Is there a forum meet?

Aragorn

Well, where to start?

I'll be brief. 

There is an eFests meet every year on Wednesday afternoon/evening at the Ridge & Furrow bar. This year there have been some challenging issues (I won't elaborate as it's not desperately helpful) that have resulted in the usual definite arrangement being less definite, with the typical organisation and anticipation being relatively undiscussed on here, where usually it would be buzzing. 

Bottom line: I believe that many/most people will still head for the R&F on the Wednesday as per usual. I know that I will and dearly hope many others will as it's the only realistic chance I have of seeing some people very dear to me but who I see only once a year on the Farm. 

So, in summary, yes. Ridge and Furrow. Wednesday late afternoon/evening. 

Ben
🙂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well, where to start?

I'll be brief. 

There is an eFests meet every year on Wednesday afternoon/evening at the Ridge & Furrow bar. This year there have been some challenging issues (I won't elaborate as it's not desperately helpful) that have resulted in the usual definite arrangement being less definite, with the typical organisation and anticipation being relatively undiscussed on here, where usually it would be buzzing. 

Bottom line: I believe that many/most people will still head for the R&F on the Wednesday as per usual. I know that I will and dearly hope many others will as it's the only realistic chance I have of seeing some people very dear to me but who I see only once a year on the Farm. 

So, in summary, yes. Ridge and Furrow. Wednesday late afternoon/evening. 

Ben
🙂

Will be seeing you there along with most of the virtual meet crew and the guys that helped out in the resale … will be getting there as soon as my bus allows … very much looking forward to meeting the lovely people that I’ve conversed with and that have helped me out though challenging times . Anyone with any nerves feel free to join a vm and we can hopefully allay and fears and need for loitering on the outskirts 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

I have cleared my schedule and I will be there, but a little bit nervous about it

It’s an extension of the festival with a few people wearing sticky badges nothing to fear … shout if you have any issues at the time and I’ll happily walk you in 

I’m planning to be there, look forward to it. 😁 

I’ve never made it to a previous meet or been into the R&F at all, as far as I can recall. Is it pretty easy to identify fellow forum denizens - sticky badges by the sounds of it @crazyfool1?

Going around asking random people “Errrrm ‘scuse me, are you off the EFests forums?” would not be a happy fun time for me. 

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I’ve never made it to a previous meet or been into the R&F at all, as far as I can recall. Is it pretty easy to identify fellow forum denizens - sticky badges by the sounds of it @crazyfool1?

Going around asking random people “Errrrm ‘scuse me, are you off the EFests forums?” would not be a happy fun time for me. 

Every time I have gone it’s always been pretty obvious as you can see lots of people introducing themselves and there’ll be stickers with forum names on them. 

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

yeah @gigpusher is gonna  bring some sticky badges , ill have my hat and there will be quite a number in efest tshirts so fairly easy to spot ... if anyone has any pictures they can post ... 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Every time I have gone it’s always been pretty obvious as you can see lots of people introducing themselves and there’ll be stickers with forum names on them. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

yeah @gigpusher is gonna  bring some sticky badges , ill have my hat and there will be quite a number in efest tshirts so fairly easy to spot ... if anyone has any pictures they can post ... 

Awesome, thanks both. Sounds good. 🙂

I’ll be in the minority given I use my real name on here anyway 😂 I don’t know why I thought that was a good idea…

If anyone is feeling too nervous to introduce yourself, feel free to PM me before* or during the meet and I'll come meet you and make introductions. I know a lot of the faces, once you start chatting, you're in and it feels really natural.

* By before I mean anytime between now and the meet itself.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Like 1