2-Person furnished 'festihut' accommodation available

Tom White

Hello all, I will no longer be using my 2-person 'Ziggu camping' festihut.

Details here: https://www.ziggucamping.co.uk/product/festihut-chalet-sleeps-up-to-4/

They run a 24/7 shuttle service (which takes 3 mins) from their campsite which drops you near the Bronze gate - giving access to Pedestrian gate A. 

And unfortunately the T&Cs mean I can't get a refund. 

If anyone is still looking for accommodation and is interested in making me an offer please PM me. 

Thanks

Tom

1 minute ago, waterfalls21234 said:

The prices people are willing to pay to go `glamping` rather then just stay on site always shock me.....you could literally go on an a decesnt overseas holiday for the money your shelling out to stay in what is essentially a shed with a bit of bedding in it.......

I had a look at their site a few months ago, they still have accomodation available, but it looks no better than Stick / WV, is further away and 5 times the price!

I wonder if this is why the festival are introducing more options themselves, to protect people from this kind of thing. 

3 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

The prices people are willing to pay to go `glamping` rather then just stay on site always shock me.....you could literally go on an a decesnt overseas holiday for the money your shelling out to stay in what is essentially a shed with a bit of bedding in it.......

Appreciate that completely  - but I guess, likely many, we'd not really had a 'holiday' since pre-lockdown and thought we'd 'push the boat out' a bit. 

6 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

We once had an apartment holiday in Kos that was a shed with a couple of beds! Garden apartment my arse. 

8 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

I mean, a simple "no thanks" would have done

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, timbrass said:

How does Glamping compare to renting a motorhome for the Glasto week?  I suspect it is cheaper!

I looked at that and found some better options than glamping, although still too expensive for me sadly. They start at around £70 a night. Can get a decent 4 berth with a toilet and shower for £100 a night.

These tents on this site, unfurnished, start at £900 for 2 people for the festival's duration!

https://www.goboony.co.uk/campers/united-kingdom/england/leicestershire/33306

Or how about this 6 berth, still available, for £93 per night

https://www.goboony.co.uk/campers/united-kingdom/wales/gwynedd/32569?ends_at=2022-06-27&starts_at=2022-06-20

Edited by Alvoram

I am not personally in this tense bidding war, but I feel invested. Is there parking in with it?

As a campervanner - yes you probably could rent a van for cheaper, but that's not necessarily a better option than this. You have to drive it there, great if its your van and you enjoy doing it but can be a bit hairy, plus this has extra facilities. If that's what people want to spend their money on to have a fun festival then fair play. It all also helps get more local buy in and support for the festival as local landowners can set up things like this that help them make a bit of money too. 

45 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

I am not personally in this tense bidding war, but I feel invested. Is there parking in with it?

As a campervanner - yes you probably could rent a van for cheaper, but that's not necessarily a better option than this. You have to drive it there, great if its your van and you enjoy doing it but can be a bit hairy, plus this has extra facilities. If that's what people want to spend their money on to have a fun festival then fair play. It all also helps get more local buy in and support for the festival as local landowners can set up things like this that help them make a bit of money too. 

Fair... But then again, it's half the price... And you get your own toilet and shower!

I'd been driving a month before I was persuaded to drive a massive luton van full of band gear from Derbyshire to Weymouth and across to Jersey... Nothing has really phased me since then.

Oh and btw, I'm not judging anybody who wants to do it, by all means it's up to them. I even looked myself before I scored a Sticklinch tent in the resale. I just found it to be too expensive, and not even close to what I personally think it's worth, considering what's on offer. 

WV / Sticklinch has pretty much everything they offer. 

But each to their own. If money was no issue, or they lowered the price a bit, I'd do it. 🙂 

Edited by Alvoram

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Fair... But then again, it's half the price... And you get your own toilet and shower!

For the motor homerental you need to collext it don't you? And you need a cv pass. Not everyone can do the former or managed the latter. 

@Tom Whitedoes that mean you're no longer able to go to the festival, or you're now doing something different instead?

(don't pay attention to those troublemakers in the Weather thread 😉

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

For the motor homerental you need to collext it don't you? And you need a cv pass. Not everyone can do the former or managed the latter. 

@Tom Whitedoes that mean you're no longer able to go to the festival, or you're now doing something different instead?

(don't pay attention to those troublemakers in the Weather thread 😉

You do, (although collection is available,) and yes, but I don’t see how that makes a tent or shed in a field worth the kind of money these sites ask.  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

The real alternatives, and best comparisons to these sites, are WV and Sticklinch. It was somebody else suggesting that a campervan would be more expensive prompted the CV talk. 

Anyway… More to the point this particular offering has to be worth at least a few hundred to somebody, I’m surprised nobody is trying to grab a bargain and offering to take it off his hands for less yet. The ironic thing is, had I not been sorted, even I would of been willing to offer at least £600. 😕 

Oh well, at least we can keep bumping it for him by debating the merits, and value, of these sites. 🙈😂

5 hours ago, Alvoram said:

You do, (although collection is available,) and yes, but I don’t see how that makes a tent or shed in a field worth the kind of money these sites ask.  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

The real alternatives, and best comparisons to these sites, are WV and Sticklinch. It was somebody else suggesting that a campervan would be more expensive prompted the CV talk. 

Anyway… More to the point this particular offering has to be worth at least a few hundred to somebody, I’m surprised nobody is trying to grab a bargain and offering to take it off his hands for less yet. The ironic thing is, had I not been sorted, even I would of been willing to offer at least £600. 😕 

Oh well, at least we can keep bumping it for him by debating the merits, and value, of these sites. 🙈😂

I'm in the same boat, coming coach so couldn't get cv pass, but was lucky enough to get Sticklinch bunkpad, as you say would have been interested at WV ish prices too if I wasn't sorted 😊

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1