Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

57 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Question on twitter: "When is the lineup coming out?"

Answer from their official account: "When you least expect it"

No chance we are waiting until January.

Smart money on July or September I think...

I'll least expect it on Christmas day at 4am. Bet that won't happen. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

The day before the festival 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

July 2023

2 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Not happening in July/September. They just replied on insta that there is still some time left for any lineup announcement so keep expectations low. 

I totally agree that rules out July but "still some time to go" doesn't rule out September.

The longer the wait, the less cash they have coming in and the more punters might make other plans. 

They had a great first mover success putting it out in May last time so cannot imagine them waiting until January as they used to, especially as others are now going early. Easier too as they will be booking fewer bands than this year's edition.

September seems most likely to me or maybe October. 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I totally agree that rules out July but "still some time to go" doesn't rule out September.

The longer the wait, the less cash they have coming in and the more punters might make other plans. 

They had a great first mover success putting it out in May last time so cannot imagine them waiting until January as they used to, especially as others are now going early. Easier too as they will be booking fewer bands than this year's edition.

September seems most likely to me or maybe October. 

International 2022 Primaveras need some time to shine (and sell) before Barcelona takes all the spotlight again.

27 minutes ago, Createur said:

International 2022 Primaveras need some time to shine (and sell) before Barcelona takes all the spotlight again.

Take your point but don't see much overlap between the customer bases, given they are on different continents.

They sold out in a week by releasing early last time. No need to change a commercial strategy that worked.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Take your point but don't see much overlap between the customer bases, given they are on different continents.

They sold out in a week by releasing early last time. No need to change a commercial strategy that worked.

It might come out early but the situation is different nowadays than in the 2022 poster rollout, which have had special circumstances (mostly putting refunds to the minimum and selling out early after multiple cancellations). LA's sales aren't good apparently, an early poster won't help matters, and Barcelona 2022 has suffered tons of cancellations as a result of early bookings being published, stuff they would've like to avoid. On a January poster we might have never gotten into the Massive Attack saga, mind you.

Releasing the poster is also dependent on clearance from all acts on it, let alone headliners. It's not unprecedented, they talked about publishing the 2018 poster early (Novemberish?) but actually released it later than usual (I think January 29th), as Arctic Monkeys made them wait. If, let's say, Portishead put an embargo on their name until a certain date, Primavera won't put it out in the meantime. As simple as that

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orens said:

It might come out early but the situation is different nowadays than in the 2022 poster rollout, which have had special circumstances (mostly putting refunds to the minimum and selling out early after multiple cancellations). LA's sales aren't good apparently, an early poster won't help matters, and Barcelona 2022 has suffered tons of cancellations as a result of early bookings being published, stuff they would've like to avoid. On a January poster we might have never gotten into the Massive Attack saga, mind you.

Releasing the poster is also dependent on clearance from all acts on it, let alone headliners. It's not unprecedented, they talked about publishing the 2018 poster early (Novemberish?) but actually released it later than usual (I think January 29th), as Arctic Monkeys made them wait. If, let's say, Portishead put an embargo on their name until a certain date, Primavera won't put it out in the meantime. As simple as that

Lots of good points. Maybe I'm being naive but when it comes to clearance last time they didn't have any names under embargo and they are now an even more powerful booker with slots at MAD as well as BNC and OPO now on offer.

So I think they will be able to dictate the terms.

And it seems they have all their headliners booked already.

I can't remember Christmas '19 that vividly but is it possible that they closed the sales on that period from like late November til late January when they released the line-up? I know it doesn't make any sense but that's the reason that keeps me thinking they did something like that.

Anyway we have to get Frank Ocean so we're getting the line-up November 30th just like it happened in 2016 with him on the bill.

42 minutes ago, Nesser said:

I can't remember Christmas '19 that vividly but is it possible that they closed the sales on that period from like late November til late January when they released the line-up? I know it doesn't make any sense but that's the reason that keeps me thinking they did something like that.

Anyway we have to get Frank Ocean so we're getting the line-up November 30th just like it happened in 2016 with him on the bill.

More and less. I checked my email, and I have this (e-mail sent by Primavera on 03/01/2020):

It's coming!

7 de enero, 23:59: última oportunidad para comprar tu abono por 180 €.

8 de enero, 00:00: detenemos la venta.

?? de ???????ro desde las ??:??: los abonos volverán a estar disponibles al precio de 195 € tras el anuncio del cartel.

Lineup was released on the 16/01. So, they never closed sales more than 8 days (at least, that I remember).

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

Lots of good points. Maybe I'm being naive but when it comes to clearance last time they didn't have any names under embargo and they are now an even more powerful booker with slots at MAD as well as BNC and OPO now on offer.

So I think they will be able to dictate the terms.

And it seems they have all their headliners booked already.

There wasn't much of an embargo with all the rescheduling from previous years (the reunions/surprises were originally booked for 2020), and there was no need to interfere with current tours, as everything was being pushed forward in the schedule. Even before releasing the poster, they mentioned they were able to retain most 2020 acts, so there wasn't much of a build-up for drama. IMO it was more about putting refunds to the minimum and getting the ticket money early after all those canceled editions, totally reasonable considering the circumstances.

Surely they will try to release it in 2022 and sell out both Madrid and Barna editions ASAP, I just think we shouldn't expect anything before November-December because that's the way this thing usually works for them

1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

Alvvays with new album in October. A must for next year!

Also, end of early birds today at 12:00. Maybe some news today?

If I’m not mistaken both of Sigur Ros and PJ Harvey will release new record  in the end of 2022- early 2023. Pretty strong candidate for PS 2023 I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Bram said:

If I’m not mistaken both of Sigur Ros and PJ Harvey will release new record  in the end of 2022- early 2023. Pretty strong candidate for PS 2023 I suppose.

So headliners mentioned so far as potential returns are Portishead, Nine Inch Nails, Rosalia, Sigur Ros, PJ Harvey, Travis Scott (first time, but playing the South Americas) and Arctic Monkeys (a new album and already playing August festivals this year). Did I miss anything?

36 minutes ago, Orens said:

So headliners mentioned so far as potential returns are Portishead, Nine Inch Nails, Rosalia, Sigur Ros, PJ Harvey, Travis Scott (first time, but playing the South Americas) and Arctic Monkeys (a new album and already playing August festivals this year). Did I miss anything?

Arcade Fire and Bjork (also playing SA)

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Arcade Fire and Bjork (also playing SA)

Unfortunately, I think half of those artist will perform at Madcool. But, the good thing is this year Madcool performers will be able to play at PS 2023 (Halo Phoebe Bridgers, St Vincent, Wolf Alice, Modest Mouse, Haim & War on Drugs)

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Not seen anyone mention Christine & The Queens, new album in the autumn. Could see her doing a 1am slot on one of the main stages after eg Arcade Fire or Portishead.

More of a Cupra/Crypto stage, I think. She's played 21:00ish on Primavera back in 2019

3 minutes ago, Bram said:

With Miley back in 2019 and Dua Lipa this year, pretty sure that Gabi will bring one of the Major Pop artist as a headliner next year. Harry Styles or Taylor Swift maybe? or the Weeknd?.. or…………Beyonce?

They'd definitely try to nab Taylor

2 hours ago, Orens said:

1 hour ago, Orens said:

They'd definitely try to nab Taylor

Lizzo probably!

After the water-situation, the crowd management (compared to other big festivals) and the new VIP zone, I have not bought an earlybird ticket for the first time. Maybe others are in the same boat. And the new place in Madrid must be advertised, so people go there and not to Tomavistas, MadCool etc. I can imagine they release the Line Up for 2023 early.