Diana Ross Miming at the Jubilee?! Massive let down for my Sunday!

Rocknrolljedi

I was told by a family member who watched it live and didn't believe them so watched it for myself and sure enough about midway through Chain Reaction (2:26) it's clear as day she's singing different words to what's coming out and then right at the end clear as day before her final note even ends she starts blowing kisses!

I've spent a lot of money to attend I don't want to give her the time of day if she dares to do it at Glasto. Any recommendations for someone else to watch!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jua5Fu2KhE

🤷‍♂️ end of a five day bender, I'm happy for some disco karaoke. 

The sound was messed up for a lot of the acts for the jubilee concert tbh, not quite sure what happened to production. You'd hope they'd sort that for Glastonbury and she won't have to mine.

Edited by Leyrulion

11 minutes ago, Rocknrolljedi said:

I was told by a family member who watched it live and didn't believe them so watched it for myself and sure enough about midway through Chain Reaction (2:26) it's clear as day she's singing different words to what's coming out and then right at the end clear as day before her final note even ends she starts blowing kisses!

I've spent a lot of money to attend I don't want to give her the time of day if she dares to do it at Glasto. Any recommendations for someone else to watch!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jua5Fu2KhE

You can't really judge much by that jubilee show which was basically a medley of artists with no sound checks and none of their own production.  I'm sure Ms. Ross will be bringing her A game and I personally won't be missing it.  It's the one thing I'll be making sure I do a shift swap for, if I'm unlucky with the rota. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Furq said:

She'd be mad to lip-sync at Glastonbury.

Can't be worse than Janet Jackson surely?

Macca has no voice but nobody cares since he isnt a female.

if youre out here really complaining about somebody in their 70's not sounding like themselves in their 20's then maybe change your expectations.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

if youre out here really complaining about somebody in their 70's not sounding like themselves in their 20's then maybe change your expectations.

Don't think gender or the quality of someone's voice is the issue bud, more the fact there's the potential they won't be using it at all.

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

🤷‍♂️

I'd prefer 'dodgy' singing to lip-syncing - that was my point.

P P Arnold and Kate Rusby are both playing in Avalon covering the Diana Ross slot and they are both ladies with incredible voices. 

Was actually surprised P P Arnold was up against Diana Ross as I thought there would be a fair amount of overlap. 

I personally will likely be at the Pyramid to see Diana Ross, but if I wasn't I'd be getting my jazz on at West Holts with Nubya Garcia followed by Snarky Puppy.

This thread goes to show the absolute variety and vitality of the line-up this year, nobody has to watch an act they don't wnat to see.

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

P P Arnold and Kate Rusby are both playing in Avalon covering the Diana Ross slot and they are both ladies with incredible voices. 

Was actually surprised P P Arnold was up against Diana Ross as I thought there would be a fair amount of overlap. 

Aye, was gutted to see the PP Arnold clash. Surprised by that one tbh

"Her ominously wobbly appearance at last week’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations did not bode well, but Diana Ross was back on magisterial form at the opening night of her first European tour in three years. Despite a few minor technical gremlins, this outdoor jamboree was a soul-pop masterclass from the eerily ageless 78-year-old glamazon empress — sparkly and vintage, like musical champagne."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/diana-ross-review-ageless-glamazon-on-magisterial-form-s7t59ftz5

Dolly P was lip syncing (very well) for most of her slot but I didn't see anyone complain about that and it's still held up as one of the best legends sets ever.

Just have a cider, have a dance, celebrate one of the most iconic soul singers ever and forget about ~authenticity~ for an hour.

• Upvote 1

Miming should not be allowed

this is my opinion, their job is singing , and I know the show is all part of the act. but singing is first and foremost. If you are going to mime, don't bother turning up 

just put a video on. 

I will forgive Cyrus snr , as that was comedy gold