Big Jeff injured

zahidf

Made the NME https://www.nme.com/news/music/music-superfan-big-jeff-seriously-injured-in-fire-3246576 not that its quite as big these days but good work for a fan. Have come across him in Bristol a few times, last was at Dot to Dot last year where me and Big Jeff were queuing for the Thekla and everyone including me wanted him to get in to see the band we were all missing over us!

Jeff will likely be in hospital for many months, and is currently unconscious receiving skin grafts and other procedures 😞

Keep him and his loved ones in your thoughts over the festival, and embody his love for the music at every set you go to 🤘

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/family-music-fan-big-jeff-7228906

• Upvote 1

Big Jeff is such a kind and friendly man. Has done more for the Bristol music scene than many.

I distinctly remember him joining in a tipsy debate between my flatmate and I back at university ahead of Glasto about who was better: The Boss or Neil Young. He agreed with me (Neil Young).

Hope the recovery is quick.

• Like 1

I quite often go to gigs straight from work so am often one of the only people at the venue. As you can imagine, Jeff is always there early and we have a chat. 

His knowledge on music is absolutely incredible and he often watches more than one gig in a day. 
I’ve known him watch a live early session in somewhere like Rough Trade then watch the support band in one venue and the headliner in another haha.

Fair play to him, he’s a top bloke and is absolutely obsessed with music.

Get well Jeff.