Gate C

Jackal1

Sorry if this should be in questions. 

Is anyone aware if gate C will be made any bigger to cope with the additional East CV fields?

We have been in the West CV fields for the last few and entry is easy. There used to be queues at busy times at C in previous years. 

Thanks. Nice to be back!

1 hour ago, Jackal1 said:

Sorry if this should be in questions. 

Is anyone aware if gate C will be made any bigger to cope with the additional East CV fields?

We have been in the West CV fields for the last few and entry is easy. There used to be queues at busy times at C in previous years. 

Thanks. Nice to be back!

There's no change to the East CV fields, so and Gate C looks the same from pics that have been posted. 

1 hour ago, yehbutnobut said:

Never had an issue at C. A little slower when you go in for the first time and get your wristbands, but apart from that always been through fairly sharpish.

There were a few times in 2019 when the queues to get back into the festival were pretty long. You can also queue for a bit to get out too.

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

There were a few times in 2019 when the queues to get back into the festival were pretty long. You can also queue for a bit to get out too.

yeah, thats been the case for years and years, just plan round it 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the queues at ped gate c were any worse this year than previous years? We had to queue over an hour to get into the festival on Friday and Sunday and also queued to get out a few times.  It was our first time in campervan east and was expecting a bit of a queue but over an hour meant we missed acts each time which was a shame. 

3 minutes ago, Summertime said:

Does anyone know if the queues at ped gate c were any worse this year than previous years? We had to queue over an hour to get into the festival on Friday and Sunday and also queued to get out a few times.  It was our first time in campervan east and was expecting a bit of a queue but over an hour meant we missed acts each time which was a shame. 

Everyone arrives at the gate at the same time.  If you get up a bit earlier there's no queue.  Likewise, an hour later there's no queue. 

That rush literally lasts for an hour or so each morning after Weds, obviously!  

5 minutes ago, Summertime said:

The queue getting back in after a car run on Sunday was far, far worse than in 2016 when I did the same thing. Also missed acts as a result, very frustrating. 

I don’t know what the issue was, after 45 mins+ all of a sudden the queue started shifting and from then on moved ok. 

Just now, jimmillen said:

The queue getting back in after a car run on Sunday was far, far worse than in 2016 when I did the same thing. Also missed acts as a result, very frustrating. 

I don’t know what the issue was, after 45 mins+ all of a sudden the queue started shifting and from then on moved ok. 

I was a Gate Organiser at Gate C.  It's literally about timing.  There's 20,000 people in campervans outside that gate and they all get washed, dressed and come in roughly the same time.  If your car trip is the same time as that, usually about 11-12 but depends on weather, it's going to take longer.  A bit earlier or later you'll walk straight in.

Just now, jimmillen said:

I dunno, it was about 1:30 when I came through… suppose could be a lot of late risers on Sunday! 

Dunno mate, my last shift was Saturday. Maybe people were hanging more. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Dunno mate, my last shift was Saturday. Maybe people were hanging more. 

I got the impression something was a bit wrong with the gate setup tbh - the way the queue suddenly went from static to moving was totally different from the slow, steady progress on the way in on Weds. 

It also looked like there weren’t enough stewards to cope with queue jumpers going straight down the hill. Eventually seemed to get a bit more organised - also everyone in the queue started loudly booing the queue jumpers. Provided a bit of entertainment at least! 😂

27 minutes ago, MikeandSan said:

First timer question. What wristband were people showing to take the shortcut down the hill from the campervan fields where everyone else was being directed down the longer side at busy times?

It will be people with an EPO (Easy Pass Out) QR code on their wristbands. It's for people who are working on site and need to come in and out, so Oxfam volunteers, recyclers etc. WaterAid volunteers like me had them as some of us had to come in and out to clean toilets regularly. No doubt plenty of other backstage people get them too.

• Like 1

First time on that side of the site, got in pretty easy on Wednesday morning, quicker than expected, and then had no issues all weekend, 5-10 mins max to get through, there were times when the ticket checkers seemed to be going a bit overboard and taking longer than was necessary though, i'm guessing they had been given the word to be extra vigilant. Overall very good, thanks Stuie.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I was a Gate Organiser at Gate C.  It's literally about timing.  There's 20,000 people in campervans outside that gate and they all get washed, dressed and come in roughly the same time.  If your car trip is the same time as that, usually about 11-12 but depends on weather, it's going to take longer.  A bit earlier or later you'll walk straight in.

Exactly this, I did my 3 shifts on gate C and out with these busy  periods it was straight through with no queues, everyone seems to arrive and leave at the same time causing the long queue!

15 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

First time on that side of the site, got in pretty easy on Wednesday morning, quicker than expected, and then had no issues all weekend, 5-10 mins max to get through, there were times when the ticket checkers seemed to be going a bit overboard and taking longer than was necessary though, i'm guessing they had been given the word to be extra vigilant. Overall very good, thanks Stuie.

Things change in response to what's happening at the time.  Word of fake tickets at another gate meant things got checked more later on in the festival.  Also people getting to the far end of the gate and then sprinting off when they didn't have a wristband meant we brought in visual wristband checking right at the very beginning by the security searches, so they'd have to run further. 

On 6/30/2022 at 1:05 PM, stuie said:

Everyone arrives at the gate at the same time.  If you get up a bit earlier there's no queue.  Likewise, an hour later there's no queue. 

That rush literally lasts for an hour or so each morning after Weds, obviously!  

I worked this gate as well and like Stuie was surprised that people didn’t leave half an hour earlier. The queues were at predictable time and the lanes were all fully opened at those times.  What also surprised me is why people didn’t take a ten minute detour to PG A especially if they were headed to the pyramid or JP.

29 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I worked this gate as well and like Stuie was surprised that people didn’t leave half an hour earlier. The queues were at predictable time and the lanes were all fully opened at those times.  What also surprised me is why people didn’t take a ten minute detour to PG A especially if they were headed to the pyramid or JP.

How do you get from gate C to gate A in 10 mins? Can you walk round the perimeter? Even if you can it looks like a fair walk. Maybe you meant gate B?

Edited by gizmoman
Question

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

How do you get from gate C to gate A in 10 mins? Can you walk round the perimeter? Even if you can it looks like a fair walk.

I think @March Haremight have meant C to B - yes you can walk around the perimeter between them in about 10 mins.  C to A I've never tried but I'd guess an hour or so.