This time next week I’ll be…

JoeyT

Just now, moogster said:

I did a pre-pet sitter clean this weekend, basically cleaning the stuff I'll probably forget to clean in the rush. Not that the pet sitter will have a look in the back of the cutlery drawer but you never know 😛

So next Monday I'll probably be cleaning again and the house will be cleaner than ever and we won't be in it to enjoy it!

Yes having to do all the cleaning means we really need the packing done by Sunday. As well as the written instructions on how to operate everything (including the dogs 😄)

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Waking my baby and taking him swimming. Precious few days with him whilst i convince myself the amount i miss him won't cripple me at Glastonbury!

No way! This is me too 😞  

not sure how I will manage. The wife insisted I go as rolled over the ticket and we had a baby in the meantime. I haven’t been away more than 1 night yet. 

2 minutes ago, Uboat said:

No way! This is me too 😞  

not sure how I will manage. The wife insisted I go as rolled over the ticket and we had a baby in the meantime. I haven’t been away more than 1 night yet. 

Similar. Ours is 15 months. The wife has done two nights away but this will be the longest period we’ve both been away from him. 
I’ll be at work Monday making sure my house is in order before I finish on Tuesday. On Wednesday we’ll be dropping the little fella off at his grandparents, before travelling down in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Have dropped the cat at the cattery 

Gone for breakfast

Probably about now grabbing the last few bits from the supermarket, then back to make some food bits to take to eat on the Tuesday and for breakfasts 

Then pack everything into the trailer tent 

Edited by Lesley2337

7 hours ago, Uboat said:

No way! This is me too 😞  

I feel you! He didn’t exist for a year after I bought the ticket and now I’ve seen him for every single day of his life. I’ve also taken a sabbatical to take over child care. I said I’ll read him his bed time story one night from a field somewhere 😄

in a way, I’m looking forward to being able to switch off my brain from being a dad and being aware of him, his next meal/nap time/etc… for 5 days and have some freedom to do what I want at whatever time as lockdowns and lack of family support has meant that hasn’t happened in 2 years. Try to enjoy it!

Likely spending all day waiting for the guy to turn up for the annual boiler service only for him to not turn up (again).

I finish work at midnight on Sunday, so Monday is officially supposed to be get excited and do last minute shopping day, looks like I'll have to wait til Tuesday for that now.