Advice on where to park & leave my vehicle overnight Wednesday

med

Please can anyone advise on where would be a good place to leave my vehicle overnight Wednesday night, either close to the festival or close to Castle Cary train station would be ideal.  I've seen that the car park at the train station will be closed.   I have a coach ticket & will be getting the coach from Taunton on Thursday.

2 hours ago, med said:

Please can anyone advise on where would be a good place to leave my vehicle overnight Wednesday night, either close to the festival or close to Castle Cary train station would be ideal.  I've seen that the car park at the train station will be closed.   I have a coach ticket & will be getting the coach from Taunton on Thursday.

Wouldn't you be better parking at the festival in a car park near Gate A and getting a shuttle to Castle Cary station? https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-train/

Here is a map of the car parks. 😃thumbnail_OFF-SITE_TRAFFIC_INFORMATION_M

2 hours ago, med said:

What's the plan for your vehicle on Thursday? Are you gonna go get it from somewhere nearby and park it at the festival? If so I would agree - best place would be getting into the usual car park. 

4 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

What's the plan for your vehicle on Thursday? Are you gonna go get it from somewhere nearby and park it at the festival? If so I would agree - best place would be getting into the usual car park. 

Yeah I'm going to be parking it in the campervan fields, my son who will be arriving earlier than me will be camping with me and the campervan tickets in his name, so he'll come and meet me when I get near the campervan field.

12 minutes ago, med said:

Yeah I'm going to be parking it in the campervan fields, my son who will be arriving earlier than me will be camping with me and the campervan tickets in his name, so he'll come and meet me when I get near the campervan field.

Can he get the van in, then come and meet you and take the car in? I don't know the ins and outs of your ability to access the campervan fields without a ticket. I assume not! 

If so, I would think you could do that from the drop off point? Or there's a spot a bit down from the campervan fields where you can pull over on the side of the road just between Gate A and Gate C. I have seen it discussed in a thread about picking up a child. If that's a possibility I can tag you in the thread! 

1 hour ago, med said:

Yes that would make sense 🙂 thank you.

I'm not sure if they would allow me to park in the official glastonbury festival car parks if I didn't yet have my admission ticket though. 

Just say they were posted to a friend and you are meeting them at the gate. 🙂

We have a bus ticket and our car is being dropped at the festival car parks the night before we get the bus … then a lift back to Taunton. Someone else kindly got the carpark ticket … pretty sure it won’t be an issue buying on the gate though …. Ticket or no ticket 

Ah right, thanks for that.  I just can't decide now whether to leave it at the festival Wednesday night, then get the train back down to Exeter, and get a lift up to Taunton Thursday morning for the bus, or drive it up to Taunton to get the bus Thursday morning leave it there, and then hope to get a train from Castle Cary to Taunton to collect it..  Decisions! 

Just so grateful to be going!

Thanks for the advice everyone, and hope you all have the best time ever. 

On 6/10/2022 at 12:39 PM, med said:

Yes that would make sense 🙂 thank you.

I'm not sure if they would allow me to park in the official glastonbury festival car parks if I didn't yet have my admission ticket though. 

They don’t ask to see your festival ticket at the entrance to the car parks, just a car park pass or you can pay at the gate.

On 6/10/2022 at 12:45 PM, med said:

You won't be allowed to park a car in the campervan fields next to a campervan.

Edited by Johnnyseven

4 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

For some reason, I had assumed the vehicle you were driving down WAS the campervan, hence why there was no one else who could finish driving it on site?

I've got a coach ticket, from Taunton.