See Tickets have sent me someone else's ticket!!

warriormonk

Does anyone know how to talk to a real person at See Tickets?  They sent me someone's else's ticket with my name and address on a label stuck over the actual ticket holders own address.  Weird.  Came at the same time as my ticket.

Anyway, none of the options available on their (so-called) customer support site cover this scenario.  No telephone number to ring.  What a bag of shite.

Feel sorry for the ticket holder.          

3 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

Does anyone know how to talk to a real person at See Tickets?  They sent me someone's else's ticket with my name and address on a label stuck over the actual ticket holders own address.  Weird.  Came at the same time as my ticket.

Anyway, none of the options available on their (so-called) customer support site cover this scenario.  No telephone number to ring.  What a bag of shite.

Feel sorry for the ticket holder.          

Emailing glastonbury@seetickets.com is your best bet. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Definitely try and contact the ticket holder separately. 

Don’t post their name all over social media but asking people with matching initials if they are missing a ticket could help narrow down the search. 

I’m assuming you also have their ticket reference number or other identifying details?

I’d definitely try all avenues including tweeting See, copying in Glastonbury Festival and Emily Eavis. I reckon that tweet would get escalated fairly swiftly. I used to have a phone number for direct customer service (not the call centre). Will see if I can find it. 

If you have their address I'd honestly just take the hit and pay for first class guaranteed delivery and put a note in with it. It's what I'd hope someone would do for me if they got my ticket. I'd send a message to See to let them know I've done it maybe give them the tracking details as well. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If you have their address I'd honestly just take the hit and pay for first class guaranteed delivery and put a note in with it. It's what I'd hope someone would do for me if they got my ticket. I'd send a message to See to let them know I've done it maybe give them the tracking details as well. 

I’d do similar but didn’t want to recommend it in case it got lost … but then it’s lost already 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’d do similar but didn’t want to recommend it in case it got lost … but then it’s lost already 

Yep that was my thought and first class direct to them is the quickest way of getting it unlost!! 

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Maybe a label over it means they've addressed that issue and sent them a replacement? 

I definitely think See should be the answer

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

See don’t seem to respond to tweets 

You sure you didn't get blocked for chasing them about coach emails 😊

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

is there a viable alternative ? that delivers on this scale ... the answer is probably tickets to phones isnt it ?

Not to mention the infrastructure required to handle ticket day. It’d have to be See or Ticketmaster. 

6 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Not to mention the infrastructure required to handle ticket day. It’d have to be See or Ticketmaster. 

Given Melvin Benn is back involved, who runs Festival Republic, which is owned by Live Nation Events - who also own Ticketmaster - I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the horizon.

That said, they've also had a mare with Download Festival this weekend so 🤷

Edited by TheDayman

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Ticketmaster and make them digital.

Ticketmaster are awful please god no. I don’t think See are that bad personally, but I safely have my tickets so maybe I’m bias.

just start printing them easier seems the best solution to me 

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Ticketmaster and make them digital.

It does seem sensible to make them digital now. A QR code can link directly to your photo etc and will be more secure than any hologram. Also more environmentally friendly to not print and post them all too.

Maybe this is the last year of a physical ticket.