Kate Bush

kevbizarre

This is someone who did a special run of shows at a single ~3,000 capacity venue 8 years ago, and aside from those shows hasn't done a proper tour since the 70s - so well over 40 years ago.

While it's not technically impossible (as that run of shows proves), it's still exceptionally unlikely we ever see her at Glastonbury. There's more than enough evidence to suggest that playing live isn't high on her priority list.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Do you think she will be the sound of this years Glastonbury? Her buzz is very high at the moment. Legend slot for 2023??

6 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Not sure about the sound of this year's fest but yea good shout for legends slot next year. Don't think she likes performing live though does she?

Kate Bush is a headliner akin to Led Zep or Prince imo. It would be a gigantic deal.

If she plays anywhere she headlines. It would be one of Glastonbury’s biggest coups.

In fame and music royalty she’s like a mythical figure, larger than life.

• Upvote 3

Just wait til next year when its another artist that gets brought to light because of a song on a tv show. And if Coachella didnt go through with trying to book her ( they were in talks to do a similar residency in the states ala london when she did it and maybe do the festival also ) theres no shot of glasto  nabbing her.

Edited by Suprefan

I went to one of those shows 8 years ago. She really did not seem to enjoy playing the kinds of songs most casual listeners would want to hear from her. 

The show opened with her live band rushed through an opening set of “the classics” that were definitely played a bit faster.

The actual theatrical performance / art / film thing she did was sooo much better by comparison and not the kind of thing that would work at a festival 

From what I’ve read she’s not interested in tours/shows as such. The run in 2015 was a highly theatrical show and as much about the art/dance/performance as the music. Can’t really do that on a tour or at a festival.

11 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

From what I’ve read she’s not interested in tours/shows as such. The run in 2015 was a highly theatrical show and as much about the art/dance/performance as the music. Can’t really do that on a tour or at a festival.

She’s also lived an incredibly private life for a very long time. She’s somehow managed to avoid all press and become a bit of a myth. Very few people even know what she even looks like now.

If she did a tour it would be a complete return to public life. People would see her in a way different to how she’s been for years!

Edited by Matt42

31 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

I went to one of those shows 8 years ago. She really did not seem to enjoy playing the kinds of songs most casual listeners would want to hear from her. 

The show opened with her live band rushed through an opening set of “the classics” that were definitely played a bit faster.

The actual theatrical performance / art / film thing she did was sooo much better by comparison and not the kind of thing that would work at a festival 

I really enjoyed the opening set too - and the encore too with Cloudbusting was a taps aff moment. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Cooter said:

She's done very little since the 80s apart from a couple of years back when a couple of gigs sold out in seconds.

Not just very little. Since her first and only tour in 1979 no live performances at all (TV promo aside) other than the 2014 residency.

Kate Bush will not be playing the legend slot next year, I'm afraid. But expect to hear some remixes this year.

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s also lived an incredibly private life for a very long time. She’s somehow managed to avoid all press and become a bit of a myth. Very few people even know what she even looks like now.

If she did a tour it would be a complete return to public life. People would see her in a way different to how she’s been for years!

I bet she looks quite a lot like she did 8 years ago. Unless you know something about a transformation I don't, it's pretty likely she'd be recognisable walking down the street.

It will never happen. Those shows 8 years ago were very special but Kate is never going to rock up and say hello Glastonbury. 

It would be crazy weird if she did. I imagine if she ever went to Glastonbury she’d mostly be in the tiny tea tent being very, very normal. That’s the thing about Kate she seems incredibly enigmatic but also very normal and down to earth. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Not just very little. Since her first and only tour in 1979 no live performances at all (TV promo aside) other than the 2014 residency.

Kate Bush will not be playing the legend slot next year, I'm afraid. But expect to hear some remixes this year.

exactly this 

I treasure having had the opportunity to see one of those 2014 shows.  Might have been the best show I've ever seen. 

I would bet my savings that she's done playing live for good.  

6 hours ago, gigpusher said:

It will never happen. Those shows 8 years ago were very special but Kate is never going to rock up and say hello Glastonbury. 

It would be crazy weird if she did. I imagine if she ever went to Glastonbury she’d mostly be in the tiny tea tent being very, very normal. That’s the thing about Kate she seems incredibly enigmatic but also very normal and down to earth. 

She gets it all out by pretending to be a wood pigeon, or dog, or a ghost, or pair of lovers who have been reincarnated many times through history and keep running into each other.

Or my favourite, which kind of embodies the dichotomy at the root of her work, a women that uses a washing machine to clean shirts, but sung in a more dramatic fashion than any of the wild fantasies above.

Edited by stuartbert two hats