See Tickets have sent me someone else's ticket!!

warriormonk

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

When is the contract up with See Tickets and GFL?

Their service is shocking on all fronts.

Can’t wait for surge pricing on ticket day! Also the ticketmaster random queue would put us organised lot on here at a disadvantage vs the masses

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Do we know it actually stop touting? There have been plenty of threads in here over the last few weeks of people asking to buy tickets and many stories of people using others tickets to get in as the paper photos aren't really checked that much.

The scanners would possibly only be a one time investment, and you could contract it out to a company that has them. If they can deliver a mobile system that's cheaper than sending about 80-100,000 tickets by £10 a pop special delivery they'd be saving money.

Touting for glastonbury is far less widespread than anywhere else, its not like they are on viagogo etc.

mobile tickets are free for customer vs £10 they get paid to send out tickets (when it probably costs a few £ less than that to do, so they are pocketing 100,000+ x however much they save)

53 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

UPDATE:  See Tickets have got back to me and asked me to post the ticket back to them.  Thanks for that e-mail address @StoneCircle ... it's not on their 'customer service' page...or at least I couldn't find it. 

Phew, I actually started to suffer vicarious panic on the ticket holder's behalf!  It was really grinding my gears.  Ticket anxiety is a thing!  😱      

Well done to you for persevering 😊

For the communication channels it occasionally seems the less publicised they are the more effective they will be - not surprising I guess. 

44 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Do you think there would be a similar uproar in festival circuits if it went completely app based? Or do you think the demographics are better suited to it, and perhaps already 'used to it / ready for it?' 

The beauty of going e-ticket is you can let people do what they like with them: print at home, show the email on screen, save to your wallet app, share them all on the WhatsApp group so everyone’s got a backup, whatever! 

I can’t imagine anyone getting through the rest of the hoops to get a ticket and not at the very least being able to find a printer to use in the month or so beforehand. 

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

I desperately hope they never move away from See. They are the best company for this stuff by a mile

Ticketmaster is an absolute joke, I never get through for anything with them. Hate their system and hate the company

100% - See are the best option I know of (even if they could handle the load a bit better when it comes to October!), Ticketmaster are an absolute travesty. 

A lot of the UK's independent festivals use The Ticket Sellers for digital ticketing, and I've never known any problems with them. And they are always very helpful when you contact them.

They provide the entire solution, the barcode scanners, the pass out system, analytics software so you know how many people are on site at any time, real time admission data, the lot.

Of course Glastonbury is a much bigger event to manage, but they are already doing 66k tickets for Boomtown, so they have some experience with larger festivals now.

12 minutes ago, MoonBuggy said:

100% - See are the best option I know of (even if they could handle the load a bit better when it comes to October!), Ticketmaster are an absolute travesty. 

Yes, but they could do just one thing that would placate us and stop the jitters. Get all the tickets out at least three weeks before the event, same goes for accommodation info, car passes etc. that gives enough time to sort out any problems. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, but they could do just one thing that would placate us and stop the jitters. Get all the tickets out at least three weeks before the event, same goes for accommodation info, car passes etc. that gives enough time to sort out any problems. 

Oh yeah no question - you're preaching to the choir, I'm totally in favour of going digital and fixing all that in one quick step, I'm just saying don't let Ticketmaster anywhere near our festival is all! 

Except TBH when I was thinking of digital done well I was thinking Boomtown and Shambala, which in my head were See as well but as @Sku rightly said are actually The Ticket Sellers, so I'd be more than happy with them or e-tickets from See, actually. 

48 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Do we know it actually stop touting? There have been plenty of threads in here over the last few weeks of people asking to buy tickets and many stories of people using others tickets to get in as the paper photos aren't really checked that much.

When I started going (after the superfence but before photo tickets), you'd find tickets on eBay for a massive mark-up as soon as they'd sold out.

You do still get the occasional person selling their ticket because they can't go, but not the level of touting you used to have.

47 minutes ago, Simsy said:

When I started going (after the superfence but before photo tickets), you'd find tickets on eBay for a massive mark-up as soon as they'd sold out.

You do still get the occasional person selling their ticket because they can't go, but not the level of touting you used to have.

Mobile technology and security has come on so much I'm not sure it's a particularly fair comparison. 

Smart phones hadn't even been invented then.

Edit: you didn't say pre super fence, but I did check and the iPhone was invented the year photo tickets were introduced. 

Edited by Leyrulion

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Touting for glastonbury is far less widespread than anywhere else, its not like they are on viagogo etc.

I'd be really interested if someone tried to do a study on this, my theory is that the photo drives a lot of the touting through less obvious routes but it still happens. Would be interesting to actually know how much.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

I don't think anything will completely stop it but it definitely greatly reduces. For one, it's usually just tickets here and there rather than a whole economy based off it (think viagogo, seatwave, etc.)

10 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I don't think anything will completely stop it but it definitely greatly reduces. For one, it's usually just tickets here and there rather than a whole economy based off it (think viagogo, seatwave, etc.)

Reduced compared to what it was yes, but my challenge is the assumption that moving to a mobile ticket system will lead to increased touting.

I'm sure they can do electronic ticketing in a way that keeps touting at or below the current level and improves the customer experience. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Reduced compared to what it was yes, but my challenge is the assumption that moving to a mobile ticket system will lead to increased touting.

I'm sure they can do electronic ticketing in a way that keeps touting at or below the current level and improves the customer experience. 

We know that the pictures significantly reduced touting, as people in here saw the impact - likewise when they stopped the transfer of cv passes. 

Committing 250000 attendees to having an electronic ticket, as well as the investment and risk that entails would be a bold decision for a festival who have a system that for the most part gets the job done. 

As for sending out tickets earlier - we obviously all want that, but that would presumably impact cancellation dates? 

20 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Sorry, we might be arguing a similar point - I think the physical tickets are great but I'd be in favour of a more streamlined system as long as it didn't open the gates to touting.

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

As for sending out tickets earlier - we obviously all want that, but that would presumably impact cancellation dates? 

Yeah, maybe. I suppose the argument is that this year seems particularly tight. That said, this could very well just be a hangover from covid lockdown (and Brexit for internationals) given every other year has worked very well.

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

i do like a physical ticket though, its a great memento and theyre being phased out of football matches and gigs already: soon enough they'll be the premium option you pay an extra £10 for

Hey lovely, I like an actual ticket too, especially for Glastonbury, all of mine are now precious mementos x 

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

i do like a physical ticket though, its a great memento and theyre being phased out of football matches and gigs already: soon enough they'll be the premium option you pay an extra £10 for

They already have for some shows!

2 hours ago, gfa said:

They already have for some shows!

This - I went to see ABBA Voyage on opening night in London, and the ticket was an E-Ticket QR Code via Ticketmaster. There was an option to pay £6 more per ticket for a Souvenir one that is sent after the event. Of course, I went for it. Waiting for it to arrive though...

4 hours ago, Charm said:

Hey lovely, I like an actual ticket too, especially for Glastonbury, all of mine are now precious mementos x 

This is another awful thing to come from the pandemic, the loss of physical tickets. Not to mention still having to pay an extortionate transaction fee for an e-ticket. 

9 hours ago, warriormonk said:

UPDATE:  See Tickets have got back to me and asked me to post the ticket back to them.  Thanks for that e-mail address @StoneCircle ... it's not on their 'customer service' page...or at least I couldn't find it. 

Phew, I actually started to suffer vicarious panic on the ticket holder's behalf!  It was really grinding my gears.  Ticket anxiety is a thing!  😱      

i'd still post a letter to said ticket holder explaining whats happened with your contact details, in case things go missing/wrong at seetickets, you can back/verify they've never received it in the first place

10 hours ago, warriormonk said:

You should post their surname on the off chance they're on this forum. They'll be able to confirm first name, address and potentially reg number if that's on the ticket.

1 hour ago, august1 said:

i'd still post a letter to said ticket holder explaining whats happened with your contact details, in case things go missing/wrong at seetickets, you can back/verify they've never received it in the first place

If they haven't received it, then there wouldn't be confirmation of receipt from the post office. 

As others have suggested, it's possible it's no longer that ticket holder's valid address, in which case the o/p would be better spending their time planning their own attendance 🙂 

Seems like they've achieved the purpose of their post and that a resolution is in hand.

21 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Seems like they've achieved the purpose of their post and that a resolution is in hand.

Indeed I have.  The ticket is currently winging its way from Sheffield to See Tickets HQ in Nottingham and will thence be posted out to the correct address.  Case solved.   Fin. ✌️

• Like 1