See Tickets have sent me someone else's ticket!!

warriormonk

1 minute ago, Barneym said:

Ticketmaster are awful please god no. I don’t think See are that bad personally, but I safely have my tickets so maybe I’m bias.

just start printing them easier seems the best solution to me 

I had digital tickets for Liam Gallagher at Knebworth and Reading Festival last year....worked fine.  

I'm sure there is a way that your digital ticket has your picture on it and can't be transferred so helps the anti-tout measures.

Paper tickets are pretty but also now an outdated way of doing things like this on a mass scale.

Some football tournaments send out 'souvenir tickets' after the event for people who want paper versions to frame up. 

16 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Maybe a label over it means they've addressed that issue and sent them a replacement? 

I definitely think See should be the answer

You sure you didn't get blocked for chasing them about coach emails 😊

Maybe try and find them on Social Media first then. They have the name and address. I don't think See are any worse than the alternatives. In fact I think they are significantly better than Ticketmaster but if I could save someone a bit of stress or having to try and negotiate box office collection then I would. I'd still let See know. If nothing else it breaks GDPR to be sending a third party your details. 

If they want to keep it to physical tickets with a photo - which I think is fantastic as it stops touting - they need to invest in better infrastructure. This messing around with distribution last minute, with ticket printers potentially overloaded with the volume of festivals happening, is leading to added pressure and ultimately mistakes.

16 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Maybe a label over it means they've addressed that issue and sent them a replacement? 

I definitely think See should be the answer

Exactly.  I'm thinking because they've put a label over the original address, the address has changed.  It's just they've put the wrong name and address on it.  If I send to the original address, it might be going to entirely the wrong place.

I have now sent an e-mail to glastonbury@seetickets.com.  If I don't get a reply by tomorrow I'm tweeting See them and the festival.  

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Ticketmaster and make them digital.

Ticketmaster who hadn't delivered half of the Download tickets a couple of days before? 

Obviously I am biased for multiple reasons, but Ticketmaster really can do one. 

Never ever had an issue with See tickets, every single event seems to have people worrying in the run up, despite clear guidance on when to actually expect your ticket, (7 days before in this case) and everything always comes good. There's always a few very rare genuine cases, but there's also always solutions for those few genuine problems that do occur.

How many real examples of people missing out on getting in because of a genuine ticketing error that is absolutely no fault of their own are out there? If we were all patient, and waited until June 15th (7 days before) before panicking, we wouldn't cause ourselves half as much anxiety... 

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I had digital tickets for Liam Gallagher at Knebworth and Reading Festival last year....worked fine.  

I'm sure there is a way that your digital ticket has your picture on it and can't be transferred so helps the anti-tout measures.

Paper tickets are pretty but also now an outdated way of doing things like this on a mass scale.

Some football tournaments send out 'souvenir tickets' after the event for people who want paper versions to frame up. 

I’m fine with digital tickets, Dice are great I just have an absolute hatred for Ticketmaster. I’m sure See could come up with a digital solution, your reg is linked to a mobile phone number and ticket sent to that with photo on it like a railcard for example and can’t be transferred to a different phone. 

2 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I’m fine with digital tickets, Dice are great I just have an absolute hatred for Ticketmaster. I’m sure See could come up with a digital solution, your reg is linked to a mobile phone number and ticket sent to that with photo on it like a railcard for example and can’t be transferred to a different phone. 

Yeah, I'm beginning to think digital tickets are the way forward.  I suppose the problem in Glastonbury's case, is the photo ID requirement and how that would work digitally. 

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

OK well maybe not Ticketmaster but either way I think the days of paper tickets should come to an end. 

Mentioned this in another thread before. The app for Euro 2020/21 was great, tickets held in it, with photo and personal details as well as a QR. 

Scanned upon entry, scanners shows staff matching info / photo to check against app. 

Would work a treat. But would need a lot of new infrastructure, and a lot of money spending on handheld 4g/5g enabled tablets / scanners for the gate.

Edited by Alvoram
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

Exactly.  I'm thinking because they've put a label over the original address, the address has changed.  It's just they've put the wrong name and address on it.  If I send to the original address, it might be going to entirely the wrong place.

I have now sent an e-mail to glastonbury@seetickets.com.  If I don't get a reply by tomorrow I'm tweeting See them and the festival.  

That's what I thought.  It sounds like they may have changed address, See Tickets meant to put their new address on it via a label but put your label on instead.

UPDATE:  See Tickets have got back to me and asked me to post the ticket back to them.  Thanks for that e-mail address @StoneCircle ... it's not on their 'customer service' page...or at least I couldn't find it. 

Phew, I actually started to suffer vicarious panic on the ticket holder's behalf!  It was really grinding my gears.  Ticket anxiety is a thing!  😱      

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Mentioned this in another thread before. The app for Euro 2020/21 was great, tickets held in it, with photo and personal details as well as a QR. 

Scanned upon entry, scanners shows staff matching info / photo to check against app. 

Would work a treat. But would need a lot of new infrastructure, and a lot of money spending on handheld 4g/5g enabled tablets / scanners for the gate.

I've had a season ticket digital card at Arsenal since 2006 when we moved to the new ground and since the start of this season you can add the 'ticket' to your smartphone wallet and use it that way if you want.

Like you say Euro 2020/21 tickets were all digital and worked fine.

See tickets or Ticketmaster could handle the selling of the tickets for GFL and then 'send' you a digital ticket that has your photo and a QR code on it.  Can also lock it so it can't be transferred and only used for the intended recipient. 

and with regards to the scanners at the gate they do it for other major festivals so don't see why Glastonbury is any different.

The only issue I can see is how to handle coach tickets....perhaps the tickets are only 'unlocked/valid' if the person is checked off on the list when they board the coach?

Edited by gooner1990

13 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

UPDATE:  See Tickets have got back to me and asked me to post the ticket back to them.  Thanks for that e-mail address @StoneCircle ... it's not on their 'customer service' page...or at least I couldn't find it. 

Phew, I actually started to suffer vicarious panic on the ticket holder's behalf!  It was really grinding my gears.  Ticket anxiety is a thing!  😱      

Have they covered the secure delivery costs ? So now the tickets need to do at least 2 more journeys ? While the person the other end stresses about where they are … not having a go at you by the way 

Edited by crazyfool1

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've had a season ticket digital card at Arsenal since 2006 when we moved to the new ground and since the start of this season you can add the 'ticket' to your smartphone wallet and use it that way if you want.

Like you say Euro 2020/21 tickets were all digital and worked fine.

See tickets or Ticketmaster could handle the selling of the tickets for GFL and then 'send' you a digital ticket that has your photo and a QR code on it.  Can also lock it so it can't be transferred and only used for the intended recipient. 

We've also had the contactless cards at Derby for an eternity.

Caused a bit of a (what about older folk with no mobile?) uproar last season when they tried to go completely digital with STs and one shots. Of course, we now know the real reason that they wanted to cut costs and go digital at Derby, but ultimately they had to back track on that decision. Making digital once again 'an option.' (There were a lot of other issues with digital ticketing at Derby, as we started to open back up after Covid, but I'll save you the details.) 

Do you think there would be a similar uproar in festival circuits if it went completely app based? Or do you think the demographics are better suited to it, and perhaps already 'used to it / ready for it?' 

Edited by Alvoram

28 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

How many real examples of people missing out on getting in because of a genuine ticketing error that is absolutely no fault of their own are out there? If we were all patient, and waited until June 15th (7 days before) before panicking, we wouldn't cause ourselves half as much anxiety... 

Well, as you know the concerns with the Irish tickets is documented fairly extensively here. Hopefully I'm coming back here to eat my words next week but 7 days really leaves no margin for error at all. They need to be sent within the next 24hours if they're to arrive by Wednesday.

We've also been told that the box office won't open until 8am on Wednesday which means International tickets (and anyone else that has opted for box office) will need to double queue and most likely will face many, many hours waiting to get in. I can only imagine what that's going to feel like if the weather is extreme in either way.

Just now, TheDayman said:

Well, as you know the concerns with the Irish tickets is documented fairly extensively here. Hopefully I'm coming back here to eat my words next week but 7 days really leaves no margin for error at all. They need to be sent within the next 24hours if they're to arrive by Wednesday.

We've also been told that the box office won't open until 8am on Wednesday which means International tickets (and anyone else that has opted for box office) will need to double queue and most likely will face many, many hours waiting to get in. I can only imagine what that's going to feel like if the weather is extreme in either way.

Oh I know, the Ireland (and rest of EU) issue is a bit of a sticky one. But do we know for sure that it was 'see tickets' decision to do collection only on International tickets? Surely it was the festival who chose to offer the collection point for them? And the festival that have planned access / opening times and methods?

It seems, however, that See are trying to find, or at least offering, a solution, by offering to post them, regardless of the terms. Time will tell whether they can actually come good with those offers. I have my fingers crossed for you all.

As I said in another post to you the other day, this could all be solved really easily with a collection point on the Monday and Tuesday, possibly away from the site. It seems silly that somebody has completely undermined all of the planning that goes into approach routes etc, to make folk all collect from the same place at the same time, on 'chaos day.' 

56 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

If they want to keep it to physical tickets with a photo - which I think is fantastic as it stops touting - they need to invest in better infrastructure. 

Do we know it actually stop touting? There have been plenty of threads in here over the last few weeks of people asking to buy tickets and many stories of people using others tickets to get in as the paper photos aren't really checked that much.

47 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

The scanners would possibly only be a one time investment, and you could contract it out to a company that has them. If they can deliver a mobile system that's cheaper than sending about 80-100,000 tickets by £10 a pop special delivery they'd be saving money.