Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

8 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Early bird prices: https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona

Tickets on sale 1/7.

So the Ciutat is back to how it used to be (Mon-Wed), remains to be seen if multiple venues used and higher profile acts as with this year.

Very surprising is the same price for BCN and MAD. 

Wonder if per my earlier strategy, BCN will sell out immediately so that people will then opt for Madrid (as the BCN next tier pricing will make it seem expensive).

Edited by xxialac

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So the Ciutat is back to how it used to be (Mon-Wed), remains to be seen if multiple venues used and higher profile acts as with this year.

Very surprising is the same price for BCN and MAD. 

Wonder if per my earlier strategy, BCN will sell out immediately so that people will then opt for Madrid (as the BCN next tier pricing will make it seem expensive).

So two takeaways.

- I was wrong about guess that could sell out immediately. We have 48 hours so can relax on Friday.

- We are getting the lineup before January. I can't see them wanting to wait until then for a second cash boost. 

The no early birds until the release date is a FOMO play.

• Like 1

Can annoying confirm if “Primavera Pro” ticket holders were able to use the bridge to Bits this year (I know Pro had access to Soho House) or was it strictly only VIP could use the bridge? Almost tempted to go for Pro Basic if it means shortening the walk

What surprises me the most is the fact that they have tickets giving access to both w-e, which makes me think that the lineups will diverge quite a bit with for sure some repeats; kinda like this year except you now also need to travel from Barcelona to Madrid.

2 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

so early bird VIP has moved from 250 to 400. Don't think i'll be going to Primavera next year. Just hope Mad Cool doesn't have a dramatic rise either. 

Regular prices seem to go up by 50€ (although that was the 2019 price) early bird and 80€ general, which is pretty hefty. If they'd told us it would be a price rise but that capacity would be limited again back to 2019 and the rise was the cost for that, I'd probably be convinced to go for it. Well, apart from the fact that I'm considering a career switch to become a teacher and getting a week off is hard enough as it is in schools, I guess it won't be easier in your first year there... Truth be told: one of the things holding me back from chosing this career path would be not being able to take time off for something like Primavera, ha!

3 minutes ago, janqv16 said:

Can annoying confirm if “Primavera Pro” ticket holders were able to use the bridge to Bits this year (I know Pro had access to Soho House) or was it strictly only VIP could use the bridge? Almost tempted to go for Pro Basic if it means shortening the walk

Pro and Press could use it too, yes.

• Thanks 1

Early bird at £169 is superb value. And with the huge difference in prices in the tiers, you could presumably sell them with some ease later on if you can't go.

Imagine only 1% of people will go to Barcelona and Madrid. Especially now knowing how shattering a double weekend is (and how poor the Madrid proposition is).

7 minutes ago, polnico said:

What surprises me the most is the fact that they have tickets giving access to both w-e, which makes me think that the lineups will diverge quite a bit with for sure some repeats; kinda like this year except you now also need to travel from Barcelona to Madrid.

They have confirmed on IG that it will be very similar lineups.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

What did full festival tickets (non-vip) cost this time? €325 seems like a much higher price than I'd expected. 

Early bird are a good price if you have faith in them to deliver on the line up, but I told myself I wouldn't go before I saw a poster... 

I checked: 245€ (Werchter: 266 / Pukkelpop: 245 / Best Kept Secret (smaller): 215 / Mad Cool 185 (lot smaller) ...) 

1 minute ago, Rhak said:

I checked: 245€ (Werchter: 266 / Pukkelpop: 245 / Best Kept Secret (smaller): 215 / Mad Cool 185 (lot smaller) ...) 

Meaning that if Primavera leads the way, we're in for huge rises everywhere. Wonder how people are going to keep up if we're still stuck in post covid/Ukrain war times...

12 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Meaning that if Primavera leads the way, we're in for huge rises everywhere. Wonder how people are going to keep up if we're still stuck in post covid/Ukrain war times...

Yup.. the global economic inflation and recession will surely impact people and their traveling plan next year, which include festival ticket purchase.  

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Surely the one thing we do know is the calibre of the lineup. 

They've been consistent in all the years I have attended (since 2010).

When was the last 'bad lineup'?

No arguments about the quality. I'm a huge fan of the festival and wouldn't hesitate to come back, but have a few others bits I wanted to do next year. 

I knew I'd pay extra to wait and see who is playing so I could decide whether PS2023 is a must-visit for me, but I didn't quite think it would be this much overall. 

I've some budgeting to do, I think. 

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

No arguments about the quality. I'm a huge fan of the festival and wouldn't hesitate to come back, but have a few others bits I wanted to do next year. 

I knew I'd pay extra to wait and see who is playing so I could decide whether PS2023 is a must-visit for me, but I didn't quite think it would be this much overall. 

I've some budgeting to do, I think. 

You've got 12 months to find a friend based in Barcelona who can put you up for free ; )