The Arcadia Friday Gap

Tardigrade

On 6/9/2022 at 1:23 PM, plaskins said:

What happened to the Orbital rumor? Take it they aren't playing anywhere....?

I'm proper puzzled about the lack of Orbital on the line up, they were to "close out the dance field," according to Phill when I saw them do a talk back like a week before the first lockdown, which Paul didn't seem happy about him revealing. Obviously it has been years since then but they pushed back their planned 30 album and are now releasing it this year as "30 Something" plus they seem to be touring around summer so I'm honestly confused that they aren't anywhere on that line up.

edit: just seen the 1:30-2:30am at Wow after Sunday night 🤔

Edited by WS_Jack_III

On 6/9/2022 at 11:16 AM, t0paz said:

I wonder if it’s possible the Chems could be doing a live set? Not sure I can miss Little Simz for a DJ set.

I'm not being provocative here, just genuinely interested - surely a Chems set is pretty much a DJ set anyway? What would be different? 

15 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'm not being provocative here, just genuinely interested - surely a Chems set is pretty much a DJ set anyway? What would be different? 

I get what you mean. I meant more with the accompanying AV show, which is now a big part of their ‘live’ sets. 

28 minutes ago, Superscally said:

A Chems live set is only Chems' music (possibly a cover occasionally). A DJ set is just like any other DJ - spinning others' tunes, with likely a few of theirs chucked in. 

Ben

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

A Chems live set is only Chems' music (possibly a cover occasionally). A DJ set is just like any other DJ - spinning others' tunes, with likely a few of theirs chucked in. 

Ben

I've always wondered how the knob twiddling on the giant rig they have works in a live show given the need to sync to the visuals. Maybe they have a lot of the base stuff running underneath and control other samples/feedback on the fly? 

14 hours ago, t0paz said:

I get what you mean. I meant more with the accompanying AV show, which is now a big part of their ‘live’ sets. 

Ah of course, but the Spider makes up fer that

14 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

That's so weird? I'd make my life easy and just play my tunes. Would be short like, only ever wrote one and it was earnest at best.

15 hours ago, e_p said:

30 something - that album title rings a bell

Carter USM, they called Orbital out on it on social media.

14 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I've always wondered how the knob twiddling on the giant rig they have works in a live show given the need to sync to the visuals. Maybe they have a lot of the base stuff running underneath and control other samples/feedback on the fly? 

We have this discussion nearly every year here on eFests.

2 minutes ago, Cal_91 said:

Chemical brothers posted the following on Facebook yesterday:

Intense rehearsals completed. Brand new intense show. We’re ready for the summer, see you in a field soon. 🙏💖 

#chemicalbrotherslive #nospoilers 

#regram • @eddyboysimons

That'll be a reference to Field Day surely - which they're headlining

37 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

One TBA has gone, now its just 23:00 - 01:00

12 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Looks like Carl Cox and Chase & Status are now a 2hr slot, not 1?

Correct, good spot, thanks

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

They always were a 2 hour slot

Previously 01:00-02:00 was Nina Kraviz, then a TBA once she got dropped