Jump to content

Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023


Recommended Posts

Still well over £1000 for tickets, flights and a hotel for two of us for just the main festival days so no way I can justify jumping in without an insane lineup like 22 had

If I lived in BCN it would be a no brainer every year probably though

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Still well over £1000 for tickets, flights and a hotel for two of us for just the main festival days so no way I can justify jumping in without an insane lineup like 22 had

If I lived in BCN it would be a no brainer every year probably though

If you book a refundable hotel now it might just be the flight that's too expensive if you wait too long but by the time the line up is revealed there's still plenty of time for booking that one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No communication on how this years issues will be solved? No info on if the vip product will be improved or if it will be the same shitty solution as this year? Not much to base a purchase decision on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, puckno said:

I have been to Primavera 11 consecutive editions. I still trust the lineup, but they have lost me on everything else.

Whilst the festival was definitely oversold, I thought the technical aspects (especially the quality of the sound) were as good as ever this year.

Edited by xxialac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, puckno said:

I have been to Primavera 11 consecutive editions. I still trust the lineup, but they have lost me on everything else.

I think Primavera suffers here from being the first big festival this year.

as summer goes on, we'll hear about the overcrowding and lack of staff from more and more festivals, we already have on Glastonbury. I guess this is the new normal now, hopefully it will be better next year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Gabi will be on RPS tomorrow to talk about this years festival and the plan for next year.

If we are lucky the price hike is to bring the volume down... Anyway, great to get some info before ticket sales open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 'price hike' of 50 euros isn't so bad when you appreciate that 2 years were missed.  That's 2 years of rising inflation, costs of materials/services that they weren't able to adjust for because they'd sold tickets at 2020 prices. 

Edited by adforperu
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, adforperu said:

The 'price hike' of 50 euros isn't so bad when you appreciate that 2 years were missed.  That's 2 years of rising inflation, costs of materials/services that they weren't able to adjust for because they'd sold tickets at 2020 prices. 

That’s a very fair point.

And the current inflation in rate in Spain is above 10%. Why would festivals be immune from price inflation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, adforperu said:

The 'price hike' of 50 euros isn't so bad when you appreciate that 2 years were missed.  That's 2 years of rising inflation, costs of materials/services that they weren't able to adjust for because they'd sold tickets at 2020 prices. 

Ticket price is up from 245 to 325 for general pass, 450 to 545 for VIP pass, in general sale. Less so for early bird. This is compared to going rate in 22 for the 22 edition.

Edited by puckno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For almost all of us though on here (I imagine) it's a 50 euro increase in 3 years. Seems fair, given rampant inflation?

The more I think about the massive VIP hike, however, the more I think it's deliberate and they want to get rid of the huge (expensive) grandstand they provided last year which was mostly empty by all accounts.

I don't like too much 'wealth segregation' at festivals, so a strategy to reduce VIPs is alright by me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I think Primavera suffers here from being the first big festival this year.

as summer goes on, we'll hear about the overcrowding and lack of staff from more and more festivals, we already have on Glastonbury. I guess this is the new normal now, hopefully it will be better next year

I have a hunch this is the case. Not everywhere but more than we would expect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xxialac said:

For almost all of us though on here (I imagine) it's a 50 euro increase in 3 years. Seems fair, given rampant inflation?

The more I think about the massive VIP hike, however, the more I think it's deliberate and they want to get rid of the huge (expensive) grandstand they provided last year which was mostly empty by all accounts.

I don't like too much 'wealth segregation' at festivals, so a strategy to reduce VIPs is alright by me.

Well, yes, I was actually pondering this myself this very moment but why not just cut it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xxialac said:

The more I think about the massive VIP hike, however, the more I think it's deliberate and they want to get rid of the huge (expensive) grandstand they provided last year which was mostly empty by all accounts.

I don't like too much 'wealth segregation' at festivals, so a strategy to reduce VIPs is alright by me.

I know you're a fan of the festival but you're being extremely generous in this assumption. They are a multimillion euro business with profit motives: they're not purposefully doing some 4D chess move where they're setting a ticket price in order to... not sell those tickets. If they wanted rid of the headache of VIP, they'd get rid of VIP.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

no tickets sale from the end of the early bird (next week) until lineup announcement

I have to say, this sounds weird

 

is this on their site or a response to a tweet?

edit: found it on the email! 😀

Edited by JIMBO666
edit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...