The loop at Glastonbury

a6l6e6x

Does anyone know if these guys will be at Glasto this year testing drugs?

There's so much fake stuff flying around in the market at the moment and their results from Parklife although a great improvement from the year before still raise concerns on what people are actually getting

I heard they aren’t going to be on site this year so I bought a test kit from reagent-tests.uk

it came next day and I would advise it as some of my stuff… was fake!

they also responded to my query over email about the test results and advised on the amount of fake stuff flying around

Edited by ljb1995

Just now, ljb1995 said:

I bought a test kit from reagent-tests.uk

they also responded to my query over email about the test results and advised on the amount of fake stuff flying around

Out of interest, what did the fake stuff show up as on the test?

The site you mention is also listed on the Loop as the place to go if you want to do your own testing.

Sadly not, I've worked for them in the past and their request for help email did not include Glastonbury as a date so looks like a no.

As previously mentioned reagent-tests.uk are amazing and should be enough time left to get in time. They come in glass bottles though so might get confiscated if brought in

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

Out of interest, what did the fake stuff show up as on the test?

The site you mention is also listed on the Loop as the place to go if you want to do your own testing.

Essential the sample I was testing wasn’t changing colour at all. They advised:

“This is surprisingly common at the moment due to batches of brown, rocky crystals of caffeine being sold as MDMA. 

They will usually give a very faint yellow with Liebermann but this is sometimes not visible. 

You can test your reagents using things like aspirin and paracetamol, to be sure.“

49 minutes ago, ljb1995 said:

I heard they aren’t going to be on site this year so I bought a test kit from reagent-tests.uk

Can vouch for these, ordered this afternoon and it's already been posted.

Bit late for anyone who would still want to test their stuff but I can vouch for reagant

2 different samples, 1 was legit, the other definitely wasn't 

If you're choosing to do mysterious powders get it tested if you can, I wouldn't want the fake stuff in my system at all. Have a safe festival everyone

• 11 months later...

They do back of house testing on seized and found drugs but not through the loop. I can't remember seeing any alerts on things they've found though. 

Front of house testing is probably not going to be a thing for a long time now in the u.k.  As I understand it there was a unfavourable interpretation of the law which means they can't be certain that front of house testing wouldn't be classed as drug dealing. Without that certainty no organisation is going to put their people in a position of potentially being arrested.

48 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

They do back of house testing on seized and found drugs but not through the loop. I can't remember seeing any alerts on things they've found though. 

Front of house testing is probably not going to be a thing for a long time now in the u.k.  As I understand it there was a unfavourable interpretation of the law which means they can't be certain that front of house testing wouldn't be classed as drug dealing. Without that certainty no organisation is going to put their people in a position of potentially being arrested.

Yep. The Loop hasn't done FoH testing since 2018, after the Home Office leant on the relevant police forces. Absolutely ridiculous, but you'd expect no less from this government.

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

"Front of House" testing should actually be a condition for getting the license for all UK festivals.

Absolutely it should (well, depending on the size/demographics anyway - not sure it's needed at say Shrewsbury Folk Festival). But this shower of arseholes are going to put optics ahead of public safety every time.

6 hours ago, incident said:

Yep. The Loop hasn't done FoH testing since 2018, after the Home Office leant on the relevant police forces. Absolutely ridiculous, but you'd expect no less from this government.

Which is shit because it's not even been tested in law that you can't do it, but will probably require primary legislation to actively make it possible. 

I remember my Oxfam briefing for Boomtown and being told "we've a real issue at this festival with customer ls just handing steward drugs they've found. Please don't accept it, ask them to put it on the ground, stand on it and then radio it in". Because any handover of drugs could potentially be deemed a "transaction" even if the purpose is to surrender it, if you're not security that's technically guilty. 

Stupid law. 

13 hours ago, Skip997 said:

"Front of House" testing should actually be a condition for getting the license for all UK festivals.

Said this for a long time. Absolute maddening that they just won’t accept people are going to be getting drugs in to all events so at least let them do it safely. 

(edit: not Wimbledon, etc. though it would make those events better)

Edited by PassingCloud

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Which is sh*t because it's not even been tested in law that you can't do it, but will probably require primary legislation to actively make it possible. 

I remember my Oxfam briefing for Boomtown and being told "we've a real issue at this festival with customer ls just handing steward drugs they've found. Please don't accept it, ask them to put it on the ground, stand on it and then radio it in". Because any handover of drugs could potentially be deemed a "transaction" even if the purpose is to surrender it, if you're not security that's technically guilty. 

Stupid law. 

In my non law eyes the loop tent is clearly possession and then by giving it back is dealing? maybe not the latter part but its clearly posession.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

In my non law eyes the loop tent is clearly possession and then by giving it back is dealing? maybe not the latter part but its clearly posession.

The loop have (had?) a home office licence so the possession is legal, I think it's down to how they receive the substances. Then obviously giving it back is a problem, they tried a work around where they wouldn't give it back but that was still a no.

• Thanks 1