Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

Yeah, the bridge needs to be made available to everyone again. Was more time consuming than I'd imagined it would be going to the Bits area via the long route. Would definitely spread people across the site better.

Also a shame to see they'll be sticking with the side by side stages.  Worked better when the stages were facing and definitely don't agree it was safer. It was far worse in the respect with people piling into and out of the same area.  Also, they may have had less people disturbing other people watching bands they liked if they'd made the gap between sets longer if they're sticking with side by side. Too many people wandering in just waiting for the next act and not giving a shit about those watching the current act that's on.

Other than that: I actually saw more acknowledgements than I thought I would from them. If I were a VIP regular I'd like to have seen more info on what the package will entail (and this shows they'll always have this: 'we'll wing it along the way attitude') but as I've never been one, I can only hope less people will take one and it makes it easier for everyone. 

Must say I'm fucking tempted to buy a presale ticket...

• Upvote 1

It is impossible to trust any words and assurances from the festival regarding safety (as for so much of the other communication). This festival is just each to their own - to try stay out of the most squeezed areas during heavily visited shows and hope for the best. 

Really curious to hear reviews on how Madcool and BBK perform this year. Battle between PS and these two festivals on Artist lineup will be crazy next year with artist like NIN, Kendrick, Arcade Fire, Arctic, The Shins (perform oh inverted world in full), My Morning Jacket, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Sigur Ros, Perfume Genius, Travis Scott, SZA, Taylor Swift etc etc are seems on the table to perform next year. And somehow I believe (and hope) that all issues relate to overcrowded and cancellation due to COVID will resolve next year. 

When they talk about giving up the beach they mean the Sant Adria area, not the Bits line-up. Electronic artists stay, anything beyond the bridge goes away.

Btw first post since the festival. Hope W1 folks had a good time despite that Thursday. Nothing to say about W2 tho, just let us have 8k people less and it'll be perfect.

Edited by Nesser

Double main stage set ups work great for me. Festivals with a single main stage end up feeling like you spent half of the day waiting for an act to start. Especially if you want to see a fews acts in a row.

For the first time, PS felt like I spent most time actually watching a band playing rather than waiting.

9 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Had a quick look at the timetable for Mad Cool. I hope everyone going there has fun, but man I'd struggle to fill out a single day. 

Another step closer to an early bird PS2023 ticket. 😅

As well as the far fewer fewer stages, the concerts only run from 6pm-3am vs 4.30pm-6am at PS.

Finishing at 3am in Spain is pretty insulting!

Bilbao BBK, Beni and others also go on until dawn.

1 hour ago, Nesser said:

When they talk about giving up the beach they mean the Sant Adria area, not the Bits line-up. Electronic artists stay, anything beyond the bridge goes away.

Btw first post since the festival. Hope W1 folks had a good time despite that Thursday. Nothing to say about W2 tho, just let us have 8k people less and it'll be perfect.

I assumed this too, given their complaints about obtaining permission from Sant Adria council. 

10 hours ago, BenG92 said:

En route to Rock Werchter and there were literally 3x as many free water taps while waiting for the shuttle to the grounds than there were at Primavera itself 🤣

Yeh were great during the heat wave in 18 or 19. Let bottles and suncream in, had water sprays (don't know technical term) at entrance and arena, easy to access water. 

The price increases are totally crazy, especially the VIP. Given how much of a rip-off they were this year, I honestly don't know how they expect this year's VIP ticket holders to upgrade. It feels like a fuck-off price now.

We'll still go next year, but the regular ticket.

6 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Tickets are up for earlybirds if you go through the app. Just got mine.

Glad to hear you're going again. 

We bought ours as well, it was a no-brainer. So it will be our 5th Primavera next year (I count this year's double edition as one).