Sat/Sun Recommendations

GlastoGY

Was hoping for some recommendations of indie/ rock bands to go see on the Saturday & Sunday, maybe some new up and coming acts to go see? My Friday is strong with Libertines, Orlando Weaks, Blossoms, Wolf Alice, Sam Fender & Foals. But struggling slightly on the Sunday.

Sea Girls or Sports Team Sunday - they cross over but both along the indie lines of the others you mention. 

Also The Magic Gang Sunday evening on William's Green are great. The Snuts too perhaps but they're not indie really - I'm not a fan but they're pretty popular.

I'm probably missing Blossoms as I've seen them twice in the last two months but one of my favourites! Friday is so bad for clashes - missing Supergrass is a bad one 

• Upvote 1

Try Sea Girls on Sunday (love them). And keep an eye on the TBCs on The Park and John Peel as those could be good. My Friday looks like yours and we also have Elbow and Years & Years in the mix for sun (tho not indie). And we are going to try Sorry on William’s green on Sat. Seem to be good new-ish Indie rock

Edited by CantWaitForGlasto22
  • Upvote 1

These might not all be in the exact area you’re looking for but are in that kind of ‘alternative’ space.

Saturday: Folly Group/Katy J Pearson/Gabriels/Self Esteem/Sorry/Beabadoobee/Honeyglaze/Big Thief/Tim Burgess

Sunday: Just Mustard/Dream Nails/Sports Team/Sprints/Warmduscher/Jesca Hoop/Cate Le Bon/Clairo/Caroline Polachek/Fontaines DC/Caroline/New Dad/Turnstile/Mush/The Magic Gang/Jarv Is

Edited by Ryan1984

Metronomy are great, on the Other Stage Saturday. They are the band I'm most gutted about missing as I'll be watching Self Esteem at John Peel. Grace Petrie at the Avalon the same day for a lovely bit of folk.

I'm struggling a bit of the Sunday too, although Amyl and the Sniffers into Turnstile might be the best couple of hours of the weekend for me

Edited by howlin_pete

Quite excited to see someone else mention Orla Gartland - she's fantastic live and brilliant with crowds so she was an easy pick to go see (Avalon 7:50-8:50). Also planned on seeing Seagirls on the Other Stage earlier that day (12:15-1:00pm) - never seen them live myself but got a few friends who say they're pretty good. Possibly might try and check out Kacey Musgraves and Clairo, depending on where the rest of my group head to.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:44 PM, GlastoGY said:

Was hoping for some recommendations of indie/ rock bands to go see on the Saturday & Sunday, maybe some new up and coming acts to go see? My Friday is strong with Libertines, Orlando Weaks, Blossoms, Wolf Alice, Sam Fender & Foals. But struggling slightly on the Sunday.

Easy life have two sets on Saturday, probably a good fit