Parking in Bristol during the festival

Kim Wrong-Un

I was planning to get the train to Bristol on the Tuesday of the festival. We have a hotel booked next to the Coach station and will be getting National Express to and from the farm.

If the train strike goes ahead I'll need to drive to Bristol and leave my car somewhere from the Tuesday night until Monday lunchtime.

Can anyone suggest somewhere fairly safe not too many miles from the city centre but without parking restrictions, where I could leave my car? I'd then look to get a taxi to and from the centre.

39 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I was planning to get the train to Bristol on the Tuesday of the festival. We have a hotel booked next to the Coach station and will be getting National Express to and from the farm.

If the train strike goes ahead I'll need to drive to Bristol and leave my car somewhere from the Tuesday night until Monday lunchtime.

Can anyone suggest somewhere fairly safe not too many miles from the city centre but without parking restrictions, where I could leave my car? I'd then look to get a taxi to and from the centre.

check the link for resident parking permit zone boundary - i would suggest Lower Easton, anywhere near the Greenbank Pub is free and it's an OK area. - Cromer Rd, Daisy Rd around those streets is where I park when seeing friends down in Briz. Taxi to city centre will be about £10

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/parking/map-of-scheme-areas

You also need to check if your car can drive through the city centre on the green tax - diesel cars are a no go, electric and some petrol are ok.

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/streets-travel/bristol-caz/view-map

Edited by NickM45
  • Upvote 1