“Getting in”

StuwieG

2 hours ago, czuk said:

Performer ticket for us in 2019.  Drove on to the site in a minibus with the rest of the (real) performers with no ID check, got wrist banded in T&C, again no ID check.  Was bricking it the whole time even though the performer lead said not to worry, he would sort it out if there was a problem.  The only problem was having to perform, which was mostly only having to follow what the others were doing but doing it in the heat in 2019 was a nightmare.

I guess it really depends on who your performing / working for. Some organisers would be was strict than others. 

can I perform with you next year ? I know several party tricks and know some great jokes.

18 hours ago, StuwieG said:

Been offered a performer ticket, off someone we know which is legit. No pic on it. 

Will it be easy enough to get in with? 

Yes, I have friends who got in with a performers ticket - no questions asked at all - but it was 12 years ago so maybe things have changed 

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

can I perform with you next year ? I know several party tricks and know some great jokes.

If only.  We got the tickets because I used to work with one of the real performers, who got another job shortly and not in contact any more.  It was actually a great experience, being behind the scenes and part of the festival rather than a punter and access to crew bars is not to be sniffed at.

I hope whoever jibbed in had a better experience than the three scousers who came over the fence Saturday night into the workers  campsite in Tom's Field.

One landed on a lady sleeping in a tent and spiked himself on some supporting rebar, one got apprehended trying to get in someone's tent (I assume to hide from security) and one lass broke both ankles, one of them a compound fracture.

Certainly a Glastonbury to remember for her.

Is it worth it?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I hope whoever jibbed in had a better experience than the three scousers who came over the fence Saturday night into the workers  campsite in Tom's Field.

One landed on a lady sleeping in a tent and spiked himself on some supporting rebar, one got apprehended trying to get in someone's tent (I assume to hide from security) and one lass broke both ankles, one of them a compound fracture.

Is it worth it?

Always amazes me when people don't look at maps before jumping in and pick sensible places. Had a few instances as a guard where you'd wake up in the middle of the night to people trying to get in through a field of off duty security guards trying to sleep and eat. That always ended as well as you'd imagine for them. 🤣

Edited by willgooneday

16 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Is it worth it?

That would explain why they closed the villagers gate at Mary’s gate that night. We went to leave and had to go through blue gate instead. No volunteer or security knew why it was shut or for how long ( or they weren’t letting on). 

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

That would explain why they closed the villagers gate at Mary’s gate that night. We went to leave and had to go through blue gate instead. No volunteer or security knew why it was shut or for how long ( or they weren’t letting on). 

Yep, was chaos for a while I believe. I was still off my nut somewhere dancing to spanners in a washing machine but some of my colleagues said it was a pretty grim hour or two for all involved 

• Upvote 1