This time next week I’ll be…

JoeyT

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'll be on this forum and the webcam wondering why I didn't book the Monday off too!

Booking the Monday off is a fools errand unless you're travelling down / are keeping yourself busy.

I did it many moons ago and it was the most torturous day of my life. Every minute felt like an hour.

Just now, JoeyT said:

Booking the Monday off is a fools errand unless you're travelling down / are keeping yourself busy.

I did it many moons ago and it was the most torturous day of my life. Every minute felt like an hour.

Duly noted. I have booked the Tuesday though off for final prep, packing and last minute shopping.

Waking up having seen Sharon Van Etten the night before, and then getting ready to go have a haircut and head to Manchester for Nine Inch Nails.

Hopefully all safe in the knowledge that I finished packing over the weekend.

But with time on Tuesday for panic buying if required.

19 minutes ago, Mr Gigpusher said:

Wishing the last day at work goes quickly and uneventfully 😀

Snap whilst also trying to fit in last minute packing and tidying the house for the dog sitter. Having to clean your whole house and pack is a bit of a game changer!!

I'll be buried in getting handover notes written up for work and closing off as many loose ends as possible. I hate leaving work for colleagues to pick up on when I'm away, so I'll be going into work overdrive mode this week and getting as much out of the door as possible.

Assuming everything goes to plan (ha!) my packing will have been done on the Sunday and my loaded bergen will be sat in the garage and ready to go for Wednesday morning. Sick of leaving myself packing on Tuesday night!

This year my group have booked a cottage 20mins from site so we will all be casually heading down Tuesday afternoon (can't wait!).

I've had the idea of parking up in Glastonbury (town) on the tuesday late afternoon and heading up the Tor or a picnic for dinner.. can I just park up in Glastonbury in a paid car park and walk from there?

Edited by Wilfko

Just now, Wilfko said:

This year my group have booked a cottage 20mins from site so we will all be casually heading down Tuesday afternoon (can't wait!).

I've had the idea of parking up in Glastonbury (town) on the tuesday late afternoon and heading up the Tor or a picnic for dinner.. can I just park up in Glastonbury in a paid car park and walk from there?

Yes, it's a 5 - 10 min walk if that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Snap whilst also trying to fit in last minute packing and tidying the house for the dog sitter. Having to clean your whole house and pack is a bit of a game changer!!

I did a pre-pet sitter clean this weekend, basically cleaning the stuff I'll probably forget to clean in the rush. Not that the pet sitter will have a look in the back of the cutlery drawer but you never know 😛

So next Monday I'll probably be cleaning again and the house will be cleaner than ever and we won't be in it to enjoy it!