Ticket Delivery - Ireland

TheDayman

Got the ticket collection email. Not sign of the car park pass just yet but at least I know we're in!

Hopefully general tickets arrive for the rest of you all this week. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

This time next week folks 😄 

FWIW I've kicked this up on Twitter to the festival, Emily and See.  I know my *checks notes* 41 followers will carry the weight needed to get this fixed.

You're welcome, Irish friends.

Edited by Quark
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Auxred said:

Is it reasonable to say that See Tickets have made shite of this now? I wonder if they've told whoever is working in the box office what's ahead of them? 🤔

I'd say the box office will be absolute carnage.  It feels like no-one at See Tickets this year knows anything about Glastonbury and how things work, where things are etc.  

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

FWIW I've kicked this up on Twitter to the festival, Emily and See.  I know my *checks notes* 41 followers will carry the weight needed to get this fixed.

Thanks! You’ve now got ….*pauses for effect* ….42 followers. 

Absolutely ridiculous that see tickets should leave things so late, especially with folk travelling from outside the UK. The whole ticket distribution, festival tickets, car passes, pre erected accommodation etc should be completed at least three weeks before the event, allowing any discrepancies to be rectified. It’s not as if the festival is a hastily arranged thing, it’s a sell out nine months in advance. 

The weird thing is that it seems they may have a solution for campervans, but that it's not widely communicated. Imagine making your way to gate A, having parked your camper somewhere, and be told to go to the campervan fields after all...? Unless I misunderstood.

First I was told I could park showing my email confirmation, but then the parking sticker's been sent. 

Plus wouldn't there be quite some UK people who just didn't trust themselves, asked for box office collection, and will show up late wednesday or thursday for whatever reason? I'm guessing they received the same email we did...

46 minutes ago, Chowda said:

Thanks! You’ve now got ….*pauses for effect* ….42 followers. 

53 minutes ago, Quark said:

Whats the link so I can RT

Hi,

Is anyone tracking there tickets through the RM tracker.  I got the dispatch email at 11am yestermorning when I check the tracker today it still says "we're expecting it"  and the sender has let us know and the item will be with us soon!  Every minute counts here so it looks like see haven't actually get them to the RM as yet!

Is anyone else seeing this?

15 minutes ago, The_Wiseman said:

Hi,

Is anyone tracking there tickets through the RM tracker.  I got the dispatch email at 11am yestermorning when I check the tracker today it still says "we're expecting it"  and the sender has let us know and the item will be with us soon!  Every minute counts here so it looks like see haven't actually get them to the RM as yet!

Whats RM tracker dude?

13 minutes ago, The_Wiseman said:

Hi,

If I was you, I'd definitely email See just so you have an email trail. If the ticket doesn't land in time, you don't want them trying to mess you around like those who have had their tickets delivered to the wrong address. You want to be able to show your concern for it's arrival from the start and firmly put the ball back in their court.

1 hour ago, Hugh with a P said:

I'd say the box office will be absolute carnage.  It feels like no-one at See Tickets this year knows anything about Glastonbury and how things work, where things are etc.  

See don't give a shite, and sad to say neither do the Fest.

It’s a mess this year…having flashbacks to 08 when we queued for God knows how many hours at a “box office” collection point only for Micheal Eavis to actually get involved and have them distribute blank tickets to all in the q…. When things go wrong in Pilton they can go really wrong…. 

39 minutes ago, The_Wiseman said:

Hi,

Yeah, that's more than likely still waiting to be picked up from See. Either that or they forgot the pickup scan, which isn't unheard of, but 99% chance it's not on the van yet.

Over in the UK ticket thread it's been anywhere from mid afternoon same day for some, to mid afternoon two days later for others that they actually start moving after the tracking number gets generated. Mine was emailed Tuesday, delivered Friday, and that's in England so you're pretty tight now either way. 

You might still be OK if it goes out today, but definitely time for an email to glastonbury@seetickets.com either way (and up the chain to rob.wilmshurst@seetickets.com if you have to!). 

Edited by MoonBuggy

22 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

If I was you, I'd definitely email See just so you have an email trail. If the ticket doesn't land in time, you don't want them trying to mess you around like those who have had their tickets delivered to the wrong address. You want to be able to show your concern for it's arrival from the start and firmly put the ball back in their court.

Thanks yeah have emailed glastonbury@seetickets.com is that the right one

6 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

It’s a mess this year…having flashbacks to 08 when we queued for God knows how many hours at a “box office” collection point only for Micheal Eavis to actually get involved and have them distribute blank tickets to all in the q…. When things go wrong in Pilton they can go really wrong…. 

You'd hope they're in a better place 14 years later.

I wondering how much See make off Glasto. Ticketmaster will be rubbing their hands together at all of this, particularly now that Melvin Benn is back involved.

1 minute ago, The_Wiseman said:

Thanks yeah have emailed glastonbury@seetickets.com is that the right one

Yep, that's the one. Tbh, it shouldn't even matter if they reply. If all goes wrong you just want as much proof that you went out of your way to get things sorted and the fault lies squarely with them.

I'm using accessible facilities and in the past I would go to Disabled car park and from there get my wrist bands etc and be bussed in to spring ground campsite. I changed from box office to delivery for this reason a month ago. but still no dispatch email. when i query it i keep getting that your ticket is being prepared and  printed email . got three of them now!! so i emailed see tickets directly rather than use their ticket system as they are just sending automated replies to close out on your query without dealing with it. I've asked them to respond with some useful information as it is causing stress etc. Maybe there is still time for it to get here but am getting less hopeful. but I'm keeping the tread going as proof of my numerous attempts to sort this issue out as I've a feeling I will need it. Ill update if they get back to me but cant help thinking they are ignoring all queried now until its too late to post. then we will all get box office collection updates. however maybe they are just badly managed headless chickens trying to get i all out last minute. We will see!!

Edited by Movmctov

16 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Yep, that's the one. Tbh, it shouldn't even matter if they reply. If all goes wrong you just want as much proof that you went out of your way to get things sorted and the fault lies squarely with them.

Thanks yeah I agree!  Is anyone else able to see updates on the Royal Mail Tracker am I the only one who see the 'Expecting' message?

8 minutes ago, Movmctov said:

I'm using accessible facilities and in the past I would go to Disabled car park and from there get my wrist bands etc and be bussed in to spring ground campsite. I changed from box office to delivery for this reason a month ago. but still no dispatch email. when i query it i keep getting that your ticket is being prepared and  printed email . got three of them now!! so i emailed see tickets directly rather than use their ticket system as they are just sending automated replies to close out on your query without dealing with it. I've asked them to respond with some useful information as it is causing stress etc. Maybe there is still time for it to get here but am getting less hopeful. but I'm keeping the tread going as proof of my numerous attempts to sort this issue out as I've a feeling I will need it. Ill update if they get back to me but cant help thinking they are ignoring all queried now until its too late to post. then we will all get box office collection updates. however maybe they are just badly managed headless chickens trying to get i all out last minute. We will see!!

What a shitshow.

We're coming from Dublin, via. Holyhead, and aiming to be on the farm for 4am-ish on Wednesday to inevitably end up at the box office too. If there's anything we can do to help, feel free to ping me.

Thanks. We are coming from Dublin too. but doing Wexford - Pembroke. we will be in Pembroke just before 1pm on the Wednesday so I'm guessing we arrive around 4pm. There's 5 of us. just have to give up stressing and join the box office queue when we get there. Want to start looking forward to it and not be checking my email every 5 mins for a response from see tickets!!!

5 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

What a shitshow.

We're coming from Dublin, via. Holyhead, and aiming to be on the farm for 4am-ish on Wednesday to inevitably end up at the box office too. If there's anything we can do to help, feel free to ping me.

Thanks. We are coming from Dublin too. but doing Wexford - Pembroke. we will be in Pembroke just before 1pm on the Wednesday so I'm guessing we arrive around 4pm. There's 5 of us. just have to give up stressing and join the box office queue when we get there. Want to start looking forward to it and not be checking my email every 5 mins for a response from see tickets!!!