“Getting in”

StuwieG

1 hour ago, StuwieG said:

Little bump on this. 

We’re heading down on the Wednesday anyway as we’ve got the time booked off, so if anyone can help, we’d be very grateful. 

If nothing, we’ll just go and watch Noel Gallagher in Bristol Wednesday night. 

Just be careful about giving money to people who promise a "way in". You don't want to get scammed again and desperate people often make poor decisions. The odds of being scammed are much higher than the odds of actually getting in. 

• Upvote 1

Sounds a lot like the first post you made in this thread. If it isn't a fake ticket and you aren't being scammed then id say you'll need the persons ID also. So no it probably won't be easy enough. They care about this stuff, if they didn't they wouldn't bother putting photos on tickets.

Edited by Madyaker

Is has been said from site that they have closed a lot of the previous routes in. Various security companies sacked, pubs known to be locations used are no longer in the game, entry and wristbands tightened. There are also a number of old entry methods been located and shut down. Beware of promises, they are unlikely to work this year.

Unless you come in with a group of performers they will likely radio it in to the area manager to check if you're expected etc... You'd need to know that areas managers name and the group you are with. Different areas have different protocols for this. If the ticket says Pyramid forget it, its a scam.

21 minutes ago, StuwieG said:

I can get an ID and the person doesn’t look too dissimilar to me at a push 

I too have one such ticket.

when I went in 2019 with a staff / performer ticket on the Tuesday I didn’t get wrist-banded until I was in my area, I got ID checked at the gate. 

I hope it goes well for you, I think now you have a ticket you’ll be fine.

Edited by Radi0Head

4 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

I can say that when I went in 2019 with a staff / performer ticket on the Tuesday I didn’t get wrist-banded until I was in my area. I got ID checked at the gate. 

I’ve also got staff / performer ticket this year also and suspect the situation will be the same, this year I’m on site this weekend.

Make of that what you will.

From experience this is exactly how it is. Plus you'll have a staff camping area or you can also obviously camp wherever you like.

I guess its up to the person letting you in whether they radio it in or not, but correct here that its the site organiser that gives you your writband depending on where you are performing, but if they dont know you for toffees then what then? I guess your in though so fair play.

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I guess its up to the person letting you in whether they radio it in or not, but correct here that its the site organiser that gives you your writband depending on where you are performing, but if they dont know you for toffees then what then? I guess your in though so fair play.

Yeah this will be your issue. If you know the site organiser you’ll be golden. Otherwise you’ll have to risk being on site without a band

Sit in one of the private car parks with a few beers and a pocket full of cash. Don't take any bags or tents. Buy anything you need once in. You'll will soon be offered a way inside once you start talking to people. Can be costly but works, just keep your wrists covered on site as I know a few people who have been pulled out thinking nobody inside the fence are checking as the festival goes on.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scotdy said:

Sit in one of the private car parks with a few beers and a pocket full of cash. Don't take any bags or tents. Buy anything you need once in. You'll will soon be offered a way inside once you start talking to people. Can be costly but works, just keep your wrists covered on site as I know a few people who have been pulled out thinking nobody inside the fence are checking as the festival goes on.

Or you just buy a load of festival wristbands from online, it's only bare wrists that stand out a mile. If security see wristbands they'll more likely assume it's from some area they don't know about, unless you're actually stopped for something else they're unlikely to check.

Edited by Leyrulion

14 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

when I went in 2019 with a staff / performer ticket on the Tuesday I didn’t get wrist-banded until I was in my area, I got ID checked at the gate. 

I hope it goes well for you, I think now you have a ticket you’ll be fine.

Performer ticket for us in 2019.  Drove on to the site in a minibus with the rest of the (real) performers with no ID check, got wrist banded in T&C, again no ID check.  Was bricking it the whole time even though the performer lead said not to worry, he would sort it out if there was a problem.  The only problem was having to perform, which was mostly only having to follow what the others were doing but doing it in the heat in 2019 was a nightmare.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, czuk said:

Performer ticket for us in 2019.  Drove on to the site in a minibus with the rest of the (real) performers with no ID check, got wrist banded in T&C, again no ID check.  Was bricking it the whole time even though the performer lead said not to worry, he would sort it out if there was a problem.  The only problem was having to perform, which was mostly only having to follow what the others were doing but doing it in the heat in 2019 was a nightmare.

Ok, this got wilder and wilder the more I read, please tell us more about what and where you performed 😄