Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

9 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Do we think they will drop the whole lineup again in June similar to when they did in 2020 or will they wait a bit longer?

Doesn't make sense. Last two years they did it in a way of shifting sales and make people to keep their tickets (instrad of asking for a refund). 

Announcing all the lineup now would cause some problems, like dealing with some dropouts along the way, people complaining about this or that band not being replaced, etc. etc. December/January makes more sense.

That doesn't mean that they can't announce one or two bands (maybe a comeback or something), usually some older ones (they want to have a younger audience, but it is with older people that they count to have some pocket money). Neutral Milk Hotel, Pavement, Ride, etc. are just a few examples. These names are for 30s/40s people, not for 20s (that doesn't mean that people of that age will not see them).

On 6/14/2022 at 12:30 PM, Guy Incognito said:

Wishlist: 

Moor Mother

Armand Hammer

Aphex Twin

Tirzah

L'Rain

Tim Hecker (Auditori) 

Stars of the Lid (Auditori)

Portishead

Fleet Foxes

Actress

Animal Collective

Amen Dunes

Juana Molina

Chris Corsano and Bill Orcutt

Okkyung Lee

FKA Twigs

Shintaro Sakamoto 

Beverley Glenn Copeland

Navy Blue

Tomaga

Wishlist: 

Arcade Fire, Rosalía, Portishead, Massive Attack, The XX, Nine Inch Nails, Frank Ocean (to be replaced by Asap Rocky in the end), Björk, Lizzo

——

Fugazi, The Postal Service, Bright Eyes, C. Tangana, FKA Twigs, Flume, Moderat, The Flaming Lips, Wolf Alice, James Blake, Sevdaliza, FKA Twigs, Perfume Genius, Nilüfer Yanya, Soap&Skin, DJ Koze, Kehlani

55 minutes ago, brosch said:

Wishlist: 

Arcade Fire, Rosalía, Portishead, Massive Attack, The XX, Nine Inch Nails, Frank Ocean (to be replaced by Asap Rocky in the end), Björk, Lizzo

——

Fugazi, The Postal Service, Bright Eyes, C. Tangana, FKA Twigs, Flume, Moderat, The Flaming Lips, Wolf Alice, James Blake, Sevdaliza, FKA Twigs, Perfume Genius, Nilüfer Yanya, Soap&Skin, DJ Koze, Kehlani

Id love this. Clash Central all over. Sign me up. 😂

I love how embedded in the festival the dropouts and replacements are that even our dream line ups have to include one! 

Every time I try to put together a wishlist, I find it is basically just the 2019 line up, with a few additions. I'd love to see David Byrne, maybe Anderson Paak and Pusha T. 

A few repeats from this year, as unlikely as they might be - Fred Again was great and I'd say the crowd would be twice as big; and Phoenix, but only because I was only weekend 1 so didn't get to see them. 

And then swinging for the fences dream stuff - Sufjan Stevens on Cupra and in the Auditori for multiple shows, and Sault, though I don't think those guys perform live at all, do they? 

Id be quite happy to skip Mordor almost entirely so I'm not too bothered about the top line acts, though I wouldn't say no to Vampire Weekend or Nine Inch Nails or something, but they won't be deal breakers for me next time. 

19 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

And then swinging for the fences dream stuff - Sufjan Stevens on Cupra and in the Auditori for multiple shows

I still get goosebumps watching this and thinking back to the performance. 11 years though. Jesus Christ.

Edited by xxialac

Travis scott should also be likely as a headliner that draws youngsters. 

Portishead, nine inch nails and arctic monkeys should be safe bets imo.

Mitski pushed as a female headliner seems solid as well. 

Edited by neacaisa

6 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Travis scott should also be likely as a headliner that draws youngsters. 

Portishead, nine inch nails and arctic monkeys should be safe bets imo.

Mitski pushed as a female headliner seems solid as well. 

Really amazed at how Mitski has become headliner material but I guess I missed something. 

14 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Really amazed at how Mitski has become headliner material but I guess I missed something. 

Her song Nobody suddenly blew up on Tiktok and her fans changed overnight from sad middle aged men like myself to a huge number of (literally) screaming teenage girls.

• Like 1

Mitski has gotten a lot bigger but is she headline level? On her current tour in Europe, she's still playing smaller venues than the other acts people are pitching. Though maybe the tour was just booked before she blew up? 

I'm a big fan, I just hoped I'd get one last chance to see her on Cupra or something before she's main stage material! 

Ok, I'll pluck a wishlist out of thin air, why not 😄

NIN, Portishead, Pharrell Williams, Kdot, Frank Ocean, Grimes, Doja Cat, FKA Twigs, Denzel Curry, Max Cooper, David Byrne, Flume, Empress Of, Jockstrap, Alex G, Paramore

Out of the thinnest, thinnest, air..
Ariana Grande
Taylor Swift

Even thinner air..
Kate Bush
Tom Waits
XTC
Burial

Edited by adforperu

20 minutes ago, livenstu said:

I mean we did have Brian Wilson in 2016 - is it too much to ask for Stevie Wonder???

Sod it. Put McCartney on. 

He was meant to play Rock Werchter (so isn't against European festivals) and Barcelona (but didn't) last year.

How could it not appeal to the ego of Gabi to have managed to book the Beatle(s) in his lifetime? 

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, adequate8 said:

So no double weekend next year?

Thankfully no. Don't think I could do that again. Unsure If I will return next year since it's such a hike from The States, but I went ahead and reserved some hotels just in case.