Ticket Delivery - Ireland

TheDayman

I was giving until midday today until I pulled a separate thread together on this (also I don't want to kill the vibe for all those real International travellers over in the International Contingent who have already started/starting their journeys to the farm!).

So I'm open to correction but it looks like no Irish (ROI) tickets have been sent so far and realistically, that needs to happen before COB tomorrow if they expect them to arrive to us a minimum of 7 days out from the festival. Hopefully by the end of the day we'll all have dispatch notices, the tickets arrive with no problems and this becomes a redundant thread. However if not, and given how template answer See Tickets are with their responses so far, I thought it might be a good idea to group together here. Strength in numbers and all that.

It will also be a good place to post any information you might get from See Tickets, through direct contact or otherwise, which might get lost somewhere else.

As I say, fingers crossed everything works out fine but if not, it's harder to ignore a group than individuals.

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, YIP said:

traveling from Dublin on the Monday - so we bailed this morning and got switched back to International Box Office Collection - not ideal but I must say i feel MUCH calmer now and letting myself get excited

We're in the same boat as you, heading across by Ferry on Monday to Bristol via. Holyhead. If they even gave us some detail on the box office like confirming it will be open from Tuesday (which I'm guessing they might need for the campers), I'd happily do the same and drive up just to collect the tickets.

• Upvote 1

Good thinking @TheDayman.  And here in solidarity with you !  

I know I updated the other thread yesterday but just to let you know where I am again ... waiting on 8 tickets to be delivered to Irish addresses.   My order tracker (for 2 of those tickets) updated yesterday to say tickets in stock and will be despatched shortly to the address provided.  I was initially delighted with this bit of good news but having read the other threads, apparantly lots of people have had this update on their tracker for weeks now !!   

The other 6 waiting on tickets all still have the 'tickets will be send by secure post' message on their trackers.

Not filled with hope and I agree, if they are not miraculously despatched by COB of business tomorrow, we're in trouble.  

4 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

Good thinking @TheDayman.  And here in solidarity with you !  

I know I updated the other thread yesterday but just to let you know where I am again ... waiting on 8 tickets to be delivered to Irish addresses.   My order tracker (for 2 of those tickets) updated yesterday to say tickets in stock and will be despatched shortly to the address provided.  I was initially delighted with this bit of good news but having read the other threads, apparantly lots of people have had this update on their tracker for weeks now !!   

The other 6 waiting on tickets all still have the 'tickets will be send by secure post' message on their trackers.

Not filled with hope and I agree, if they are not miraculously despatched by COB of business tomorrow, we're in trouble.  

Yeah, we've 7 tickets across 4 addresses.

3 of the addresses (which are 6 tickets) are "Tickets will be sent be secure post. A signature may be required", while one is "Tickets are in stock and will be despatched shortly to the address provided".

That single tickets has had that status for at least 3 weeks now though. I wonder if that adds any weight to the theory that they're holding back Irish tickets to eventually default to box office...

Edited by TheDayman

hiyaI emailed them to ask about the box office being open on the Tuesday - big fat nope - it's open at 8am Wednesday - only slight bonus is the International tickets may be a little less manic than the other box office...

1 minute ago, smileyp123 said:

I had requested delivery to Ireland along with car park ticket but it looks as if il need to change to collection. 3rd Glastonbury and never had issues b4 with tickets.

Yep, that's why we got ours updated to delivery - no info on how we'd get in to the car park without our passes (or how to even get to the box office from the car parks which is normally at the coach drop off)

1 minute ago, YIP said:

hiyaI emailed them to ask about the box office being open on the Tuesday - big fat nope - it's open at 8am Wednesday - only slight bonus is the International tickets may be a little less manic than the other box office...

Interesting... any Irish here with a campervan ticket? They'll need theirs on Tuesday

on a positive Royal Mail postage note...we did fork out for fancy camping and they posted out car pass out from the UK on Monday and it arrived this morning (Thursday) - so hopefully if see tickets don't muck up on the labeling of the tickets you'll be okay - but as I say, massive relief to have switched it back and now I'm looking forward to getting stuck in

Read on one of the other topics that if you have your car pass booking number / email then that should suffice for the car park areas to get in. Doesn't make any sense that the car parking passes for international bookings are collection!

Whoever manages the dispatch of tickets at See must be a ride the zero kind of guy before filling up. Surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that things going outside of Royal Mail jurisdiction will need a bit longer and get them sent first. Sorry to all of you caught up in this faff. 

17 minutes ago, Chowda said:

I have a campervan, so box office collection not feasible.  Been chasing see tickets for weeks to get them posted ASAP. 

Same here, heading over on the Tuesday night, so will give it until next Tuesday before I pull the Collection trigger. 

I have so little hope these tickets are getting posted but at the same time I know the ticket queue will be an absolute horror show which will probably be 2 hours+  so I am still holding onto my tiniest sliver of hope they sort this.

Because I'm really sad (or maybe just avoiding work) when I saw all the fuss around Download Festival tickets not arriving in time, I decided to do a little digging during the week on ticket printing...

I work in events so had a fair idea that See Tickets wouldn't be printing the tickets themselves and a quick Google search brought up a company in Bristol that amongst many other things, advertises that they print tickets - and car parking passes - for Glastonbury, Leeds and Reading. Given the latter two are run by Festival Republic, as is Download, it's probably not far fetched to guess that Download passes were also printed here.

Now, the reason I've highlighted car parking passes is because Download Festival's official social media accounts had to come out a few days back to inform Festival goers that car parking passes were delayed and for those that hadn't received they could show their email confirmation and ID instead.

I'm wondering that, if its the same company fulfilling Glastonburys tickets, parking passes, etc., etc., maybe it's there where the initial pressure is building up.

Either way, my biggest issue right now is the lack of information. I completely understand if companies are struggling with the return to normal life. Sure Dublin Airport had a complete meltdown only last week. If the festival would just be open and let us know what their plans are it would go a long way to allowing us plan accordingly too.

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Because I'm really sad (or maybe just avoiding work) when I saw all the fuss around Download Festival tickets not arriving in time, I decided to do a little digging during the week on ticket printing...

I work in events so had a fair idea that See Tickets wouldn't be printing the tickets themselves and a quick Google search brought up a company in Bristol that amongst many other things, advertises that they print tickets - and car parking pass - for Glastonbury, Leeds and Reading. Given the latter two are run by Festival Republic, as is Download, it's probably not far fetched to guess that Download passes were also printed here.

Now, the reason I've highlighted car parking passes is because Download Festival's official social media accounts had to come out a few days back to inform Festival goers that car parking passes were delayed and for those that hadn't received they could show their email confirmation and ID instead.

I'm wondering that, if its the same company fulfilling Glastonburys tickets, parking passes, etc., etc., maybe it's there where the initial pressure is building up.

Either way, my biggest issue right now is the lack of information. I completely understand if companies are struggling with the return to normal life. Sure Dublin Airport had a complete meltdown only last week. If the festival would just be open and let us know what their plans are it would go a long way to allowing us plan accordingly too.

That's all I want really so I know what im facing into on arrival, the campervan pass would do me or even an email giving instructions of what happens if arriving without the CV pass. I've had 3 different answers up to the last email verifying they'll be posted, tracker on SEE has been updated to "in stock and will be dispatched soon" although from reading Boards some people have that message since mid May. 

17 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

My feeling is that next week you will all get emails telling you to collect from the box office at gate A. 

Yeah, this is my feeling too (which I didn't mind until I read that the box office wasn't going to be open until 8am on the Wednesday... queuing for hours once is hard enough as it is)

Edited by TheDayman

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

I am in Dublin and still no sign of a secure postage note. Seetickets better up their game and use DHL or FedEx otherwise the clock will run down.

Whatever chance we have with Royal Post, DHL, FedEx etc would be a disaster. We have continuous hassle with delays for customes checks on all items coming by courier from the UK as it all requires customes paperwork. Given in their inability to get them in an envelope and out I think the chances of Seetickets getting customs paperwork right is slim to none.

For ref - we are waiting on 5 tickets and two campervan passes. We are on the 20:45 sailing from Rosslare to Pembroke on Tuesday night and intend on going straight to the campervan site with an ETA around 0400 Wednesday morning.

31 minutes ago, Traco said:

Whatever chance we have with Royal Post, DHL, FedEx etc would be a disaster. We have continuous hassle with delays for customes checks on all items coming by courier from the UK as it all requires customes paperwork. Given in their inability to get them in an envelope and out I think the chances of Seetickets getting customs paperwork right is slim to none.

For ref - we are waiting on 5 tickets and two campervan passes. We are on the 20:45 sailing from Rosslare to Pembroke on Tuesday night and intend on going straight to the campervan site with an ETA around 0400 Wednesday morning.

Amazon can manage two day delivery from the UK, it's not impossible. But if AnPost decide to get involved, then our tickets are inevitably getting stuck in Dublin Port.