Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

16 minutes ago, pipan said:

Glad to hear you're going again. 

We bought ours as well, it was a no-brainer. So it will be our 5th Primavera next year (I count this year's double edition as one).

Yeah we have been back and forth a lot but it’s looking like this will definitely be the last one for me (been a good stretch since ‘09). Going as my stag do so that’s what has swung it along with the fact that most of the issues from W1 were a lot more smoothed out by W2. Hoping for another good lineup and a little less chaotic organisation.

23 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Another double weekender booked - pray for my body!

Very intrigued to see how Madrid ends up selling. Hope you have a blast (two weekends in Barcelona almost killed me, can’t imagine doing one in Madrid!)

Tickets bought! Even through all the issues of W1 this year we still had a brilliant time. Not sure how much of that was to do with Barcelona instead of the festival but who cares. 

So 195 euros now but then it’ll be 325 once the full final lineup is out? Surely there’s going to have to be some huge names to justify people paying such a jump in price? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Tickets bought! Even through all the issues of W1 this year we still had a brilliant time. Not sure how much of that was to do with Barcelona instead of the festival but who cares. 

So 195 euros now but then it’ll be 325 once the full final lineup is out? Surely there’s going to have to be some huge names to justify people paying such a jump in price? 

Especially for the locals.

2 minutes ago, broccoli said:

Ticket bought..stupidly closed the page after it said order confirmed and spat out an order number now left with no email and the fest ticket app says i have no tickets. Never change, Primavera

Isn't that like blaming a taxi driver for the Uber app not working?  

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Isn't that like blaming a taxi driver for the Uber app not working?  

Uhhhh..no? Its like blaming primavera for making me use access ticket to then use Festicket and/or dice. They’re saying on twitter its fest ticket  for instalments and dice for full..i did full and it went through fest tickets

19 minutes ago, broccoli said:

Uhhhh..no? Its like blaming primavera for making me use access ticket to then use Festicket and/or dice. They’re saying on twitter its fest ticket  for instalments and dice for full..i did full and it went through fest tickets

It's literally UK based Festicket's sole job be a ticket processing agent so do think they deserve all the barbs here and they should be the ones to fix the issue.

29 minutes ago, blurfan said:

Not sure if I end up going but I did. Didn't want to pay $545 if I waited for a lineup 

The 15€ booking fee per ticket isn’t make it much more easier. Especially when you don’t know how the vip area will look like next year. 

Went to Primavera 2022 for my first time ever and despite some problems on D1 it has been an amazing experience. 
However, I currently don't have a lot of money since I've spent quite a lot this year on gigs (I've many of them planned later this year in the UK too) and spending 210 euro for a ticket without knowing at all about the lineup isn't something I'd really like to do.

I think I might be able to sell them later this year on Dice if I don't feel like going next year? The biggest issue for me is that I can't predict people's behaviour in reaction to this kind of prices, I can't risk to waste a few hundred euro on a ticket at the moment

1 hour ago, Amagica said:

Went to Primavera 2022 for my first time ever and despite some problems on D1 it has been an amazing experience. 
However, I currently don't have a lot of money since I've spent quite a lot this year on gigs (I've many of them planned later this year in the UK too) and spending 210 euro for a ticket without knowing at all about the lineup isn't something I'd really like to do.

I think I might be able to sell them later this year on Dice if I don't feel like going next year? The biggest issue for me is that I can't predict people's behaviour in reaction to this kind of prices, I can't risk to waste a few hundred euro on a ticket at the moment

If you make up your mind early enough, you'll definitely be able to sell your ticket right after they post the line up. You'll probably make some money on it if you ask like 250€. And I'm not sure but if Primavera goes up, pretty sure lots of other festivals will do the same thing (wouldn't be surprised if they'd even talked to others just to have an idea). 

4 hours ago, sinivali said:

For me the Accessticket app sends me to Dice, but Dice doesn't show Primavera tickets to me for some reason 

I had this same problem, but when I clicked on the installment option, it took me to Festicket where you also have the option in paying in full. So that's how I ended up ordering an early bird.

Also on board again. Got my tickets with the refund protection. Later I realized reading on reddit that it probably doesn't cover anything but serious, demonstrable illness or similar. Can you confirm?
I don't get how the double stage means bigger productions. I didn't notice bigger stage design or better sound this year than in  2018, for example.  If they keep this absurdity for next year they at least NEED to eliminate the vip area in the middle. 

My bet is on Travis Scott/Portishead/NIN/Bjork. I don't really know how likely acts that are already touring extensively this autumn (dates in Barcelona included) are to be booked (Rosalia, Arcade Fire). I'd say that they are out, aren't they? Kendrick is out imo. We need another big easier name (like Tame Impala or Dua Lipa).  

As a side note: Unsound festival in poland has announced a very interesting first wave of electronic/avant-garde names + caroline polachek as a kind of headliner. It usually shares quite a lot of acts with PS across the weird -bottom-line but amazing- spectrum. An example from 2022 was the caretaker.