Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Not sure if that means much.

I mean, is there a precedent for a major headline act announcing their comeback after 7 year via a response to some random bloke on social media?

Barrow is a notorious oversharer (and arsehole) on socials so I think he'd at least hint at something or give a neutral response, particularly given they've just done an appearance, so I'd say this is as good as confirmation they won't be around next summer at least.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

The 1975 aren't gonna be at Primavera Sound I don't think. Arctic Monkeys are likely but hope they also aren't booked. Leave them for Mad Cool to have. 

I think if PS is happy to have Dua Lipa as a headliner, they won't say no to the 1975 either. 

Nothing wrong with either act IMO, just represents a change at the top. I'd say we can expect a nostalgia/oldy act, a big pop headliner, an indie band, and an up-and-comer that prompts everyone to say "ah they're not a headliner" only for them to get a huge crowd. Add in some electronic bits and it's a handy formula. 

So for me, that could very easily be Nine Inch Nails, the 1975, someone like LCD soundsystem, Vampire Weekend or Bon Iver, and maybe a Phoebe Bridgers or Mitski type, with the electronic slots filled out by the likes of Bicep, the Chemical Brothers or Moderat. 

But I won't be at all surprised if none of those acts are there either. 

The wildcard then is the mega R&B or pop act. Your Frank Ocean/Weeknd type, which could gobble up the pop slot too, or be alongside it. 

Its fun to speculate - but with the slow pivot of all festivals to include a broader style of music, including more pop and reggaeton, etc, I'm certainly finding it trickier to guess in advance! 

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

springsteen is around. admittedly maybe not quite the right demographic but maybe a consideration 

Tour kicks off in Barcelona on April 28 so I'd say it's a no go. Plus, it's all standalone shows. Not common to see a festival wedged in there. 

As fun as it would be. 

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Tour kicks off in Barcelona on April 28 so I'd say it's a no go. Plus, it's all standalone shows. Not common to see a festival wedged in there. 

As fun as it would be. 

Man… the Boss in Primavera Sound would be 🔥🔥🔥🔥

5 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

As fun as it would be. 

Agreed on the barcelona show ruling it out but he does play Werchter Classic as part of the tour so festivals are an option. We might find out fast, whole tour is as good as sold out so they won't have to keep his appearance under embargo or whatever

20 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Watch the crowd turn from 20 year olds to 50 year olds overnight. 😂

One thing I love about PS is seeing bunch of 50 years old crowds smoking weed while getting hyped and hyper excited watching their favourite performer. Can’t find those good ambience at other fest.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It certainly looks like a lock but keep in mind that we've seen several classic PS bands playing different festivals. Wilco comes to mind, St. Vincent, even Phoenix when they premiered their last record... I'm sure the band is plotting their tour around Glastonbury and Jarvis wants to play Primavera but if the shows premiere by late June I could see them playing BBK Live as happened this year with Stromae or Phoebe Bridgers.

41 minutes ago, Nesser said:

It certainly looks like a lock but keep in mind that we've seen several classic PS bands playing different festivals. Wilco comes to mind, St. Vincent, even Phoenix when they premiered their last record... I'm sure the band is plotting their tour around Glastonbury and Jarvis wants to play Primavera but if the shows premiere by late June I could see them playing BBK Live as happened this year with Stromae or Phoebe Bridgers.

Phoebe has never played Primavera I think? Not the same relationship as Jarvis and Primavera, and American acts aren't going on long tours as often as the Euro/UK ones. Also, Glasto is just two weeks after PS Madrid (three after PS Barcelona).

I'd say they are far more likely to play Primavera than Mad Cool.

Was never considering Mad Cool -and I certainly hope they won't get them since I have no plans to attend as long as I can avoid it- but BBK. This year they got Moderat, Phoebe Bridgers, Moses Sumney, Stromae, Kelly Lee Owens, Four Tet, BADBADNOTGOOD... most of them touring with new music and not apperaring at Primavera so given they also nailed a couple of reunion tours (LCD and Supergrass lol) I could see them booking Pulp if the dates align. Nevertheless, Jarvis and co should be a sure shot for Primavera next year.

Edited by Nesser

8 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Kendrick Lamar or Travis Scott/ Arcade Fire / Nine Inch Nails / Bjork / Massive Attack / Rosalia/ Pulp/ Lizzo

That’s 8 massive headliners in 3 days again haha. I don’t know why but I actually think Arcade Fire will be at Mad Cool for once. 

Edited by misterplow

2 hours ago, Nesser said:

Was never considering Mad Cool -and I certainly hope they won't get them since I have no plans to attend as long as I can avoid it- but BBK. This year they got Moderat, Phoebe Bridgers, Moses Sumney, Stromae, Kelly Lee Owens, Four Tet, BADBADNOTGOOD... most of them touring with new music and not apperaring at Primavera so given they also nailed a couple of reunion tours (LCD and Supergrass lol) I could see them booking Pulp if the dates align. Nevertheless, Jarvis and co should be a sure shot for Primavera next year.

Pulp can do both if it works out for them, not something we've never seen before, just like The Cure, Rosalia, Tame Impala, etc. as headliners, and some 2nd/3rd liners in 2022

2 hours ago, Orens said:

Pulp can do both if it works out for them, not something we've never seen before, just like The Cure, Rosalia, Tame Impala, etc. as headliners, and some 2nd/3rd liners in 2022

In 2011 they played shows from July to September almost every weekend but so scarcerly in 2012 so we'll see what strategy they choose next year. I can't see them touring for another 2 years, that's for sure.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:00 PM, Nesser said:

In 2011 they played shows from July to September almost every weekend but so scarcerly in 2012 so we'll see what strategy they choose next year. I can't see them touring for another 2 years, that's for sure.

Otherwise their signature tune won't be Common People any more, but Help the Aged.