Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

26 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

No way these lads aren't going to do a massive festival run next year. With their comeback/new album and all. 

Kendrick Lamar / Arcade Fire / Nine Inch Nails / Bjork / Massive Attack / Rosalia / Sigur Ros / Portishead

We need one more for the ultimate dream (wishful thinking) festival lineup, any takers? 

This is the first year I'm not going to jump on buying tickets, and it's a real shame.

I need the organisers to acknowledge the problems there were this year (not just the bars on the first night) as well as commenting on the capacity issues – what are they doing to make next year's better and more efficient if they're still selling that same capacity? So much of the shite this year was purely down to the site and their logistical planning not being able to handle that amount of people, and unless they're actually going to actively fix that then I don't have confidence in the festival anymore.

It's really important to hold big businesses to account for stuff like this, and regardless of the enjoyable festivals I've had in the past I can't really justify dropping £700+ on a weekend not knowing if there'll be more "teething problems" next year or decisions where they've changed something for the worse.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Kendrick Lamar / Arcade Fire / Nine Inch Nails / Bjork / Massive Attack / Rosalia / Sigur Ros / Portishead

We need one more for the ultimate dream (wishful thinking) festival lineup, any takers? 

Arctic Monkeys makes sense. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

20 years Postal Service 'Give Up' anniversary? They had Pavement reuniting after 10 years and then again after 20. So why not the same with The Postal Service?

12 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

from reddit: 

This will be a complete disaster. They celebrated Rock In Rio in 2012…a shambles. The nearest hotel is 8kms…There is a metro at 8kms in Arganda del Rey…they will obviously put on shuttles…Omg, my head hurts just thinking about getting to and from the festival. This is just not the site to put on a festival for 60/80,000 people. Primavera Sound is turning into “corporation mode” where numbers are more important than people. I imagine they will have 2 or 3 great headliners and hope that people who live in Madrid will attend. And this just 4 weeks before Mad Cool…with the financial climate getting worse people just won’t be able to fork out for 500 euros in one month, then the cost of beer! PS should have just concentrated on keeping PS Barcelona great instead of all this corporate expansion. PS Los Angeles is far from sold out and have you seen the ticket prices? I will get my early bird for PS Barcelona, but no way would I go to PS Madrid and I live just 3 hours from Madrid…no way.

- I think primavera isn't going totally corporate per se: it's their way of saving themselves in the current climate. If you take a look at the current festival scene you'll notice that most festivals are at least partly owned by music industry players, usually concert promotors(Werchter, Pukkelpop are all at least partly owned by livenation/ticketmaster for example, BKS is Friendly Fire who have 2 other smaller festivals and Pinkpop/Lowlands/Down the rabbit hole are all Mojo, hollands biggest concert promotor, in Germany: Southside/Hurricane part of a huge promotor). So if you want to survive you either become a huge promotor yourself or you go into more festivals: it's the only way to have weight in the industry and be able to talk/convince big names (multiple festivals offerings are an 'easy' way for bands to be booked)

- Gabi said they'll make it work in Madrid but if you look at the mess in BCN which is even IN a city, i wonder if you can believe them. It's feasible, eg at Werchter: there's like hundreds of busses driving to a train station & back on and on (and it takes you almost an hour, so doing the daily commute is not fun, which is why most people prefer staying at the camping) but it's pretty smoothly organised and there's still 1000s who come by car anyways. But like people said, competing with Mad Cool, they're not going to convince that many locals. Is there any news on whether they'll set up camping? But even then: it's hitting 38-40°C today over in Madrid, that's excruciating. A reason in itself why I wouldn't go there, at least you're by the water in BCN. 

They'll sell tickets to Primavera Madrid as the lineup is something different to Mad Cool, Madrid is a massive catchment area and local people will sign up to it primarily based on lineup and then realise it's massively flawed after they get there, which will hurt 2024 sales.

It's in every way (other than the bill, presumably) a weaker version of Primavera Barcelona. They should call it Primavera Mad as that's what any tourist would have to be to favour it.

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Wishlist: 

Moor Mother

Armand Hammer

Aphex Twin

Tirzah

L'Rain

Tim Hecker (Auditori) 

Stars of the Lid (Auditori)

Portishead

Fleet Foxes

Actress

Animal Collective

Amen Dunes

Juana Molina

Chris Corsano and Bill Orcutt

Okkyung Lee

FKA Twigs

Shintaro Sakamoto 

Beverley Glenn Copeland

Navy Blue

Tomaga

One half of Tomaga died a couple of years ago so they won't be doing anything.

Hope they can book Forest Swords next year, a new album is coming and he'll be either on this or Sonar.

Young Fathers should be around again too.

I finally started to catch up on some of the recent new music I couldn't listen to before Primavera (all my listening capacities were dedicated to PS artists) and the new Belle & Sebastian album is absolutely brilliant. I hope they're back next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Probably not part of the dream lineup but I expect that Mitski or Angel Olsen will be one of the headlines at the festival. Several this year Mad Cool performers might also booked by PS, most likely Animal Collective or Phoebe Bridgers (can be headline slot), Modest Mouse.

My dream set in PS 2023: Wilco perform Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in its entirity at Auditori .. Amen

• Like 1

These lineups are to my taste but don't reflect the reality of where Primavera is starting to head.

Dua Lipa was a success so will be acts who have come through in younger people's lifetime next time.

Think Harry Styles, Olivia Rodrigo and Billy Eilish.

Still will have brilliant, uncommercial undercards.

29 minutes ago, Bram said:

My dream set in PS 2023: Wilco perform Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in its entirity at Auditori .. Amen

Yes please!

Any chance of the following?:

Broken Social Scene

Sunny Day Real Estate

The Fugees

• Upvote 2

Aren't we forgetting Lana Del rey as huge contender here? She was booked for 2020 and didn't do any festival this year. So would think she will be available next summer. Think she can fit with the Dua Lipa / Lorde type of booking we're still missing in the list. 

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You’re all forgetting Quimera who will be playing inside the new Primavera ByteDance metaverse, sponsored by their interplanetary corporate partner SpaceX. Make sure you uptag your NFT e-band.

You missed out on the insta post: he dead. 

Anyways: a festival favourite just announced their return with a cock sparrer cover ('We're coming back') nonethless. Bets are on Titus Andronicus will be playing. Fond memories of the first time we saw them at Primavera 2013. Crazy show

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Do we think they will drop the whole lineup again in June similar to when they did in 2020 or will they wait a bit longer?

The only times it was dropped that early was the times it was postponed and most of the lineup just carried on from previous year.

If all goes well with covid, expect it around January, maye December if we're lucky

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Do we think they will drop the whole lineup again in June similar to when they did in 2020 or will they wait a bit longer?

Nah, pretty sure they will drop the line-up in December or January, just like every year before the pandemic

1 hour ago, Rhak said:

Anyways: a festival favourite just announced their return with a cock sparrer cover ('We're coming back') nonethless. Bets are on Titus Andronicus will be playing. Fond memories of the first time we saw them at Primavera 2013. Crazy show

Hope so. Love that song! Fucked Up too if they're about as well. 

Edited by Chinaski_