Love the farm?

Alvoram

2 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

I totally agree with the concept of simply leaving things in a slightly better state than you found them. The more that get on board, the better it’ll be. This will be a far more productive outcome IMO as convincing the masses of pissed idiots to be decent humans doesn’t work.

I also feel that if the site (or loos) are generally clean, most festival goers won’t want to be the first to make it worse.

When you see 100 cans of beer on the floor, lots will naturally think “meh, what’s one more?”. Whereas if there’s very little litter, lots of bins, and people picking up other people’s litter everywhere we’re introducing a culture around it that benefits everyone.

On that note hopefully efesters can post some photos of campsite on here after 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, august1 said:

I'd imagine a bit of a dip in compliance with the 3 year gap, not seen any campaign to take your stuff like previous years either 

All depends on the weather really.  

The drier it is, the more tents, chairs etc that will get taken home  - whether by the owners or by someone taking advantage of  free abandoned gear.

However this needs testing out more thoroughly so we need another dry festival to prove this hypothesis  

21 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

I’ve mentioned it previously but something our group do…

If you’re heading to the bin to get rid of rubbish, try and pick up 3 more bits of litter off the floor on the way. It takes 0 effort, adds 0 time and it makes for a cleaner festival environment for everyone.

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i run a fairly similar pledge with the toilets (though i'm not collecting three other people's full lenor bottles and depositing them, btw!) i will always leave a toilet stall in a better condition than i found it.

Its getting cleaned with tissues, patted dry, im using it, and then its getting cleaned and dried again. Try and time your bowel movements for immediately after mine because it will be a delight. Promise 👍

I try and do both those things. If we are at a stage for a couple of acts I keep a bag to put all rubbish in of our and normally just pick up a few extra around us as well. 

With the loos I also clean before I use and clean after. 

23 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

I’ve mentioned it previously but something our group do…

If you’re heading to the bin to get rid of rubbish, try and pick up 3 more bits of litter off the floor on the way. It takes 0 effort, adds 0 time and it makes for a cleaner festival environment for everyone.

The best thing about this is that other people will see you doing it, and hopefully join in. Added bonus points if the person that dropped it sees you do it, feels bad, and adjusts their attitude. 

18 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i run a fairly similar pledge with the toilets (though i'm not collecting three other people's full lenor bottles and depositing them, btw!) i will always leave a toilet stall in a better condition than i found it.

Its getting cleaned with tissues, patted dry, im using it, and then its getting cleaned and dried again. Try and time your bowel movements for immediately after mine because it will be a delight. Promise 👍

I totally do this as well! So smug when I can recommend it to the next person - "that one's ok" 😊 #goodvibes

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

sorry if this been talked about already...I haven't been for years, does Glastonbury still serve beer in paper pint cup things, or do they do the reusable plastic things that you get at some other festivals?

Paper cups still. I did take my own reusable cup with me but apparently they had to use the paper cups which had been set up for the quick pouring machines.

25 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Paper cups still. I did take my own reusable cup with me but apparently they had to use the paper cups which had been set up for the quick pouring machines.

I've definitely seen them keeping the same cup on the machines to tip out into reusables at one or two other festivals, but I guess Glasto crowds are something different and keeping up with the volume of plastic ones going back and forth might be a stretch. 

Edited by MoonBuggy

It depends on the bar. The big ones have automated machines to keep up with the pace so they'll be working from a stack of pre-poured ones behind them. Smaller bars that don't have the same volume churn will pour as required and can normally do it into your own pot.

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

i will always leave a toilet stall in a better condition than i found it.

I would personally love there to be some sort of anti-hover or standing on seats toilet pledge/movement.  It's one of those things that really triggers me - the selfishness of girls pissing, shutting or muddying the entire toilet.  Would you do that at home or work?  no.  So bloody well don't do it at Glasto and take the toilet out of action for everyone else. There's a seat.  Use it.  You can wipe it first if you need/want to.

Rant over.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Glast0baby said:

I would personally love there to be some sort of anti-hover or standing on seats toilet pledge/movement.  It's one of those things that really triggers me - the selfishness of girls pissing, shutting or muddying the entire toilet.  Would you do that at home or work?  no.  So bloody well don't do it at Glasto and take the toilet out of action for everyone else. There's a seat.  Use it.  You can wipe it first if you need/want to.

Rant over.

How about hinged panels either side of the seat?  Any splatter and you drop legs akimbo feet in the pit. 

30 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm the opposite, prefer to use after a bloke tbh. In my completely unscientific opinion they tend to leave it cleaner.

Yeah I know my instinct is not the right one...:

43 minutes ago, tarw said:

How about hinged panels either side of the seat?  Any splatter and you drop legs akimbo feet in the pit. 

Yes this!

In the mid 00s there was a very common misconception that, if you left your tents, they were all recycled to be taken by local Scout and Guides groups. I remember people of very good conscience going, "oh no its ok I'm leaving it for the Scouts!".

I'm sure it had been press released by the festival as well, but clearly that's not how it panned out. 

It would be great if the festival ran some ticket competitions for the next year, asking people to post pictures of their cleaned up campsite at the end of this one! That's the kind of thing that really gets the message across and incentivises the organised person in camp to get the others to get their shit in order.

I tend to leave a bit later on the Monday, packed up and ready to go around noon and one our stuff was packed, there was one tent maybe left near us who was still in it, and the entire field near us was clean, not even a piece of litter for me to pick up to help out. It was really nice to see. 

2 hours ago, Glast0baby said:

Rant over.

Oh man I totally agree. 2016 was the absolute worst for that and I can remember going into stall after stall with just the entire seat caked in mud. Was awful!

I wish the festival was a bit more blunt in communicating. Like photoshopping a dirty toilet/campground to someone's home loo or living room with a "would you do this at home" slogan. Or someone peeing behind a couch inches while the family's at the dinner table.