Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

The Mars Volta?

One part of me would say yes but I have yet to see atdi post  break up, so both would actually be great fun (but they seem to want to keep those tour cycles seperated). 

3 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

LCD Soundsystem?

Unless they take the 'city take over' concept to Europe, I'd reckon this is a good guess (unless of course Sonar/Mad Cool books them first)

Can see Joji getting a pretty high spot, not headline tho. Think he might be a future headliner, if he is good live too. He played third down at Coachella this year like Meghan Thee Stallion and his new single is getting impressive streaming numbers.

6 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Can see Joji getting a pretty high spot, not headline tho. Think he might be a future headliner, if he is good live too. He played third down at Coachella this year like Meghan Thee Stallion and his new single is getting impressive streaming numbers.

Meghan is also prioritized as an effort to book more female headliners as The New Normal, so can't really compare those two

36 minutes ago, Orens said:

Meghan is also prioritized as an effort to book more female headliners as The New Normal, so can't really compare those two

Yeah I agree. That's why I don't see him as a headliner right now, but maybe in the future. Especially if his new album will be as big as his new single is after only a few days and Primavera keeps the 3-5 headliners a day thing.

5 hours ago, MrTobs said:

Joji is not even headlining at Japanese festivals this Summer, I can't understand why he should be at an high spot at major Europeans next year 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 6/19/2022 at 5:33 AM, ConfidenceMan said:

Oh my god yes. 

Any chance? 

Watch At the Drive In back in 2016. Sadly, Cedric’s voice is way off compare to his prime day.

My Morning Jacket still one of my bucket lists. Excellent live band, would be good for 2 hours plus Auditori or Binance set. But somehow, that band only play in US festival. 

Sault also one of the artists that I’m looking forward to see. Their records always excellent, and all those mysterious persona definitely add their selling point. 

16 hours ago, MrTobs said:

I like Joji but he's not even close to that popular and I'm pretty sure he's never even played live in Spain. 

30 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I like Joji but he's not even close to that popular and I'm pretty sure he's never even played live in Spain. 

Yeah he hasn't played often in europe in general, so it's hard to predict. And as I said he is by no means a headliner yet, but his new album is set to be huge and he is getting big slots in the US (third down at one of the biggest festivals in the world (Coachella)) and he is for sure as popular as fka twigs or Brockhampton, who were 4th/5th down on the 2021 poster. So 4th down wouldn't look strange to me and is quite a big slot in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Yeah he hasn't played often in europe in general, so it's hard to predict. And as I said he is by no means a headliner yet, but his new album is set to be huge and he is getting big slots in the US (third down at one of the biggest festivals in the world (Coachella)) and he is for sure as popular as fka twigs or Brockhampton, who were 4th/5th down on the 2021 poster. So 4th down wouldn't look strange to me and is quite a big slot in my opinion.

No way is Joji as popular in Europe as FKA Twigs. I’ve never even heard of him.

Accept of course he could be by this time next year…

59 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No way is Joji as popular in Europe as FKA Twigs. I’ve never even heard of him.

Accept of course he could be by this time next year…

Yeah, maybe I was too definitve in my comments that he would have a high spot, it just wouldn't surprise me at all. His new single was released like two weeks ago and already has more streams than any song FKA twigs has ever released by herself I think. And if you combine YouTube and Spotify-numbers Slow Dancing in the Dark has way over a billion streams. I know streaming stats are not everything, but that's really impressive. And I also think he's pretty good, he has the quality to play Primavera in my opinion.

About FKA twigs, I hope she will be there in 2023, I still listen to Caprisongs a lot and was a bit sad that she didn't roll over from the 2021 to the 2022-line-up, would love to see her live.

Edited by MrTobs

You have to be pretty mental (or just live in the area) to choose Madrid over BCN next year. It will be the same lineup in a whole new place. It will be a lots of problems the first year and the area looks like it’s in nobody land. Do you have to camp?!

I wouldnt mind exploring Madrid and visit the art museums, especially considering I have been to Barcelona about 12 times and only one short visit to Madrid. But with the festival being located 40 km out into the desert in the middle of the Summer it seems less appealing. Also the Barcelona edition being held in one of the most beautiful festival venues does not help the Madrid campaign. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

I wouldnt mind exploring Madrid and visit the art museums, especially considering I have been to Barcelona about 12 times and only one short visit to Madrid. But with the festival being located 40 km out into the desert in the middle of the Summer it seems less appealing. Also the Barcelona edition being held in one of the most beautiful festival venues does not help the Madrid campaign. 

Is it really 40km? Wow.

I mean ok, they can perhaps provide ample shuttles to and from the city but they'd have to have like at least 3 different directions as Madrid itself is pretty huge too meaning you spend a lot of time on that shuttle but back to your hotel as well...

To be honest, I only see this work if they do it like this year: 2 seperate weekends with an overlap in some headliners but mostly different lineups. Only then internationals would be tempted to chose Madrid. Or maybe they're looking to divert the Spanish public (non BCN locals) towards Madrid and focus on internationals in BCN. Still, the challenges for Madrid remain. 

1 hour ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

The PS Madrid location farther to city than Madcool? Only went to Madrid in 2014, and really unfamiliar with the city.