha sorry mate. I did think the same thing though. I can’t see them not selling tickets until January. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

That’s a very fair point.

And the current inflation in rate in Spain is above 10%. Why would festivals be immune from price inflation?

The question is not increasing the rates. Of course we have to understand that inflation is rising. 

But for 2020 edition, early birds were 145 €. Now, 195 € (35% of increase). Inflation from 2019 to 2022 has not increased 35%.

So, inflation is not the only reason. Do not forget that we don't know if capacity will be reduced or if we will go again with 80k a day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

The question is not increasing the rates. Of course we have to understand that inflation is rising. 

But for 2020 edition, early birds were 145 €. Now, 195 € (35% of increase). Inflation from 2019 to 2022 has not increased 35%.

So, inflation is not the only reason. Do not forget that we don't know if capacity will be reduced or if we will go again with 80k a day.

You're right and I've got this wrong.

Prices should have gone up by about 20 euros not 50 euros. 

I very much doubt that capacity will be reduced now the genie is out of the bottle. I suspect they will try and find ways to get people to go to the BITS area. 

I suppose there is at least a partial justification for the price increase if we continue to get a much enhanced Ciutat programme. e.g. in 2019 on one of the days only 2 bands played and in 2020 the price quoted included the old more basic Ciutat programme.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question to decide if VIP Ticket prices are worth it compared to regular tickets:

  • the Front Of House area in front of the P.A. (Main Stage): is that accessible for all VIP ticket holders or only for artists/primavera pro/...? On the map of this year's edition it was marked as VIP area just like the big stands in the back of the Main Stage area. Given the huge crowds the headliners drew this year and the bad spots you got when you didn't camp out in front of the main stage long before the set times, it certainly seems worth it to be able to see these big names in the Front Of House area.
  • What other advantages do VIP ticket holders get? Do they have bars in the VIP areas (seems like a convenient way to skip the queuing at the bars).

 

The price difference is 195 (regular) vs 400 (VIP) and I would only consider going VIP if these advantages are certain. Besides: I read a lot of complaints by VIPs at this year's Primavera about the downturn of the VIP treatment. A one year fluke or sign of things to remain in the future?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, anco said:

Quick question to decide if VIP Ticket prices are worth it compared to regular tickets:

  • the Front Of House area in front of the P.A. (Main Stage): is that accessible for all VIP ticket holders or only for artists/primavera pro/...? On the map of this year's edition it was marked as VIP area just like the big stands in the back of the Main Stage area. Given the huge crowds the headliners drew this year and the bad spots you got when you didn't camp out in front of the main stage long before the set times, it certainly seems worth it to be able to see these big names in the Front Of House area.
  • What other advantages do VIP ticket holders get? Do they have bars in the VIP areas (seems like a convenient way to skip the queuing at the bars).

 

The price difference is 195 (regular) vs 400 (VIP) and I would only consider going VIP if these advantages are certain. Besides: I read a lot of complaints by VIPs at this year's Primavera about the downturn of the VIP treatment. A one year fluke or sign of things to remain in the future?

Nobody knows what the VIP offering is this year. At 400 Euros I wouldn't even consider it until they bother to confirm what ticketholders are getting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gabi: But we have to study things, if the bridge can be used or not. At the moment we are open to restricting the capacity of the festival a little and doing without the beach. We have to sit down with the various authorities and think about our plans.

Damn!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't expecting solutions to all of the problems that this year presented but it would have been nice to know what kind of things they are thinking of changing to make water access better, improve movement around the site etc.

Seems like this Q&A was really just an acknowledgement of the problems so I'm somewhat optimistic they will work on improving those aspects but we won't hear for a while. They certainly won't be upping the capacity again this year (without some sort of drastic overhaul) but I wouldn't bet on them reducing it either. Gabi's responses in particular sound like he saw no crowding problems this year at all, which is a little worrying as it was fairly obviously too busy at some places.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Gabi's responses in particular sound like he saw no crowding problems this year at all, which is a little worrying as it was fairly obviously too busy at some places.

That's really not how I read it. he talks specifically about limiting the size and issues with BITS

Gabi: But we have to study things, if the bridge can be used or not. At the moment we are open to restricting the capacity of the festival a little and doing without the beach.

and also

Gabi: Our intention has always been to improve the experience for the users. For us, the beach was a good idea. It gave you some respite. Maybe it is the moment to re-think everything: the capacity, the number of stages, maybe become more like a gourmet festival.

not sure what will happen and what will they decide, but it's clear that they acknowledge the problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

side by side stage layout stays-

Gabi: The new positioning of the main stages, which has been a success, that gives us the possibility to bring big productions that we couldn’t before. It worked really well.

So we get 'bigger productions' (i.e. the stage people have more time to set up), not that I enjoyed the stage setups any more than in any previous years.

And in exchange a worse customer experience (the crowd doesn't disperse properly, worse viewing angles with the stage not being central, the ugliness of watching a band whilst the other band's roadies set up nearby as a distraction (Gorillaz W1 being the worst case)).

 

Edited by xxialac
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...