Chilled / Healthy Glasto

Miss_Boo

38 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

Is lost horizon the best place for a massage then or are there alternatives? I know my missus would love one while there but not sure we need the whole experience of LH.

I'd suggest the Healing Field for a massage without the nudity/sauna shenanigans.

Worth mentioning that Lost Horizon is one of the few areas at Glastonbury that has an additional entry fee.

Edited by doogie
  • Like 1

Spoken word tent

Cabaret tent 

Big top circus tent

Outdoor circus space

Astralab

Pilton Palais cinema

Cinemaragedon 

Acoustic tent

Flagtopia

Free University 

Vintage clothes shopping 

Send a postcard

Tiny Tea Tent

TiPi village has loads of small stages and really sweet village tipi cafe vibe. 24h fire by the totem pole.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lakey91 said:

Is lost horizon the best place for a massage then or are there alternatives? I know my missus would love one while there but not sure we need the whole experience of LH.

Lost Horizons is definitely worth the entry fee if you have a few hours to kill on the Wednesday or Thursday. I spend a lot of Thursday there, happily sunbathing naked, chilling out and watching some bands on their stage, some of whom perform in the nude. It's like a mini-Woodstock! Always gets me ready for the busy few days ahead.

The massages there are good but more can be found in the Healing Fields too. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

TiPi village has loads of small stages and really sweet village tipi cafe vibe. 24h fire by the totem pole.

This is interesting - I never go in there as assumed you need to be staying there to get in?

I get confused by the differences between Tipi park, Tipi village and Tipi Field tbh

4 minutes ago, sime said:

Lost Horizons is definitely worth the entry fee if you have a few hours to kill on the Wednesday or Thursday. I spend a lot of Thursday there, happily sunbathing naked, chilling out and watching some bands on their stage, some of whom perform in the nude. It's like a mini-Woodstock! Always gets me ready for the busy few days ahead.

The massages there are good but more can be found in the Healing Fields too. 

Also worth mentioning that if you have a crew band, it’s half price on both day entry and full access.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

That was fun, we went a fair gallop

7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

We did indeed!!

You've piqued my interest, what did you classify as a fair gallop? Especially allowing for the fact it's Thursday morning at Glastonbury? 😉

37 minutes ago, Quark said:

You've piqued my interest, what did you classify as a fair gallop? Especially allowing for the fact it's Thursday morning at Glastonbury? 😉

I was on my burner and not recording runs at that point, but a friend and I who met @Superscallydid IIRC about 10km exactly by the time we'd got to the start point and back to the tent, I'm guessing in the region of 45-50 mins. We had a few stops for seeing stuff but that did also include a pretty big hill up by some flags on the way to Cinermageddon?

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I was on my burner and not recording runs at that point, but a friend and I who met @Superscallydid IIRC about 10km exactly by the time we'd got to the start point and back to the tent, I'm guessing in the region of 45-50 mins. We had a few stops for seeing stuff but that did also include a pretty big hill up by some flags on the way to Cinermageddon?

OK considering my PB for a 10km is about 48 mins, I believe that the appropriate phrase would be "the hell with that" 😂

Good work though!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

OK considering my PB for a 10km is about 48 mins, I believe that the appropriate phrase would be "the hell with that" 😂

Good work though!

I totally over exaggerated our abilities

https://strava.app.link/4gxbBEP6Jqb

I'm not on this run (yet), didn't have strava then.

Edited by fightoffyour

On 6/9/2022 at 2:44 PM, Miss_Boo said:

Hi all

I'm trying an alternative Glastonbury this year which won't involve too much alcohol or late nights (I know!!)

I'd really like to take advantage of some of the more relaxed / healthy alternatives at Glasto for once.   My questions are:

I'm sure there used to be a 5k Glasto fun run around the site.  Does anyone know if this is happening this year?

I've also never properly been into the Healing Fields.  Does anyone know if you need to book the massages / yoga / workshops etc?  Or can you just turn up?

Are there any areas that do anything like a hot tub / spa experience?   I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this there before...  somewhere to chill out and relax would be amazing.

Any other tips for someone looking to experience a chilled, non-boozy festival, please let me know 😁

If you’ve never done it check out power ballad Yoga, it’s a glasto highlight. On a few times around 10am at the green peace stage. 

funny as fuck