Abolition of MDC - Somerset Council

theciderviking

Apologies if this has already been discussed, however I’m wondering what impact (if any) the abolition of Mendip District Council and transfer of powers, including licensing, to the newly formed Somerset Council will have on licensing of the festival moving forward? 

Obviously Michael and GFL have had their differences with MDC over the years, but it does seem that bridges have been built in recent years - hopefully that goodwill will transfer and perhaps even be built upon, but it is a slightly unwelcome unknown on the horizon with MDC set to be abolished next year.

No doubt there will be people far more in the know than me, I’d love to hear peoples thoughts. 🙂

I’d have thought that most of the staff from MDC will transfer to the new council. So hopefully there won’t be much change. 
The councillors will probably change but they usually follow the recent of the officers. There might be some tub thumping to look good for their voters but they should still follow the officer’s recommendation to stay within the law